Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Seven Dragon Saga - Gold Box spiritual successor from SSI veterans

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, what? Isn't Shannow talking about Seven Dragon Saga? Who said anything about SCL?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wait, what? Isn't Shannow talking about Seven Dragon Saga? Who said anything about SCL?

:lol:

<---- idiot

I thought we were in the SCL thread :oops:

But, well, the part about needing a reason to be optimistic about something also applies here. Do we know anything about this game at all except that it's announced, is turn-based and is fantasy?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Only in broad strokes. We don't even know if they have a development team other than Shelley and Brors.

It's unclear if the project is in some kind of underground development mode, or if they're just spending a lot of time to create a prototype for Kickstarter like the Underworld Ascendant guys did.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm skeptical about this because of the many ways they keep mismanaging their announcements, and the outright-plagiarism of Obsidian's rules for their forum.

Blackguard

Learned
I'm skeptical about this because of the many ways they keep mismanaging their announcements, and the outright-plagiarism of Obsidian's rules for their forum.

Are you seriously complaining about someone plagiarizing forum rules?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Anyone here use to transfer characters between the Wizardry, Bards Tale and Ultima games?
I never did, but I did with the Gold Box games, and in more recent years Wiz 1-3 and Wiz 6-7. BT2 was more fun if you started with new characters.

Shannow

Waster of Time
What concerns do you have exactly?

Inb4 Shannow trashes me for being butthurt about the game by responding to your question (since I already answered it twice in the thread)...
Bro, I'd never thrash you. Though I'd like to point out that you started the whole "butthurt"-namecalling ;)
BTW: Were you already confused about the thread when you posted this?:
This is the project I have the highest hopes for.

I think you're wrong but I hope you're right.

But, well, the part about needing a reason to be optimistic about something also applies here. Do we know anything about this game at all except that it's announced, is turn-based and is fantasy?
We also know SSI/Gold Box veterans and this: http://www.tsi-games.com/in-the-news/
Definately not much, but not nothing.
If you prefer staying pessimistic... well, then do so ;)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Were you already confused about the thread when you posted this?

yep, full-on retard homes.

I'm always pessimistic until I have a reason not to be. Otherwise I'd get hopeful everytime someone said RPG in a press release.

Shannow

Waster of Time
You thought I'd call some shitty RTwP NWN-wannabee made by Bioware lay-offs with major focus on DLC and Steam, the project I have the highest hopes for?
You finally managed to hurt me. That was low :negative:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
well what can I say

when I'm in retard-mode the douchebag-toggle is set to 'On' by default

Dorateen

Arcane
Anyone here use to transfer characters between the Wizardry, Bards Tale and Ultima games?

The nearest I can relate to is importing the party from Wizardry 7 to Wizardry 8.

Yes, it's within the same series, but the games were released ten years apart and the sequel did use a different engine including some mechanics changes. But to have that end game save file from CotDS on a 3.5 floppy and be able to bring those characters over to complete the saga... that was the most awesome thing ever in cRPGs.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Are you seriously complaining about someone plagiarizing forum rules?
Yup, especially the lazy way they did it. http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ctive-ssi-veterans.93471/page-23#post-3467705 http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ctive-ssi-veterans.93471/page-23#post-3467765

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Any word about release date? Im waiting for this one like crazy.

I don't think there has been anything more exact than this:

You've said that you want to see Seven Dragon Saga in the first quarter of 2016. Do you think that's enough time to create a complex RPG – one like Seven Dragon Saga?

We don't have a hard deadline we have to hit. [...] What everybody really wants is to ship a game when it is ready.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Will wait then i ve started my crpg journey with games from these guys many years ago, its great they are still kicking.

By the way, Electronic Arts could finish that damn Lord of the rings vol 3 ;).

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gold Box fans rejoice! TSI is launching our Kickstarter this Wednesday, March 11th. Show your support for our exciting single player RPG: Seven Dragon Saga

a05625e5-6218-4d49-ad3b-a5ddb6756e49.jpg
We're back from GDC and happy to share details about what we've been working on.

In case you missed the announcement, GamesBeat did a terrific article on our “Gateway” initiative for transferring characters across games beginning with support from inXile and HareBrained Schemes. Read more about it here:http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/02/e...ransfer-characters-across-role-playing-games/

SSI alumni and Gold Box veterans David Shelley and Paul Murray, along with the rest of the TSI team are proud to bring you an exciting new challenge. Whether you remember playing Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Wizard's Crown or simply enjoy a quality RPG with tactical combat Seven Dragon Saga is for YOU!

But this can only happen with your help. As an indie studio, we are looking to our fans to fund a significant portion of the development through our upcoming Kickstarter campaign, which begins on March 11th. We aren't shy about our ambitions to make a great game, but that takes additional resources and effort.

Beyond funding, we are inviting you in on the making of Seven Dragon Saga. Increasingly fan feedback has been integral to the creative process that gives rise to innovative games. We hope you'll assist us in this adventure!"

We hope you will help spread the word and show your support when our campaign goes live this Wednesday at 10AM PDT.

Sincerely,
The TSI Team

Copyright © 2015 Tactical Simulations Interactive, All rights reserved.

Let's see how Zynga this campaign gets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom