Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Shadow Tactics - Blades of Shogun Commandos clone with ninjutsu theme.

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by Taka-Haradin puolipeikko, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    I have to agree with my colleagues. One visible bug on one achievement if you do a certain thing in one level is a ridiculous reason to hold your breath on this excellent work. Play it today.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  2. LESS T_Tgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014

Also:

"We're actually working on a next big project which is similar genre to Shadow Tactics"

• Informative Informative x 4
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Bah, that sounds like same genre but different gameplay. I'd rather reverse those, but eh maybe it will also be great.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. ColColgender: ⚧ Arcane

ColCol
    Parrots:
    Clearly with the little evidence available the new game is a Edo period sniper game.

^ Top  
  5. oasis789gender: ⚧ Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:

"not this CGI shit"
    :greatjob:

• Salute Salute x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. zoolgender: ⚧ Savant

zool
    Parrots:
    Just finished the last mission, had a blast with the game. I still can't believe how it came out of nowhere. Watched the credits at the end and that's some awesome deutsche qualität on all levels here, mixed with great Japanese voice-overs. Has anyone checked if any of the developers who worked at Spellbound on Desperados more than a decade ago joined Mimimi Entertainement? That would explain a lot.

Extremely minor nitpicks :
    - not being able to tie up knocked down enemies and civilians make (admittedly self-imposed) non-lethal playthroughs a chore.
    - civilians are shown by the same color than enemies on the minimap, it would have been great if they showed up in a different color.
    - it would have been nice to have character stats added up for all thirteen missions when you finish the game, so you can see who your best killer is and so on.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Silvagender: ⚧ Magister

Silva
    Parrots:
    Got this for PS4 after trying the demo and HOLY COW what a great game. And playing with a controller where you control characters directly like an action game feels soooooo good.

^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    Imo it's a good thing because KO + tie up makes non-lethal gameplay way too easy, not to mention that it's near-identical to just killing them all anyway. Still, there are ways to get around this:

- You can put KO'd civilians inside buildings, and they won't come out again.
    - You can throw KO'd guards around into unreachable places to make sure they never bother you again. Either toss them on rooftops with Mugen or drop them down ledges onto secluded platforms with the others.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Personally, I think a nonlethal playthrough in a game about ninjas is a silly idea anyway, on par with "I'll only use my left hand and never speak the letter E". Fine if you want to do that, but not something to expect design support for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. zoolgender: ⚧ Savant

zool
    Parrots:
    Actually I was mostly thinking about civilians as, even though the game doesn't penalize you for killing them, I decided to slightly increase the difficulty level through a self-imposed rule of not killing civilians (like in Desperados IIRC). True, you can dispose of knocked-down enemies/civilians using ledges and interiors but that's not always an option.

As for non-letal playthoughs, I agree with you Zombra though there are one or two missions in the game (like the penultimate one) where non-lethal would make sense. Desperados had a few of those, they made sense and forced you to slightly change your usual way of doing things, which was great IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Yeah. I definitely enjoy little "rules" like leaving people alone when it doesn't make sense to hurt them. But I always try to remember that in historical fiction of the period, life is cheap as dirt. Doesn't really feel right to be moralistic about it. Like in an action movie where a bad guy is shooting at a cop, so the cop shoots at the awning above him so it falls down and knocks him out harmlessly ... I guess there's a place for those kind of stories, but they feel dumb to me.

As an aside, I think there's only one Desperados mission that forces nonlethality (and I do love the way that game keeps changing the rules), but my favorite way to play is to never kill "good guys" or guys who are just doing their job. Never kill the military, the sheriff, the militia, etc. But bandits and murderers deserve whatever they get.

^ Top  
  12. zoolgender: ⚧ Savant

zool
    Parrots:
    I played exactly this way too when I did my last playthrough.

In addition to the marshall's hacienda mission, wasn't the mission to free Sanchez from his military jail non-lethal too? I thought so but I may be remembering wrong, I haven't played the game in quite some time now and I may be mixing it up with my own house rules..

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Nope, the Desperados jailbreak can be a slaughter if you want; the game won't stop you. (Possibly because it's really difficult to crack that mission without killing anybody!) But yeah, like you I never play it that way - it just doesn't look right for Cooper to cold-bloodedly knife dozens of guards. Not that kind of story.

but we're getting off topic here

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. lukaszekgender: ⚧ Magister

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    is it possible to do pacifist 3rd mission, the one with stealing scroll? Managed to get fat ass close to the gate without touching anyone, but now I have no idea how to move on. There are like 6 guards watching gate from all angles and im unable to move child around fast enough to lure them away.
    Does it even make sense for me to try pacifist every single mission?

^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    In my experience trying to do every mission on pacifist mode is possible, but it requires borderline exploiting the game.

For instance, a hint for the above: knock out some random guard, grab him with Mugen, lure all the guards into one space with Yuki, throw the KO'd guard at the gathered suckers to KO all of them.

This is also why this game is so gud. There are really super many options for you to make use of.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    The game certainly isn't built for it. Kinda like playing, oh, Bloodlines without feeding or using Disciplines for an "I'm not really a vampire" LARPer playthrough.

But hey, I'm the last guy who's gonna throw stones at a fellow LARPer. Good luck.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. lukaszekgender: ⚧ Magister

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    this is awesome, didnt know about it.
    not going to help me though, as all the roofs are not accessible for fatman at this point. Im at the area where you leave moving wagon.

If you knock someone out and they wake up - does it count as raising alarm?

thats what it felt so far in some cases :negative:

^ Top  
  18. DemonKinggender: ⚧ Arcane

DemonKing
    Parrots:
    I saw this had come to consoles and momentarily thought that maybe they had implemented co-op which could be fun but the box I looked at said single player only so I guess I'll stick with the PC master race.

Looking forward to their next game after this beauty.

^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    Nope.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. lukaszekgender: ⚧ Magister

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    if i knock someone out and accidentally drop them into the water... It doesnt make me a killer, right?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Rage Rage x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Cyberarmygender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Cyberarmy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Little happy accidents.

• Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Rahdulangender: ⚧ Arcane

Rahdulan
    Parrots:
    So it turned out to be a part of Humble Monthly. I wonder how sharing the profits works for developers in such a case.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)