Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Seven Dragon Saga - Gold Box spiritual successor from SSI veterans

They're obviously desperate to keep Andhaira out:

Furthermore, the use of an alt that is used by more than one member is strictly prohibited. Such accounts will be immediately disabled and all members will be censured accordingly.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's still counting down over here
Shift+refresh.

They're obviously desperate to keep Andhaira out:

Furthermore, the use of an alt that is used by more than one member is strictly prohibited. Such accounts will be immediately disabled and all members will be censured accordingly.
That's also c/ped from Obsidian.

In fact, looking at it further, this is all Obs's with some minor alterations.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Impersonation:
Impersonating another person, such as a celebrity, political figure, user, moderator, company, or TSI Entertainment employee is prohibited.
So they are Tactical Simulations Interactive Entertainment?

Mortmal

Arcane
I love that they *still* haven't fixed the archer art. It's the first thing visitors see.
Especially when the pathfinder art of thunderscape is so good:

image-337254-full.jpg

Seer.jpg

FaerkinEntomancer.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Obsidian has that same rule fyi. Edit: In fact, it looks like they directly copied that line from Obsidian. Hee, these jokers."

Yet, people break or skirt that so called rule all the time. L0L

Also, I sww pics of this game and it looks like it incldues dwarves. if it does, I'm sold. But, not $250 sold because I got hoodwinked into giving up that much for a game that might end up merely being 'playable' ebcause of bullshit trick advertising.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The whole mess with the countdown and the draconian forum rules has really soured this whole thing for me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:lol: Draconian.

Obsidian's forums are far more hands-off than Bioware's or Bethesda's. I think "they copied their guidelines from Obsidian and forgot to remove Entertainment" should be the real mood-killer here.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Neither of those have to do with quality of a game. FFS

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How can I trust them to program a good game if they can't even get a timer and a website right? To quote Gaider, seems awfully fly-by-night.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
:lol: Draconian.

Obsidian's forums are far more hands-off than Bioware's or Bethesda's. I think "they copied their guidelines from Obsidian and forgot to remove Entertainment" should be the real mood-killer here.

Compared to GOG and RPG Codex they are.
I don't visit Bioware or Obsidian's forums, or Bethesda's anymore, though. Do these companies get lawsuits against them if one of their forum members should make fun of their competitors?

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
All the fuckups could just be because they're a small team and one of the old game developers is trying his hand at web development. I'll reserve judgement for now, but they should have hired some young web designer for cheap in order to make a better first impression.

Telengard

Arcane
But, when they go real old school, we have to go real old school too, and judge the quality of an RPG by the quality of the print job of the manual, or the artwork on the box cover, or the detail level of their logo. With a minor nod to the modern day, and add in whether or not their website is pretty. That's traditional.

Gameplay, pssh.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
One definition of "trope" lists it as a "commonly recurring device." I only wish that were true. Wouldn't it be nice if we were buried in great tactical turn-based combat with great story elements and people were bitching because "nobody made real time, romantic sim Anime RPGS anymore?"

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
One definition of "trope" lists it as a "commonly recurring device." I only wish that were true. Wouldn't it be nice if we were buried in great tactical turn-based combat with great story elements and people were bitching because "nobody made real time, romantic sim Anime RPGS anymore?"

That would be CRPG heaven. Oh well, at least we're getting a few good turn based RPGs lately, more than we've gotten in a long while!

Dorateen

Arcane
Better than any bioware stories.

Also, in this day and age, trope has a negative connotation, and is generally used in a disparaging manner. It says more about the author of this article.

mondblut

Arcane
Also, in this day and age, trope has a negative connotation, and is generally used in a disparaging manner. It says more about the author of this article.

Outside of TES and bioshit, she probably only has played jrpgs. Which, for the most part, are technically turn-based. I bet the consoletard press would try to explain this game as "uh, kinda like Final Fantasy xcept not as cute and kawaii" :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom