Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter campaign to launch on March 11th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Seven Dragon Saga; Tactical Simulations Interactive

Well, it didn't take long to figure out why Matt Barton suddenly decided to go back to his interview with Dave Shelley. TSI just sent this out to the subscribers of their mailing list:

Gold Box fans rejoice! TSI is launching our Kickstarter this Wednesday, March 11th. Show your support for our exciting single player RPG: Seven Dragon Saga.

We’re back from GDC and happy to share details about what we’ve been working on.

In case you missed the announcement, GamesBeat did a terrific article on our “Gateway” initiative for transferring characters across games beginning with support from inXile and HareBrained Schemes. Read more about it here: http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/02/ex-ssi-gold-box-devs-go-back-to-the-future-with-tools-to-transfer-characters-across-role-playing-games/

SSI alumni and Gold Box veterans David Shelley and Paul Murray, along with the rest of the TSI team are proud to bring you an exciting new challenge. Whether you remember playing Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Wizard’s Crown or simply enjoy a quality RPG with tactical combat Seven Dragon Saga is for YOU!

But this can only happen with your help. As an indie studio, we are looking to our fans to fund a significant portion of the development through our upcoming Kickstarter campaign, which begins on March 11th. We aren’t shy about our ambitions to make a great game, but that takes additional resources and effort.

Beyond funding, we are inviting you in on the making of Seven Dragon Saga. Increasingly fan feedback has been integral to the creative process that gives rise to innovative games. We hope you’ll assist us in this adventure!”

We hope you will help spread the word and show your support when our campaign goes live this Wednesday at 10AM PDT.

Sincerely,
The TSI Team
Back-to-back Kickstarters! This should be interesting. Well, as long as they don't change their minds again.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bad call. Too close to the other two* RPG Kickstarters.

Hope they do well though!

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I just really hope they did their homework. Really looking forward to this. This should be MASSIVE INCLINE.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Their PR department is something different. No kickstarter, yes kickstarter, no kickstarer, kickstarter already started (jk), kickstarter in incoming with 1 day warning. But still, cautiously :bounce: for this. Hopefully they'll have something awesome to show.

Not really happy with the lack of communication regarding the details of their own ruleset they decided to use for the game but I am cautiously optimistic despite the heavy reliance on marketing methodologies (we do romances too!) for their previous press releases to garner attention.
I think I'll wait until the very end to see further communications from them, especially about the nitty gritty details of their game before deciding whether to back.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not like I planned to get a kitchen for my new flat anytime soon anyways.
So... When's the Codex Fundraiser gonna be? :obviously:

Dorateen

Arcane
It's time for Dorateen to activate full fanboy mode. :) Hopefully it will be worthy.

I'm actually rather pragmatic about their prospects. Still not convinced they will connect with the kickstarter crowd, beyond the veteran gamers who remember them fondly. Would like TSI to succeed on the merits of their project, but I know it comes down to their pitch and how much they can razzle dazzle the audience.

I'll do what I can, but I view this campaign akin to an uphill battle, with the Dwarves facing annihilation, yet trudging onward regardless as a matter of pride.

For what it's worth, I asked this question over on TSI's forums:

Some people are drawn in by a confident and solid pitch, others are drawn in by awesome presentation and artwork, but there are also people who would love to hear about the game design and mechanics. I was wondering, are there plans to share detailed examples and descriptions of mechanics and gameplay during the kickstarter?

Will be a while before they respond, timezones and all.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Oh, and if the pitch isn't underscored with:

I'll be very disappoint :rpgcodex:
It's 09:40 here. What the fuck are they waiting for.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom