Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

tred

Augur
any good soul willing to share a spare key with a poor codexian brother?

Johannes

Arcane
Is it just my impression that foxes are tougher than settlers in this game? Is there a way to check stats of units, even with a skill or smth.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is it just my impression that foxes are tougher than settlers in this game? Is there a way to check stats of units, even with a skill or smth.
Skinny, hungry, disease ridden settlers vs. foxes, I place my money on the foxes.:lol:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Playing the demo, and what I'm really missing is able to switch between characters by pressing on a hotkey. Like in IE games or in an RTS (after you'd assigned the groups there first). 1-5 or f1-f5, most likely. In IE games iirc, also the numbers after 6 (the last party member there) had uses, like 7 to select everyone, 8 to select partymembers 1-3, 9 for 4-6, or so.

Really hampering the sleekness of the gameplay to have to use the mouse to select characters.

Another, smaller UI quirk: when saving a game, the naming of the save should take input without requiring to click on the text box with mouse first.

Whalenought_Joe
I also noticed that. Also you cannot easily distribute loot from quick loot screen to specific characters. You have to click on another character first and then on loot you want to go to that character.

Also when inventory is open you can look at one type of items in it or another type but not both at same time.

Also the screens that have text descriptions for skills and such are way too small. I can only read about 4-5 lines of text before I need to scroll the text. Too much scrolling.

likaq

Arcane
My prediction:
Within 24 hours there will be butthurt about price on steam forum.
At least 2 threads.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You are not supposed to play it in full screen right? Having a hard time reading the text. What is the ideal resolution if anyone know?

PeachPlumage

Cipher
You are not supposed to play it in full screen right? Having a hard time reading the text. What is the ideal resolution if anyone know?

Not sure if it matters as the game scales to what ever the resolution is; at least to my knowledge anyway.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Wanted to play the demo.

Clicked New Game. Got this:

4e070a9e35381614037c449479502371.png

Wtf?

Fry

Arcane
Meaning... it's in your account on the site or you got an email?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Whoo - I have game! No email, I just checked my account... :cool:

Now I'll just add it to the end of my backlog so I should get to play it some time next year.

Edit: It uses Mono (linux version)??! I am appalled. :obviously:

Fry

Arcane
I'm a late Paypal backer. No account until they send an email with login details, and no email yet.

Sad times.

Jinn

Arcane
Still no sign of it on my SitS account page. Am I missing something, or just one of the last to be manually updated?

m_s0

Arcane
It just appeared on the account. No e-mails as of yet.

Speaking of which, try contacting them about it. I used Paypal as well and they set me up with an account immediately after they got the money. I did buy the game while we were exchanging e-mails so that probably sped things up a bit.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Try contacting them about it.
Just remember that they have over 1,000 backers and they're setting everyone up by hand.

Honestly, I bet if we just wait 6 hours we'll all get our keys and everything will be fine. Sending them impatient emails right now isn't going to help.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I have no account on the website, got my key personally via email.

So far I'm p. impressed, though there are some quirks that need fixing. Like why "Carrion God" option appears twice on the char creation?

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Wanted to play the demo.

Clicked New Game. Got this:

4e070a9e35381614037c449479502371.png

Wtf?

Bester - If you haven't bought the game then I am willing to give you my copy. Major props to you and your wife on the work with the I.E mod. I can't pm you atm due to my account still pending approval herp derp! ^__^ *I played the demo and I don't think the game is for me so I would rather give it away to someone that will probably enjoy it.

Mortmal

Arcane
Try contacting them about it.
Just remember that they have over 1,000 backers and they're setting everyone up by hand. Honestly, I bet if we just wait 6 hours we'll all get our email keys and everything will be fine. Sending them impatient emails right now isn't going to help.

Preorder was available on steam since weeks now, couldn't they send some keys before the 28 ? Why wait the very last day and email everyone manually like in medieval times...I like oldschool but not that oldschool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom