Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Serpent in the Staglands Kickstarter Update #18: Preview trailer and release date

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Serpent in the Staglands; Whalenought Studios

Whalenought Studios published a new Serpent in the Staglands Kickstarter update today to show off the game's awesome new preview trailer. Check it out:

Greetings Spicers!

We’ve put together a preview trailer showcasing some new systems and content. Enjoy!

One location we didn’t feature in the preview trailer was Tratis Saltis, a favorite due to the very different environment it brings. The area’s subsurface is an expanse of hot springs like veins breathing heat from depths below, and it gives some variety to the usually snow blasted peninsula. The persistently wet ground has made the few surviving settlers here build above surface level upon giant trees and mushrooms, and you wade through a dangerous bog below to traverse the district. Vol is an "eye ball" planet, and in the perpetually cold regions like the Staglands heated places like these are hard to come by and usually cherished for what vegetation and life they provide. Regrettably for these settlers, some of that is quite dangerous.

We'll be showing this location off in a future update more in-depth!

The update also has some information about the fulfillment of the game's physical rewards and a preview of some of its character portraits. But the most important part the reader has to discover for himself. See that code at the end of the trailer? That translates to "Coming May 28 2015".

bonescraper

i-came-pope.jpg

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Nice way to announce the release date, I didn't catch it at first time

agris

Arcane
Patron
I can't wait for my leatherbound journal, sealed with wax.

$$$

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now that is how you do a trailer and sell your game! That has got me excited! The trailer is showing off it's combat, journaling, overland map, inventory and the list goes on and on of actually showing what's in their game! Bravo Whalenought_Joe

:bravo:

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Any game that has "as you say strumpet" as a dialogue choice can't be bad.

My kickstarted/worthy indie schedule for the year so far looks like, POE, then this, then AOD (hopefully Thursday in July) then Underrail.
Also in there somewhere is darkest dungeon, Hyper light drifter and Cosmic star Heroine.

What a sick lineup.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Grimoire and Serpent in The Staglands released on the same month? It'll be like oldskool gamer rapture: all faithful descent into their shady basements to worship their glowing monitors, only casualtards remain behind to witness the wrath of The Golden Baby.

It's coming... and it's going to be epic.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Grimoire and Serpent in The Staglands released on the same month? It'll be like oldskool gamer rapture: all faithful descent into their shady basements to worship their glowing monitors, only casualtards remain behind to witness the wrath of The Golden Baby.

It's coming... and it's going to be epic.
Wait, Serpent in the Staglands isn't getting released?!

torpid

Liturgist
The trailer even shows an encounter with a "possessed child" enemy at 0:34, which means we can kill children -- the most fundamental characteristic of a hardcore RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom