Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow of the Eternals (Eternal Darkness successor) - Morgoth is very angry

almondblight

Arcane
Hmm...I'd rather someone competent went ahead and finished the PSX Too Human. Not that that's ever going to happen.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Denis Dyack (Founder of SK, Creative Director and self-ascribed "benevolent dictator") is almost single-handedly responsible for Too Human and X-Men Destiny to be so shitty, to lose the court battle with Epic Games and getting the entire company shut down.

The only two good games they ever released (Eternal Darkness, MGS Twin Snakes) can only be attributed due to Nintendo's rigor and that "Nintendo quality seal". In other words, Nintendo made Dyack do things their way, not his.

If he is on board of Shadow of the Eternals, I'm not gonna pledge. Period. That guy is a maniac.
How can he still find a job after all those failures?This industry is really filled with stupid fucktards who doesn't have any idea about how to make a good game.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Wow this looks great. Apparently in the 1st episode or prequel you play a young lesbian handmaiden who is in love with her mistress, unknowing that the mistress is a serial killer of young lesbians and has killed 400 of them!!

Only problem is you play multiple characters, some set in present day. I don't get how they will explain everyone able to do magic and shit...or maybe only some pcs will be able to do magic?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow this looks great. Apparently in the 1st episode or prequel you play a young lesbian handmaiden who is in love with her mistress, unknowing that the mistress is a serial killer of young lesbians and has killed 400 of them!!
Where would she find so many? Is she cruising medieval dyke bars?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
has this been posted yet ?

9 Minutes of Shadow of the Eternals

looks pretty good ! (well apart from Bathory's haircut which looks ridiculous.)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I just got around to reading more about this. Their croudfunding campaign, through their site, looks pretty shady.

I guess the Canadian government doesn't want to fund any more of their games.

Fuck, I really wanted this sequel.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Is it supposed to be survival horror or what? Those environments were neat but it was almost too fantastical. The way he explained that they were going to have lava levels, jungle levels, and so on, because the crytek engine gave them the power was kind of worrying...are they doing all that stuff because such levels are required for the story they want to tell, or just because it looks neat...I mean how many games have now done the level dissolving or breaking up into pieces seamlessly to form a new environment - that alone isn't going to make this game stand out. That enemy design was also very uninspired.

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Those environments were neat but it was almost too fantastical. The way he explained that they were going to have lava levels, jungle levels, and so on, because the crytek engine gave them the power was kind of worrying...are they doing all that stuff because such levels are required for the story they want to tell, or just because it looks neat...
Hint: Going by past experience he's lying through his teeth - you'll maybe see a potted orchid somewhere, tops.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Too Human was ridiculous, he don't even adress the fact that they have a train wreck of a track record and developer hubris. They should be worried to explain how is going to be different this time. Most people are going to think: "Hey that guy in the video is the same guy involved in Too Human, hell no..." . It is really hard to trust the good sense of a guy that thinks that a horror title exclusive to Game Cube is going to reach 1.5 million on crownd funding on his web site, especialy with Too Human as legacy. He should start with something like:" I'm sorry for that colossal piece of shit called Too Human, this time I have learned my lesson and is going to be different for X, Y and Z reasons." . He can get 1.5 million dollars but not with this attitude that nothing happened of bad in the last years. His disaster of a track record is the big elephant in the room and he should deal with it instead of trying to ignore it.

Why didn't they started doing a Blood Omen spiritual successor with the same top down camera, similar gameplay and same strong gothic feeling that they could do with a fraction of the money they are asking for this game? This could be their next project after proving that they can deliver.There are alot of butthurt Blood Omen/Legacy of Kain fans like me that are drooling for a grimdark gothic vampire action adventure/RPG.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Wait, what did I miss? Why do people think this is shady when he actually has a gameplay video? Also, the fact that he worked on Blood Omen should be solid enough cred.

What's this all about?

evdk

Patron
Wait, what did I miss? Why do people think this is shady when he actually has a gameplay video? Also, the fact that he worked on Blood Omen should be solid enough cred.

What's this all about?
Because his recent history is full of empty promises, publisher scamming and outright failures. Not to mention that a large part of the talent that created the first LoK and ED games is long since gone. Dude's a lying asshole and f the testimonies of former employees are to be believed he does not have anything beyond that short church demo.

Kirtai

Augur
Is this guy trying to transform into one of the eldritch abominations from ED by amassing sufficient sleezyness?

It's so depressing that so many good IPs are held by incompetents or people who just don't care.

Fuck you chrome, eldritch is so a word.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Dyack looks like a duchebag, but even this short demo is much more than most kickstarters have offered so far and let's not forget the journalistic asskissing some of our favorite --or not so favorite-- developers have received without even having a comprehensive design document at their hands. It's the fact that they ask for money with no promises whatsoever, that makes this seem shady. And of course his recent fuckups.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Dyack looks like a duchebag, but even this short demo is much more than most kickstarters have offered so far and let's not forget the journalistic asskissing some of our favorite --or not so favorite-- developers have received without even having a comprehensive design document at their hands. It's the fact that they ask for money with no promises whatsoever, that makes this seem shady. And of course his recent fuckups.

Well, I believe, from what I've read, that the only reason they have that demo is because they diverted funds meant for that X-Men game they were working on.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

Well, I believe, from what I've read, that the only reason they have that demo is because they diverted funds meant for that X-Men game they were working on.
That has literally been their design strategy ever since they cut ties with Nintendo: Get a project, divert the funds from it in order to design their Eternal Darkness 2 demo, then move on to the next publisher when that project is naturally cancelled. As much as I hate Activision, I've got to give them my thanks for finally putting a foot down to their bullshit and demanding that they deliver the product they were promising.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Prediction: They won't reach their goal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom