Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Seven: The Days Long Gone - Thief-inspired isometric action-RPG from former CD Projekt devs

Zenith

Arbiter
OK, from the video, does this seem unplayable to anyone else or is it just me?
Not even talking about relative-to-fixed-camera platforming on M&Kb, but the fact that half the geometry keeps popping in and out of existence.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
OK, from the video, does this seem unplayable to anyone else or is it just me?
Not even talking about relative-to-fixed-camera platforming on M&Kb, but the fact that half the geometry keeps popping in and out of existence.

It will probably control fine but environment awareness will be very low cause the POV is retarded.

Yeah, I agree with you.

Heretic

Cipher
I have to be frank: I like the game on paper, but those trailers didn't look very appealing. The zoom is too high, there is too much going on, the dis-/appearing of ceilings and roofs is confusing.

I'll definitely wait for reviews and some sale.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It's OUT!

So, who is taking a bullet for the team? Anyone?
I would try the "free" version but new season of Path of Exile is about to start.. :D
..maybe I can fit it somewhere in the next few days.

PrettyDeadman

So far reviews are overwhelmingly negative and overwhelmingly in russian language.

Krzysiek

Learned
Wccftech 8/10
Seven: The Days Long Gone is a deep sandbox isometric RPG whose focus on stealth and impressive world design is guaranteed to suck you in. You’ll just need to be willing to put up with some rather frustrating user interface issues.

Pros
Great stealth platforming gameplay
Gorgeous tiered world design
Tons of content

Cons
Poor user interface
Combat is a bit clumsy
https://wccftech.com/review/seven-the-days-long-gone-take-it-all/

Gamestar 84/100
http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/seven-the-days-long-gone-thief-von-oben,3322962.html

More reviews should be at 15:00 CET.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have been watching a guy play in on twitch. It is definitely more stealth and less action focused.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Edgelord review on Steam (not mine):

It looks so great and I was hyped so much but it's just plain bad.

Pro's:
- graphics & art is top notch
- runs smooth even in 4k on ultra settings
- haven't encountered any bugs
- music is good enough
- ghost is cool, and his voiceover is well done

Con's:
- clunky gameplay
- bad UI
- bad AI
- bad combat
- bad stealth mechanics
- main hero's voiceover
- dialogues
- patrolling guards are running instead of walking
- even if they are walking they move extremely fast
- no vision cones
- loads of pointless junk to steal

I love Shadow Tactics and Thief series and isometric rpg's but this game gets a thumb down from me.

Sounds pretty bad.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I can confirm by watching the stream UI is made for controllers and playing without one will make gameplay seem more clunky.
Combat is not bad, just hard. Game was made for stealth, not killing everyone you run into.
Not sure what is bad about stealth, you got most things you expect from it (including pickpocketing people to take their keys of their houses). Game also has a day/night system.
Patrolling guards start running when they are alerted from what I have seen. There is a lot of junk to steal but that is not a bad thing, that makes it so you need to learn what it worth stealing and what is not. I guess that guy wanted a brainless game.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Problem for me seems to be that I still can't tell what this game is. It looks like an isometric action RPG, but then the camera seems just a bit off, stealth is featured prominently, etc.

I'll need to hear some first hand testimonials first.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
Been playing this for about six hours and I don't even know where to begin with this one.
It's fun, but I hate it.
Stealth is too finicky to be relied upon, disguises don't work sometimes and I have no idea why, sometimes enemies see me when I'm above them and I have no idea why, in order to see sight cones you have to hold down a button which slows down time then aim your mouse over the specific enemy whose sight you want to see, rather than just seeing an aggregate of all enemies on screen, you can barely carry all the items you have to (especially if you're into changing disguises) and valuable crafting items are listed as junk, but you don't know which ones are valuable until you find blueprints meaning you may have disassembled a valuable/rare item without even knowing it, upgrading crafting stations seems needlessly grindy, especially since the fast travel is heavily guarded making it hard to get anywhere early in the game.
Combat is stupid sometimes, if you're up against more than one guy, you're pretty much stunlocked until you die (unless they're dumb creatures or you get lucky), if you're only up against one enemy then you stunlock them to death, although sometimes even that isn't reliable, I managed to stunlock several enemies up against walls but they managed to dodge an attack every now and then, dumb ass invincibility frames from dodge. Controls for combat on kb+m are pretty shitty too, alt to dodge and middle mouse button to swap between weapons/items/skills on a fucking console wheel menu.

Oh yeah, and stealth kills aren't one hit kills on Magi, even if you have a good polymer sword, making stealth the de-facto only way of progressing in the early game unless you're fucking godly at combat and use a bunch of consumables, because anything that isn't a stealth kill warns everyone in a 50 mile radius. Also, one time I was trespassing, got attacked by a mercenary (after I had stopped trespassing), and all the Magi started attacking me even though I hadn't done anything wrong by them. Come on.

Anyways, I need a leather stripe to upgrade my armor to increase inventory capacity (I'm sick of being slowed or outright paralyzed due to encumberance) but I can't find one anywhere in the starting city so I'm taking a long fucking break and doing some meditation or something. Might go back to Shadow Tactics and reassure myself that I can actually do stealth when the mechanics are clear/not buggy and I'm not just going fucking insane.
Not surprising those Polish potatoes had a release-day embargo, this game lacks polish and it shows.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
For those who love Simulation A.I/Mechanics you'll be pleased.

EC5wscB.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Been playing this for about six hours and I don't even know where to begin with this one.
It's fun, but I hate it.
Stealth is too finicky to be relied upon, disguises don't work sometimes and I have no idea why, sometimes enemies see me when I'm above them and I have no idea why, in order to see sight cones you have to hold down a button which slows down time then aim your mouse over the specific enemy whose sight you want to see, rather than just seeing an aggregate of all enemies on screen, you can barely carry all the items you have to (especially if you're into changing disguises) and valuable crafting items are listed as junk, but you don't know which ones are valuable until you find blueprints meaning you may have disassembled a valuable/rare item without even knowing it, upgrading crafting stations seems needlessly grindy, especially since the fast travel is heavily guarded making it hard to get anywhere early in the game.
Combat is stupid sometimes, if you're up against more than one guy, you're pretty much stunlocked until you die (unless they're dumb creatures or you get lucky), if you're only up against one enemy then you stunlock them to death, although sometimes even that isn't reliable, I managed to stunlock several enemies up against walls but they managed to dodge an attack every now and then, dumb ass invincibility frames from dodge. Controls for combat on kb+m are pretty shitty too, alt to dodge and middle mouse button to swap between weapons/items/skills on a fucking console wheel menu.

Oh yeah, and stealth kills aren't one hit kills on Magi, even if you have a good polymer sword, making stealth the de-facto only way of progressing in the early game unless you're fucking godly at combat and use a bunch of consumables, because anything that isn't a stealth kill warns everyone in a 50 mile radius. Also, one time I was trespassing, got attacked by a mercenary (after I had stopped trespassing), and all the Magi started attacking me even though I hadn't done anything wrong by them. Come on.

Anyways, I need a leather stripe to upgrade my armor to increase inventory capacity (I'm sick of being slowed or outright paralyzed due to encumberance) but I can't find one anywhere in the starting city so I'm taking a long fucking break and doing some meditation or something. Might go back to Shadow Tactics and reassure myself that I can actually do stealth when the mechanics are clear/not buggy and I'm not just going fucking insane.
Not surprising those Polish potatoes had a release-day embargo, this game lacks polish and it shows.
I noticed attacks cause stuns but you can jump out of them. And don't fight two enemies at same time, try to tunnel them. As I said earlier, game is not designed so you kill everyone mindlessly.

Krzysiek

Learned
Press seem to be rather pleased. Right now Metascore is 80/100. Better then Elex :P

PC Gamer 81/100

There are rough edges, then. Some big ones. Yet Seven is still an impressive game, even for a standout year that’s been full of them. And it’s been a bit of a surprise, coming out at the tail end of the 2017 like a dark horse. There’s nothing else quite like it, but it still feels a little familiar, drawing as it does so many classic stealth and RPG romps. It’s like a missing link between immersive sims like Deus Ex and RPGs like Ultima 7 or Divinity: Original Sin 2—weird and liberating and driven by players' whims. A patch or two wouldn’t go amiss, but the pleasures of this unusual game easily outweigh the inconveniences.

http://www.pcgamer.com/seven-days-long-gone-review/

MMORPG.com 7.8/10

Seven: The Days Long Gone is a game that tries to fit a lot of ideas into it. For a first time indie studio It feels like a lot of these ideas have been developed well. However with some clunky combat and stealth mechanics as well as the frame drop issue Seven would benefit from some more time in testing. This being said it is shaping up to be an incredibly immersive iso-RPG that offers some unique approaches to handling the genre.

https://www.mmorpg.com/columns/seven-the-days-long-gone-review-immersive-and-mysterious-1000012292

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom