Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Seven Dragon Saga - Gold Box spiritual successor from SSI veterans

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I'm surprised that so many codexer get excited by pretty average concept/promo art.

The real game could look like that shitty Ultima remake thingy for all we know.

People are excited by their own imaginings at this point. I have this sort of excitement for different projects with little to go on.

Underworld Ascension
TToN
Lords of Xulima
KoTC2

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Female-half-elf-300x300.png
shade-elf-300x300.png

These two images, a Half-elf and a Shade Elf, have no class in its file name. I think left is a Wraith Hunter and right is an Archer.
Right, their file name have no class, but still nothing about their specialization

Luzur

Good Sir
This press release happened recently, for those of you who didn't know:

Introducing TSI – Tactical Simulations Interactive

New independent video games studio formed by SSI alumni, aiming to bring back the “Gold Box” RPG experience for a new generation.

August 8, 2014 - Los Angeles, USA /… Tactical Simulations Interactive (TSI), a new independent video games studio with old school RPG sensibilities, has been established by Strategic Simulations Inc. veterans Paul Murray and David Shelley, and company President David Klein.

Drawing on their experience at SSI, the team at TSI aims to provide the next step in meaningful player experiences in the same way that SSI's ‘Gold Box’ titles did during the 1980s and 1990s.

David Shelley takes on the role of Producer/Lead Designer, while Paul Murray serves as Technical Designer at TSI. The team was integral to the international success of Strategic Simulations Inc.’s genre-defining RPGs, such as Curse of the Azure Bonds, Pool of Radiance, and Wizard's Crown.

David Shelley, Producer/Lead Designer, TSI said: “Tactical Simulations Interactive is a return to providing the player
full control of their party, with a focus on creating immersive and unforgettable story experiences, exciting exploration, meaningfulsocial/political choices, and robust tactical combat.”

The Gold Box series of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons RPGs were produced by SSI between 1988 and 1993 using the same game engine, provided a quality game experience that was “true to tabletop” and allowed players to create, customize and control a full party with tactical combat. They earned the Gold Box moniker because of the gold boxes that they camepackaged in, with the series also acting as a precursor to RPG classics like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment and Neverwinter Nights.

Tactical Simulations Interactive will reveal more details about its debut title in the near future. To keep updated, visit:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TSIGames
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/TSIGames

David Klein
President
TSI

C-can it b-be? If this is is a hoax or turns out they will make modern shit facebook games im gonna find them one by one and kill them and their families with the sword i just got.

mastroego

Arcane

mastroego

Arcane
...btw, this makes me even more nostalgic (than usual) of the time I used to have a Pen&Paper group.
Sucks to grow old

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Indeed rings in D&D could be extremely powerful: Regeneration, Free Action, you name it...
Does it really matter if she wears it on a toe? :)
Also sexier to some

Perhaps female characters will have the advantage of having an "extra item slot" for clit rings. A female Half-Elf warrior wielding a Clit Ring of Storm Giant Strength could be very formidable against a pack of orcs.

mastroego

Arcane
Thanks Bro!
Always wondered when something like that would show up... but I thought it'd be some years from now still.
I might really give that one some thought, if I can fit in my life schedule and everything!
Wonder how many Italians will be there.
My spoken English is... well, "worse" than my written English

Alchemist

Arcane
...btw, this makes me even more nostalgic (than usual) of the time I used to have a Pen&Paper group.
Sucks to grow old
Don't let your age limit your PnP gaming. I'll be rolling dice til the day they roll my corpse from the "old folks" home.
I understand about finding time though - it can be tricky. Heard good things about roll20 by the way.

buzz

Arcane
I don't care about the concept art, and I'm a little disheartened to see a list of kewl original races and six types of elves.
I agree. It's not a giant problem or anything, but I always get a little annoyed when I see elf, dwarf, human, goblin and then sgyasfa and asgasgogoo races :lol:. Especially since most of the time the unique races are gimmicky, like anthropomorphic animals or humans of other skin color. Like Dralik in this case, she's just african-styled human than another fantasy race altogether.

mastroego

Arcane
Sucks to grow old
Don't let your age limit your PnP gaming. I'll be rolling dice til the day they roll my corpse from the "old folks" home.
I understand about finding time though - it can be tricky. Heard good things about roll20 by the way.

It was never about aging so much as "living".
The group scattered and the conditions to play with other people never arose again.
I myself changed habits while thinking PnP was always going to be a thing of the past.
Years go by and one day you're 38.

But guys, you may have triggered something here.
This looks viable.
I might just be able to do this - by rescheduling some and sacrificing some things (like, well, uninspired, "balanced" video games that fail to recapture the glory of the past).

Ok, sorry for the OT, but this might be a HUGE thing.
thanks again :)

Last edited:

Alchemist

Arcane
Glad to hear that mastroego ! Also you might want to look at this site: http://nearbygamers.com/
It's for finding fellow tabletop gamers in "real life" and getting groups together. I haven't used it but I heard some people find it useful.

I found a PnP group a few years ago on Meetup.com - and it has worked out well. I'm 40, one guy is 42 and another guy is even older. So there's a fair amount of people this age still gaming. Good luck on getting something together online or otherwise!

(sorry for adding to the thread derail... not much to discuss about SDS yet anyway - and it is related to PnP gaming tangentially)

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gotta say, I liked that banner art at first - nice and schlocky. Looking at it a little more, I'm seeing enough kewl spikes on that guy to be annoyed.

Again though, I don't care about the art. Actually I should completely ignore this project until the game comes out or at least until we see some actual game design elements.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
It's happening! Only 2 days left on the timer at the time of this writing. And then, no doubt, the timer will start up again! Who needs Grimoire when we have official SSI-knockoff vaporware to talk about? Wheeeeeeee....should be a fun ride.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's happening! Only 2 days left on the timer at the time of this writing. And then, no doubt, the timer will start up again! Who needs Grimoire when we have official SSI-knockoff vaporware to talk about? Wheeeeeeee....should be a fun ride.

Well, at least TSI has only been trolling us for two weeks, and not two decades like Cleve. Lol

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
There are plenty of people on their Facebook page talking about it and a few other forums I frequent. I'm sure that word will get around once things get going. Sometimes these things start slowly. At the moment, they have nothing but an announcement anyway, so there's not a lot to get too excited about until we know more. Once we start seeing something, word will start to spread.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
[ However, outside of the Codex is this getting any buildup coverage/ hype? If not I don't see it being too terribly successful... :(

Well...

"No results found for "seven dragon saga" site:gog.com."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom