Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope the full version is less buggy than demo. I put a point in Nobility, then I clicked on quick select and on Nobility and randomly somewhere. After that my characters got stuck and could not move anymore or do anything.

I might wait for Enhanced Editions if the release will also have lots of bugs :D

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Preorder was available on steam since weeks now, couldn't they send some keys before the 28 ? Why wait the very last day and email everyone manually like in medieval times...I like oldschool but not that oldschool.
Because it's two people making a game and they didn't plan their launch perfectly.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Preorder was available on steam since weeks now, couldn't they send some keys before the 28 ? Why wait the very last day and email everyone manually like in medieval times...I like oldschool but not that oldschool.

Dude, just chill one more day.

m_s0

Arcane
Meaning... it's in your account on the site or you got an email?
Try contacting them about it.
Just remember that they have over 1,000 backers and they're setting everyone up by hand.

Honestly, I bet if we just wait 6 hours we'll all get our keys and everything will be fine. Sending them impatient emails right now isn't going to help.
I got the impression they were setting up the accounts as they were receiving the payments, but if they put all (or most) of that off until now then yeah, you're going to be waiting a bit longer.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Can't play today but quickly tried the demo, but probably need to read the manual to understand how UI works...

Picking up stuff - open inventory - nothing there, not sure where it went.
Look for button of spell/skill book - can't find - open character - open spell book - how to close it again? (to open other skill book?)->have to close character and reopen?
And yeah, description windows are pretty small - either smaller font or more space is required to see it all. Especially as there is enough space, the modal window of character is just to small.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Can't play today but quickly tried the demo, but probably need to read the manual to understand how UI works...

Picking up stuff - open inventory - nothing there, not sure where it went.
Look for button of spell/skill book - can't find - open character - open spell book - how to close it again? (to open other skill book?)->have to close character and reopen?
And yeah, description windows are pretty small - either smaller font or more space is required to see it all. Especially as there is enough space, the modal window of character is just to small.
This is what I was talking about. When you open inventory, there are two buttons on the right. Each of them filter out a certain type of items and you cannot have them both ON to show all items you have. It means each time you open inventory you will need to click on one and then other to check out what you have now. Also the buttons don't have tooltips.

The game has huge potential but has UI problems that are just irritating.

The Fish

Arcane

There's a back button, an arrow pointing leftward, on the top left of the window.

Gozma

Arcane
I got this with zero prepurchase research in a fit of Darklands based optimism and it's pretty much a Baldur's Gate game. I was expecting to hold my nose through RTw/P but it's got fog of war mouseploration (with a tiny circle of fog of war clearing... ehhhhhh) and barrel looting and all that shit too, caveat emptor

Give me menutowns anyday

ArchAngel

Arcane
Can anyone explain to me why the game has things like 5d1 instead of +5 or 5.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So the UI is clunky as all hell . Looking at the Steam screenshots right now, the font seems drastically oversized in some places.

How is combat?

GrainWetski

Arcane
Am I the only one getting this bug right at the beginning? Was the same in the demo so probably related to some settings on my Windows if nobody else is.

4Egs91L.png

Gozma

Arcane
I got that, I assumed it was drawing from a "bag of options" and I happened to draw the same one twice, but it was the exact same ones so I guess not

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meaning... it's in your account on the site or you got an email?
Try contacting them about it.
Just remember that they have over 1,000 backers and they're setting everyone up by hand. Honestly, I bet if we just wait 6 hours we'll all get our keys and everything will be fine. Sending them impatient emails right now isn't going to help.
I got the impression they were setting up the accounts as they were receiving the payments, but if they put all (or most) of that off until now then yeah, you're going to be waiting a bit longer.
I got my key in the mail just now. They are sending these out as we speak.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
erm, so it's on steam but i'm still waiting for a key. Any ETA?

MTwolves

Educated
Yep, got that too.
Assuming it is a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Am I the only one getting this bug right at the beginning? Was the same in the demo so probably related to some settings on my Windows if nobody else is.

4Egs91L.png

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom