Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Seven Dragon Saga - Gold Box spiritual successor from SSI veterans

"SHOCKING! Roguey bashing a non Sawyer project. SHOCKING!"

I wanted them to manage this well and blow Pierre Begue out of the water, but it's not happening. Just one mishap after another.

Yeah, not to cross-post from the news thread, but I tend to agree.

I hate it when I agree with Roguey.

It makes me feel dirty.

Dorateen

Arcane
This just posted on the TSI forums:

Part of why you HAVEN’T seen TSI pushing for more awareness is that we’re going into the holiday season which is the busiest time of year for games and we wanted to let Wasteland 2 have it’s time to shine. Having a game with turn based combat get positive reviews and mainstream press hopefully bodes very well for our plans to create a compelling experience with Seven Dragon Saga.

The team has been completely head’s down working away so that we’d have concrete details to share in the near future. Although, we just did a set of interview questions with the guys at RPGCodex so expect that to go live soon. Before long, we will be trying to get the word out there and are counting on all of you- even if you can’t make a pledge, to do your best to help raise awareness and get people excited.

The TSI Team

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Part of why you HAVEN’T seen TSI pushing for more awareness is that we’re going into the holiday season which is the busiest time of year for games and we wanted to let Wasteland 2 have it’s time to shine. Having a game with turn based combat get positive reviews and mainstream press hopefully bodes very well for our plans to create a compelling experience with Seven Dragon Saga.

The team has been completely head’s down working away so that we’d have concrete details to share in the near future. Although, we just did a set of interview questions with the guys at RPGCodex so expect that to go live soon. Before long, we will be trying to get the word out there and are counting on all of you- even if you can’t make a pledge, to do your best to help raise awareness and get people excited.

The TSI Team
Well they'd have to send me the answers if they want it to go live anytime soon :D

Shadorwun: Hong Kong

The TSI Team

You beat me to it. :)

I asked them the question....

Looking forward to the Codex Q&A.

Alchemist

Arcane

Part of why you HAVEN’T seen TSI pushing for more awareness is that we’re going into the holiday season which is the busiest time of year for games ...
That's an important point if they plan to launch a Kickstarter. They should either do it very soon or wait til the new year, because Kickstarters don't do well once the holiday gift-buying rush (and sales everywhere) is on.

The TSI Team

Good to hear.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Part of why you HAVEN’T seen TSI pushing for more awareness is that we’re going into the holiday season which is the busiest time of year for games ...
That's an important point if they plan to launch a Kickstarter. They should either do it very soon or wait til the new year, because Kickstarters don't do well once the holiday gift-buying rush (and sales everywhere) is on.

Agreed. They may have done their KS homework after all.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
They are probably either negotiating bringing-in new talent or starting to work with some publisher.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah. I'd assume some Publisher approached them. Perhaps then they will then do some licensed game (hopefully D&D, BETTER: Pathfinder) and then do their own setting. I would love to play a new turn based D&D (or other PnP setting) game.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
If it were a licensed game, I'd say "Exciting new developments for TSI" would be a better description than "Exciting new developments for Seven Dragon Saga."

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'd assume the licensed game would also be using the Seven Dragon Saga engine. Of which would mean more dev time on the engine, and not needing funding via kickstarter.

This seems a little worrisome. and possibly indicative of some serious setbacks. I trust the old SSI crew to make a fun game, but I'm no so sanguine about the business/management end.

It's completely concievable to me that, upon witnessing the indie-RPG renaissance currently emerging, they decided to get the old band back together a la the Blues Brothers...only to find that doing so would be a real ordeal. I hope it works out for them, but I hoped projects like The Broken Hourglass or Cyclopean would work out too...sometimes good people with good ideas can't MAEK IT.

Sinatar

Arbiter
They're just being smart, launching a major kickstarter in the holiday season is suicide.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
TSI Games have retweeted procrastinator's "Better Call Swen!" picture. What if their new partner is Larian? :o

Yeah, I know they probably just retweeted that as a show of support for turn-based RPGs.

garren

Arcane
Patron
8fc47e57da13b3cdb9443d6714c79d3c2270640a6290c8938ead73c1cd99b8b3.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
oH8d9WT.png

Well, while I think that would be cool, they have retweeted many things (mainly from other PC developers.)

Themadcow

Augur
Yeah, so no news on this for.... a very long time.

Nothing at all as far as I can see since they mentioned the 2015 Kickstarter back in October. For a sequel to one of the most fondly remembered and successful CRPG series of all time I'm suprised there isn't the odd bit of info trickling out.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, hopefully not another Chaos Chronicles in the making.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom