Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - the final chapter from Eidos Montreal

A horse of course

"B-but Lara wasn't realistic in the old games! She has to be a flat dumpy dyke!"
RH6ybrM.jpg

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
the new footage looks great. they're putting in a city hub and shit, full of npcs. they improved the graphics a lil bit. Colors look bright and stuff. the crypts look shadowy and proper. I'm kind of hyped.

Egosphere

Arcane
Are all of the acrobatic moves now contextual? Press B for dive lmao. It's R1 + Square + Up you plonkers.

Anyways, I hope they leave it up to you to decide the fate of everyone in that village, just like the monastery in 2. ( we all know that won't happen )
Level design looks ok, although it's ridden with the control pop-ups on every corner. And that voice-over about the opening gate after you pull the lever is just.. :(

Looks like a standard '9/10' nu-age 3rd person action game. Expect a lot of gushing about 'depth of character' and other such nonsense from the usual reviewers.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i agree that it is still the same kind of bastardized "QTE"-ish game play that EIDOS has standardized for AAA games, a demonic hybrid of button prompts and linear navigation. That ship set sail long ago.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I enjoyed the 2 previous TR games more than I expected so I'm also pretty hyped for this, I went to look at the listing on steam though, and it's another game with multiple versions and shit, so looks like another game I'll buy a year after release in order to get the whole game at a reasonable price

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
The series stopped being relevant to me when the main character of these games were exploration, dangerous traps and puzzle-solving with a nice bum centered on the screen. Now it's a fetish about Lara herself and her pitiful self-doubts with some tombs placed somewhere as an afterthought.

That being said, as an Uncharted clone the series is adequate enough.

mastroego

Arcane
Will Lara have to learn how to use her tools and make special moves all over again?
Gaming logic.

Still, it looks nice I guess, will grab it but definitely not on day one.

Repressed Homosexual
I walk in front of the Eidos Montreal office sometimes when I am in Montreal. The area it is in is shockful of disgusting degenerate people who smoke smelly pot.

It's enough for me to know and to state that they will never, ever make anything that is any good.

I heard it was full of gay people too.

No, that's the gay village, which is eastward.

Their studios are just a few blocks away from McGill University.

I was also surprised at how small they are. I am puzzled at how they can have huge teams making AAA games in there. In my opinion most of the staff is outsourced.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man, graphics have reached diminishing returns a long time ago. It just doesn't impress anymore. I don't even think the biggest popamolers on console even care that much.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I don't think people care because the graphics are fucking shit. Crysis 1 from 10 years ago could beat this easily.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom