Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

da_rays

Augur
Can't really agree about the UI, hotkeys for different things are glaringly lacking, a lot of simple tasks are doable only by mouse.
Horrible news :negative:

Yeah , it's clearly not optimal , but pretty playable Took me a good 20-25 minutes to get to know how the UI work , what actions are linked with the kb and such, Once i've setup my abilities/spells on the quick slot and got used to the KB quick key , managing fights is a bit less tiresome. Aside from character selection which is done only by mouse ( someone correct me if im wrong ) the rest is flowing quite nicely. Maybe i wont say that mid-late game tho....time will tell...but for now : acceptable.

Character selection with CTRL+number , and it would be heaven

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
New kickstarter update

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/serpent-in-the-staglands/posts/1246624

Post Launch Housekeeping!

Greetings again everyone!

Wanted to get out a brief followup to the launch earlier today or yesterday:

Distribution
We wanted to let you all know you should have received your game and handbook (if applicable) either through Kickstarter message, or one of our two emails. Apparently we overloaded our main one by sending package contents that we got blocked out, so if you got an email from team.whalenoughtstudios@gmail.com, that's us as well and you have a key in there! (This also means our emails down temporarily)

We've gotten a lot of emails from folks over the course of the day wanting to switch distributors or questions about your purchase, and we promise we'll be getting back to you as soon as we can!

Iele-hot Patch!
We've had some reports of a few issues we wanted to get out of the way immediately that slipped into the final build, so we have a quick patch coming out soon that will address:

• Using the Aptitude-quickbook cursor and clicking away/on the ground, character could no longer move
  • Fixed starting cinematic issues
  • monsters commanded with Nobility could turn invisible if too far away
We'll have an patch following this that will address:

• typos in dialogues/menus
  • some NPC portraits had a few old images
  • other bugs we've seen reported on the forums
After that we should be on schedule to patching any UI feedback and our continued balance patches, along with anything else that comes up.

We'll set up a dedicated place for patch logs on our site, but will continue to update them on the forums as we did with the Beta for the time being. Our DRM-Free copies of the game and GOG will use the version checker book at start-up, and Steam will use their normal patching to receive these (or the book if you're offline, that can be interchangeable).

Thanks again for your patience throughout the day everyone, and with these early issues. And thank you everyone who's given us feedback and/or told us they've enjoyed the game that we haven't had a chance to get back to — that's been really wonderful to hear as we are trying to get things squared away.

Cheers!

roshan

Arcane

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Whalenought_Joe Honestly, a couple weeks of Steam Early Access could have done you good.

I thought they'd done a old fashioned beta already, some of these sound like should've been picked up in that.

Well, the fourth answer being identical to the first thing wasn't in the beta. Wonder how something like that creeps back in.
Is there an actual fourth option? Or is it only three? I think I'll wait a few days for a patch before really playing.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Whalenought_Joe Honestly, a couple weeks of Steam Early Access could have done you good.

I thought they'd done a old fashioned beta already, some of these sound like should've been picked up in that.

Well, the fourth answer being identical to the first thing wasn't in the beta. Wonder how something like that creeps back in.
Is there an actual fourth option? Or is it only three? I think I'll wait a few days for a patch before really playing.
Yeah there should be four. Carrion God, Earth God, Spring God and Fire I think.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
r764Uqs.jpg

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Wonder how something like that creeps back in.

In my experience with the Pillars of Eternity press version and the release version, the press version was less buggy. It's probably caused by errors made during that last minute rush to release the game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I was going to wait to buy it until they patch it but GoG has 10% off if you buy in within 24h (now near its end I think). Hopefully the first patch is out today so I can play it when I get back from work.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Absence of quest log and map note taking are taking a toll on my patience, but enjoying it nonetheless... tho i think im going to shelve this until a couple of patches in.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Absence of quest log and map note taking are taking a toll on my patience, but enjoying it nonetheless... tho i think im going to shelve this until a couple of patches in.
There will be Red Maps DLC that will give you this for 10$.

soulburner

Cipher
Based on my initial 40 minutes with the game... I really like it. Didn't do any quests or combat yet, just exploring the initial area, talking, reading, etc. The overall feel of the game is amazing, the graphics look great and I am very happy to find the pixelated fonts are easy to read. I can't wait to start a longer session. No quest log will probably be a bit of a burden, but I've got my pen and paper ready to take analog notes :D

MTwolves

Educated
I think it's pretty funny that Codexers complain about a game not being hard enough or hardcore enough, and then when a real game comes out, posts start coming out about there not being in-game quest markers.

Do you guys want this to be Skyrim?!

How can people complain about a game not being hard enough or oldschool enough and then when a decent, good game comes out, immediately start complaining about it not being mainstream enough?

SITS is the kind of RPG we should be supporting. It's creative, it's difficult, it has an intriguing story.

roshan

Arcane
I think it's pretty funny that Codexers complain about a game not being hard enough or hardcore enough, and then when a real game comes out, posts start coming out about there not being in-game quest markers.

Do you guys want this to be Skyrim?!

How can people complain about a game not being hard enough or oldschool enough and then when a decent, good game comes out, immediately start complaining about it not being mainstream enough?

SITS is the kind of RPG we should be supporting. It's creative, it's difficult, it has an intriguing story.

Most Codexers today are... retarded. This isn't the forym it used to be. Every popamole game that has been released has brought a wave of "settlers" to these foryms, at this point the Codex is just about as casual as any other site out there. For fuck's sake, there's a forym specifically dedicated to Twitcher discussion. Even Darth Roxor's POE review seemed to have received a better reception in the Obsidian forums than over here. Every inclined game recently has met with Codexers whining about what to a hardcore RPGer should be a highlight of the game. In LOX, Codexers were complaining about multiple options for dealing with traps and locks. In Banner Saga, they were complaining that your choices could have actual consequences (rather than "all choices lead to positive outcomes" like in most other RPGs). Not only that, popamole Codexers didn't even realize that the combat system was meant to simulate board game play, and were stupidly wasting time trying to exploit the turn order rather than killing off their enemies.

To be honest, I was really surprised that no one here even complained about the quest handholding in PoE - even the most absolutely minor thing you do leads to those small quest update things popping up. It was really annoying, and very obvious how casual-oriented the quest grinding system was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom