Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Shadow Tactics - Blades of Shogun Commandos clone with ninjutsu theme.

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by Taka-Haradin puolipeikko, Mar 15, 2016.

1. DemonKinggender: ⚧ Arcane

DemonKing
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I liked 3 better than 2 - more variety to the missions and gameplay. 2 had lots of epic levels and beautiful graphics but 3 occasionally made you react with haste rather than giving you the opportunity to plan everything to perfection which I liked.

ST Is very well done for a small team - the character models are ordinary albeit serviceable but the background graphic style and execution is well done.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. rado907gender: ⚧ Learned

rado907
    Parrots:
    Normal difficulty & rig is decent. Quickloads weren't instantaneous but were quick enough not to grate. The initial level loads were slow, though.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Goralgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    Parrots:
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    ja pierdole panie :prosper:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. MediantSamuelgender: ⚧ Erudite Patron

MediantSamuel
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but it looks like when you use shadow mode and throw vanishing powder onto a fire or a brazier, said fire or brazier goes out.

Doesn't seem to work without shadow mode. Bug, I guess?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    http://www.pcgamer.com/shadow-tactics-review/

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    I finally sat down to check out the behind the scenes artbook that shipped with me boxed edition, there are some interesting early enemy concepts that never made it into the game. This includes guards with flamers, "elite bowmen", falconers, horse archers, kendo elite guards and sumo wrestlers.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Goralgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    Parrots:
    A strange choice for an opponent, not including them was the right choice if you ask me. Sumo wrestler vs. a guy with a sword, I wonder who would win?

The rest seems plausible and could be added in DLCs or a sequel. BTW, one of the designers said on Steam forums that he read this thread and will take into consideration our observations/remarks.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    Those are civilians, I think, not enemies, cuz they are on the same page as various civilian designs. I'd say the flamer dudes (and also some weird mecha-crossbow guards) were a good choice not to include, cuz they look sort of tarded. Otoh, I'd really like to see the falconers in.

There's also an interesting "boss enemy" concept there, some sort of blind high priestess with extra sharp hearing.

... there are also sketches for an "evil shogun moon base" level with laser turrets and drones. I can only assume this was some sort of in-joke or easter egg :M

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    That's great! Too bad none of this made it into game #1, but it's encouraging to know they had plenty more ideas. Bodes well for a sequel!

^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

:dance:

I think it's safe to say I've squeezed the last juices from this game.

• Salute Salute x 9
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Archibaldgender: ⚧ Arcane

Archibald
    Parrots:
    Did you overall impression of the game changed after all this squeezing?

^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    Nope. Itz still fukken great, would definitely play more if I could :dance:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  15. Corporate_Jew_Mastergender: ⚧ Arcane

Corporate_Jew_Master
    Parrots:
  16. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    Some of those badges were a real fucking bitch to get though. Highlights:

- Masaru kidnapping without climbing ladders or using hookshots. That one took me a RIDICULOUS amount of time and effort, because there are plenty of guards placed on inconvenient elevations and a number of samurai that block chokepoints. It gets even better with the "don't extinguish any torches" badge, because it also means you can't kill any guards that carry them, unless you use the pistols (which you shouldn't).

- Kage-sama's camp and "don't step in puddles" + "hide all bodies" + "don't choose Mugen". This wasn't any challenge at all, but fuck me, was it A FUCKING CHORE. There are no bushes on the map, so the only places where you can hide bodies are houses and wells in the centre, around Kage-sama's tent. This means you have to carry some of the shits across half the fucking map. The safest and easiest way leads through an area with a shitton of puddles and very narrow wooden walkways, so you have to keep sending your bodycarriers ahead with waypoints. And no Mugen means you have to make-do with Hayato, Yuki and Aiko to carry like 20 of them around... Seriously, fuck this map, it's the worst one in the game in all possible aspects.

- Suganuma village's "don't climb" + "(effectively) don't use Mugen" was also a bit of a bitch, but here it was more of a proper challenge than a chore.

- Speedrun in snow-town where you gotta steal the documents from the official. Most speedruns I managed to do on 1st or 2nd try (barring restarts within 2-3 first minutes when something went wrong), with a few minutes to spare still, but this shit, Jesus Christ. It took me many tries, and when I finally succeeded, I had like 20 seconds to spare.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. adddeedgender: ⚧ Liturgist Possibly Retarded

adddeed
    Parrots:
    Impressive.

^ Top  
  18. Corporate_Jew_Mastergender: ⚧ Arcane

Corporate_Jew_Master
    Parrots:
    I remember finishing some of those missions then seeing the conditions for the badges and being like, what the hell man, how the fuck am I supposed to do that shit?

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Did you remap the key to select him? Going for an hour or two pressing 1, 2, 4 but never ever touching 3 by accident seems harder than most of the challenges on there :)

^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    Nope. Only selected him once by accident on the whole, I think.

^ Top  
  21. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    But you still got the badge? Confused

^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Darth Roxorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis, Hater of Eternity

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    Select by accident -> reload -> don't select again.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. DemonKinggender: ⚧ Arcane

DemonKing
    Parrots:
    I finished this off last week - thoroughly impressive effort. I would have liked to see more than 3 different enemy types but otherwise a lot of fun. It did a good job introducing new gameplay variations almost up till the end. It was very hard but the moment you crack what seems like an impossible nut make the head-scratching and reload fest beforehand worthwhile. The quicksave system was great too.

Will buy a sequel/expansion.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Make America Great Again deuxherogender: ⚧ Arcane

deuxhero
    Parrots:
    They can't even fucking spell.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)