Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Commandos-Like Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Commandos clone with ninjutsu theme

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NEW DESPERADOS-LIKE GAME coming from Mimimi. From the email newsletter:

Codename Kartoffel Reaches Alpha Milestone
109dcc34-f439-487f-804e-9383d01db699.png

Hey there everyone,

As promised we only write, when we have something to say. And I think the time has come. Our upcoming game Codename Kartoffel (same genre as Shadow Tactics, but different setting, not Shadow Tactics 2) hit the Alpha milestone. It was quite a tough time for the whole team, but we had some free time with family and friends for Easter holidays last week. And now we are back in business and working on Codename Kartoffel for the rest of this year.

With this project we stepped into a lot of new adventures like recording animations with motion capturing or doing ensemble recordings for the voices (all actors of a dialogue are recorded at the same time). We really hope to master these tools to bring our next game to the next level. Right now it looks very promising, but also like a lot of work to come for us. But we are ready.
65e7c050-d5f5-4f58-80d2-452af6976f75.jpg

02e6b49c-df08-4cd2-9160-92ec1575b70a.jpg

29b467e6-1e3c-4aad-a2dc-0a8ca956543d.jpg

Shadow Tactics Patch v.2.2 Release

Besides working on the new project we did a patch for Shadow Tactics which mainly improves the long loading times, drastically reduces CPU load (less fan-noise, more FPS!) and fixes some other minor bugs. We even tested it on a beta branch on Steam before rolling it out to the public. Everything looked really good. Guess what, after we pushed it out to the public, some people reported bugs like a pink screen or the left mouse click not working. Although it were not a lot of people, it still sucks.

We are very sorry for all the people who can´t play Shadow Tactics because of these bugs right now. We will have a look at these issues shortly and hope to fix them as soon as possible. Regarding the pink screen we can already say: this is happening on DirectX 9 GPUs or systems with faulty GPU drivers, and Shadow Tactics never really supported DX9. The old version miraculously sometimes worked, so you can still switch back to it.

Back to the sunny side. There is a Shadow Tactics boardgame in the works, done by our partners Antler Games. We are very excited to see the results when it hits Kickstarter. The stuff that has been sent to us from Antler Games looks really good so far.

You can see there has been a lot going on our side in the last few months. We are more then happy how things turned out after being very close to shutting down the company at the end of 2016.

The main reason we are still here today and doing what we love to do is for sure everybody out there who bought our games. We are very happy for all your support in the last years and we promise to keep on making games with the fullest of our hearts.

There is so much more to tell, but I think the newsletter is long enough already. I think the next big thing from our side will be the announcement of Codename Kartoffel later this year. If you´re interested in getting in contact with us sooner, feel free to join our Discord here https://discord.gg/vRxWGey

Or simply lean back and wait for our next newsletter.
Yours,
The Mimimis

PS: Some of you might have already spotted it, but we are in the process of updating our logo (check out the intro of the new Shadow Tactics patch) and renaming the company from Mimimi Productions to simply Mimimi.
c1f1b789-7bf9-4697-9c4e-82bb8ca82734.png

Copyright © 2018 Mimimi Productions, All rights reserved.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I dont have any idea how a developer named Mimimi made this work of art, but, man, this game is one of the best things I ever played. I am really impressed.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Now 50% off on steam! Just bought it.

Edit: my guess for project potato is that it's set in Poland in WW2 or soviet era.

Citizen

Now 50% off on steam! Just bought it.

Edit: my guess for project potato is that it's set in Poland in WW2 or soviet era.

Like commandos, but you are unarmed and sometimes throw potato from behind the corner to distract nazis.

vazha

Arcane
Is there anything like this game but based on a medieval/renaissance setting? Or ancient Greece / Roman?

vazha

Arcane
Played this one to death back when I was... young. Anything else(more recent) that I might have missed?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Bumping this thread just to tell people that Desperados has been updated to run on current operating systems.
That's awesome! What's even better is that they've included a new level here (the one from demo) although I'm not sure where this demo is.It's not in the goodies section.

Includes a long lost demo mission where Cooper, Doc and Kate free a town from Outlaws.
A challenging level from back in the old days when some games still had rather difficult demos

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Bumping this thread just to tell people that Desperados has been updated to run on current operating systems.
That's awesome! What's even better is that they've included a new level here (the one from demo) although I'm not sure where this demo is.It's not in the goodies section.

Includes a long lost demo mission where Cooper, Doc and Kate free a town from Outlaws.
A challenging level from back in the old days when some games still had rather difficult demos
It is with main game.
There's a new menu at the start from which you can pick the demo level.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, I went back to my 31h campaign just to discover that all saves are incompatible with new version.

I called it a day and uninstalled the game. Thanks, Mimimi.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

In this 2018 GDC talk, Mimimi Productions' Moritz Wagner goes over the design challenges he and his team faced creating Shadow Tactics and gives a detailed overview of the game's production.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom