Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Seven Dragon Saga - Gold Box spiritual successor from SSI veterans

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
None of us have any fucking clue what this is going to be. For all we know it is about SPACE RACCOON'S THAT SHOOT LAZAR BEAMS FROM THEIR EYES.
Eh, unless they changed their minds halfway through the countdown or they're simply just trolling us with the websites and shit, it's most likely something Seven Dragon Saga related.

Exactly. The current site is about their Pen and Paper game. But is the GAME set in the current setting? Past? Future? A moon near by with SPACE RACCOON'S THAT SHOOT LAZAR BEAMS FROM THEIR FUCKING EYES? Who the fuck knows.

Do you know something for certain I don't?

buzz

Arcane
I know this
Seven Dragon Saga allows the player to create and customize a full party of adventurers and maneuver them in detailed, turn-based tactical combat. You won’t find any rat-hunting farmers here- characters begin with a suite of talents. Rather, the characters are ‘Touched by the winds of chaos’, and destined for great successes or spectacular demises.

Explore a rich world, uncover lost treasures, deal with challenging social and political situations. The player’s choices alter the world in meaningful ways, both physically and socially. Sent by the Empire of the Seven Dragons to the minor Kingdom of Afelon, the party must uncover who is driving the land to civil war and whether that conspiracy might pose a threat to the Empire at large. What mysteries lie in the surrounding, monster-infested peaks? Who is worthy of trust and who only of death?

Pledge Your Support
Help us make the best game possible. The funding we receive will enable us to bring more polished features to you. Coming for Windows, OS X, and Linux.
You could've knew it too if you read the website :troll:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I understand the point you're trying to make, but you're terrible at making it. And you're wrong. Ask the Eagles how getting together again after 20+ years worked out for them (spoiler: "Long Road Out of Eden" was the #1 album on release and went 7x platinum). And there are definitely authors who, if they went back to writing after 20 years, would probably sell extremely well.

Hahaha no. Exception that proves the rule.

Eagles, a band that has sold over 150 million records. AD&D Gold Box games, which have sold less than a million copies over twenty years ago. And this is not a "a new game in AD&D Gold Box game series". There is no brand recognition to take advantage of. You can namedrop, but essentially you are selling something completely new.

Sure, a good salesman can sell anything... But I love the fact that no-one seems to be interested in about whether those guys can actually deliver a good game. If you paid attention, I wasn't talking about a retired sportsman's ability sell tickets for the next competition... I was talking about his ability to break his old records.

mastroego

Arcane
Ok, so I see "SSI veterans" and I enter the thread.
Then I read "wuxia".
So I go searching wtf "wuxia" means.

Still I'm not sure what it means exactly, but I'm starting to feel like it was best to leave the thread unmolested...

EDIT: that dwarf pic doesn't look too bad, actually

Last edited:

buzz

Arcane
Still I'm not sure what it means exactly, but I'm starting to feel like it was best to leave the thread unmolested...
Never saw one those chinese martial arts movies where people jump high in the air and do cool-ass fighting?

Last edited:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
So I go searching wtf "wuxia" means.

Still I'm not sure what it means exactly
It's a genre of Chinese literature and film that usually takes place between the 14th and 17th centuries (the dating may be wrong). It focuses on the exploits of martial artists, usually in an over-the-top manner. Think westerns.

It's been popular in China/Hong Kong for decades. Relatively recent examples that are more well-known in the west are Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero. and The Forbidden Kingdom.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
SPACE RACCOON'S THAT SHOOT LAZAR BEAMS FROM THEIR EYES.
SPACE RACCOON'S THAT SHOOT LAZAR BEAMS FROM THEIR FUCKING EYES?
Do you know something for certain I don't?

Jaesun, I'm starting to think that YOU have some inside info here..... ;)

Magellan

Augur
Chaps, there's more up there now!

shade-elf.png

kralik-pitfighter.png

imperial-wraith-hunter.png

Magellan

Augur
Damn! I really like that art. Setting looks really cool. It seems almost middle-eastern...ish?

I really like it too. It's not over the top (no enormous weapons, etc.), and generally kinda feels like a modern take on classic RPG art.

Jaesun, it definitely has a touch of Middle Eastern mixed with the Asian vibe, but still feels kinda Euro fantasy too. A nice, subtle balance!

I'm so relieved that my initial fears of this being very Jade Empire-ish have been put to rest. :)

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I still want to hear what their plans are, but overall it's some nice looking artwork. That doesn't always translate into a great game, though. But, I got faith they'll pull it together.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom