Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sexually Suggestive Dialogue Removed from Devil May Cry Definitive Edition

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
During a early cut-scene, main antagonist Mundus is outlining his nefarious plans with his demon mistress Lilith. In the original game, the scene plays out like this.

Mundus: "Soon I will own everything worth owning. I will control the world through debt. I have absolute power."

Lilith: "The world is at last your bitch. As am I. Nothing left but to grab it by the hair, bend it over over, and f..."

:lol:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/se...d-for-dmc-devil/1100-6425799/?ftag=YHR28b9ce3

A horse of course

DEATH TO AMERICA

THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR

Tameem thread

VKRydti.jpg

uED5HSY.jpg

b8TUEWB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Thread title fooled me into thinking this was about the classic and not the garbage nobody cares about, what a relief.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
It was a really fucking terrible line, probably one of the worst in the game next to BIGGER DICK, FUCK YOU, and SQUIRREL SEMEN.

pippin

It was a really fucking terrible line, probably one of the worst in the game next to BIGGER DICK, FUCK YOU, and SQUIRREL SEMEN.

If we're going to censor bad lines in games, then we wouldn't have stories in games :lol:
That one sounds a little "loud", but this and other examples like the Witcher really indicate how none of the people offended by this has actually had any kind of sex.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Thread title fooled me into thinking this was about the classic and not the garbage nobody cares about, what a relief.
The "classic" DMC1 is a terrible game with really, really bad camera and clunky controls.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The "classic" DMC1 is a terrible game with really, really bad camera and clunky controls.
My memory's hazy but I don't recall any controls-issues whatsoever.

Yeah, the camera could be annoying in places, and it was bad whenever it diverged from core gameplay (e.g. the fps sections).

Tehdagah

Arcane
Dante was a slug in DMC1. It was ok when the game was released, but it aged terribly.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dante was a slug in DMC1. It was ok when the game was released, but it aged terribly.

Just fired it up on the emulator now. Yeah he's slow, but the game controls fine. It's the camera that gets me, really.

Overall, I don't think it's terrible. At least not yet. The gameplay is really solid and smooth, when the camera isn't trying to kill you.

Black

Arcane
This will surely redeem the game. Because sexual triggers are what pissed off its fans.

Chamezero

This shit is the metalcore of videogames. Kill it with fire.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It is possible this was removed due to SJW pandering, but on the other hand, it's pretty undeniable that removing the line does actually make the scene a bit better. The line was just cringeworthy regardless.

I think a more likely explanation is regret really. The person who wrote this is ashamed whenever he sees the scene, but realizes they can't fundamentally change the story in this remaster, but he can still try to alter it in some way to make it ever so slightly more palatable.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah, I find this more of a George Lucas-esque revisionist attitude than SJW censorship. Both of them are bad, just for different reasons.

RPGMaster

Savant
It is possible this was removed due to SJW pandering, but on the other hand, it's pretty undeniable that removing the line does actually make the scene a bit better. The line was just cringeworthy regardless.

I think a more likely explanation is regret really. The person who wrote this is ashamed whenever he sees the scene, but realizes they can't fundamentally change the story in this remaster, but he can still try to alter it in some way to make it ever so slightly more palatable.

If they were doing it for SWJ pandering they would have surely removed the part where the main female character says she was raped repeatedly but it was ok because her mind wasn't there.

DEATH TO AMERICA

THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR

Tameem thread

Isn't Tameem and the rest of Ninja Theory all British?

If they somehow ever manage to emigrate to the Land of the Free then I give you permission to nuke us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom