Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Seven Dragon Saga - Gold Box spiritual successor from SSI veterans

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It could be that nobody cared. Getting publicity can be hard if you're perceived as a "nobody".

FWIW, Kotaku UK is a separate site from Kotaku and not owned by Gawker Media.

Just a quick question, did Codex offer to give them an interview?
That should be nice if so.
I mean given that a lot of people here have fond memories of gold box games.

We did, but we wanted to wait until we knew more about the game before actually doing it. Maybe we've passed that threshold by now, maybe we haven't. That's Zed's decision.
We're definitely doing an interview, yeah.
Since they've now revealed that there won't be any crowdfunding (and probably not a lot of "early concept" stuff being shown publicly), I'm thinking we might as well do it sooner rather than later.

If you guys have any questions you'd like to ask them, go ahead and post them here.

Weasel
"You've confirmed that you won't be using crowdfunding for 7DS, can you provide us with details on any publisher backing for the project? Will the budget be similar to other recent RPGs such as WL2 and D:OS? Without any kickstarter obligations will you still be offering DRM-free options like GOG or will a publisher insist on DRM-only distribution?"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They've talked about a bunch of recent RPGs, but one game that they haven't mentioned is Blackguards. You should ask them if they've checked that out, since it sounds like what they're making might be reminiscent of that in some respects.

;

Educated
Any collaborations with other devs? Licensed techs (other than unity)?
Size of current team?

m_s0

Arcane
Since the official site did point to Kickstarter pre-grand 'opening,' I gather the decision to not go the crowdfunding route is a relatively recent development. What's the reasoning behind this change of plan? Will this affect the game or the design philosophy in any way?

Is there a publisher attached? If so, who might that be?
When are they going to finish fixing that (still) borked piece of artwork on their website? :M

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I don't know if these have been answered in any of the interviews so far - if so, I've not noticed - but I would be interested to know how many PCs I can have in my party, and if there are any NPCs (perhaps for hire?) to complement that number.

Also, how many towns/villages/somesuch are there in the map? And how detailed are they - (m)any CotAB style menu towns?

bussinrounds

Augur
I guess since it's so early, general stuff about the setting, how the systems/mechanics work in it.

They did say that they've had this setting of they're own up for awhile now, right ?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I guess since it's so early, general stuff about the setting, how the systems/mechanics work in it.

They did say that they've had this setting of they're own up for awhile now, right ?
Yes, it's originally a PnP setting (with its own system?) that they've created as I understand it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Alright, I think I almost have too much now. Thanks guys.

Dorateen

Arcane
- but I would be interested to know how many PCs I can have in my party, and if there are any NPCs (perhaps for hire?) to complement that number.

The website talks about "Harness the Power of the Six". I'm taking that as a reference to the size of the party, fully created by the player. The Gold Box games added room for 2 NPC spots, but I got the impression from Shelley's comments they would not be planning on much party-NPC interaction.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The website talks about "Harness the Power of the Six". I'm taking that as a reference to the size of the party, fully created by the player.

D'oh. Don't know how I missed that. Thanks! :salute:

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm a bit surprised they're starting their kickstarter soon. I was expecting more exposure through the channels as well as more info on their game to build some pre-kickstarter hype.

Having said that, if I like what I see, I'll back them as much as I can.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Turning out to be quite the mismanagement disaster. :)

Duraframe300

Arcane
So, initially, as we know, they had references to crowdfunding on their website. Then they removed those references, released the website and stated in an Interview that they decided against Kickstarter.

Now they are doing a Kickstarter again.

:hmmm:

doesn't even begin to express what I'm feeling right now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Laura Bowen credits: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/laura-r-bowen/credits/developerId,33769/

Art/Graphics
Jane's Combat Simulations: U.S. Navy Fighters... (1996)(Graphic Artists)
Road Rash (1995)(Graphics)
Road Rash 3 (1995)(Art)
U.S. Navy Fighters (1994)(Graphics Artists)
Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger (1994)(Graphics)
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands (1993)(Art)
Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed (1992)(Graphics / Artwork)
Death Knights of Krynn (1991)(Graphics / Artwork)
Pools of Darkness (1991)(Artists)
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday (1991)(Lead Artist)
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday (1990)(Artists)
Champions of Krynn (1990)(Artists)
Secret of the Silver Blades (1990)(Graphics / Artwork)

Weasel
So, initially, as we know, they had references to crowdfunding on their website. Then they removed those references, released the website and stated in an Interview that they decided against Kickstarter.

Now they are doing a Kickstarter again.

:hmmm:

doesn't even begin to express what I'm feeling right now.

Now they just need to hire a certain well known 'video game lawyer' to represent them... :cool:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Turning out to be quite the mismanagement disaster."

SHOCKING! Roguey bashing a non Sawyer project. SHOCKING!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"SHOCKING! Roguey bashing a non Sawyer project. SHOCKING!"

I wanted them to manage this well and blow Pierre Begue out of the water, but it's not happening. Just one mishap after another.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom