Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Higher Animal

Arcane
We should consider having a "worst selling RPG of the year" award just to get SitS into a front page article.

Currently outselling both Underrail and Age of Decadence on the hardcore gamer's platform.

Johannes

Arcane
Started a new playthrough, ripping everything up in wolf shape. Hope to discover some shit I must've missed on the first go.

The lack of point to resting is damn jarring still. Would be cool if for example, healing spells, or items too, could only take you to 2/3 max hp for example. And you'd need rest to gain that last bit. Also the HP scaling as you level is quite extreme and unnecessary, if you'd start with 5-10 hp more but would only gain half as much as you currently do as you level, would make the balance curve keep up better.

Also a low-ish cap to how much you can invest to a single spell or combat skill could be good. Maybe max 5 like the aptitudes have. So that you'd have incentive to spread your skills wider, instead of coming up with a plan to dump all your points into the same skills at each levelup.

sstacks

Arcane
FYI Joe and Hannah will be on Shane Plays Feb 27th to talk the SitS expansion and Copper Dreams.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
I'm having a problem with making the two runes on the blood books at Lumen Fortes.
Am I the only one ?
Am I trying to draw the wrong runes (the first one is like a clock)?

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Fuck me indeed. I won't be able to finish this game because of an Etch a sketch useless minigame.

Last edited:

The Fish

Arcane

roshan

Arcane
Fuck me indeed. I won't be able to finish this game because of an Etch a sketch useless minigame.

Rune was bugged for me too. IIRC, the graph shows a rounded one like the top, but what I had to draw was the bottom one:

qot2qv.jpg

Whalenought_Joe

sstacks

Arcane
I was messing around with the book at the beginning of the game and drew an O (for the moon, natch) and it coughed up a vial of blood. Don't know about the other rune and had no clue it was (evidently?) end game stuff.

Jinn

Arcane
Looks like this has more effort than the late indie games put in it, just by the art I want to play it.

You definitely should! It's an excellent game and very well polished for being created by two people. A lot of people around here like to shit on the art, but I found it absolutely beautiful and it's fun to look at in motion.

hell bovine

Arcane
Looks like this has more effort than the late indie games put in it, just by the art I want to play it.
The game has its flaws, but it also has its charms. To be honest, out of all the cRPGs I've tried last year, I liked their world building and story the most.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom