Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think would be wise for anyone that is going to do the review to do a quick replay of the game after all those patches, there was serious shit that was fixed and balance changes. Actually, I think the release version was the beta version and we are the beta testers because no way 2 guys would manage to playtest the whole game.

Latro

Arcane
a positive review from the autistic is worth 10000x more reviews than a review from some bought english major

well, when it comes to actual quality, not sales :(

Ninjerk

Arcane
Are the Rheamus Farms still in the same location as in the beta? Back then they were near the starting areas. Can't find them now ,though.
South from Lumen Forten. Hug the east coast. While I've got you here:
What the hell is Rheamus Farms for? I found it just by wandering and don't remember finding any obvious quest crumbs. Also, do you know where Fuldea Mare Consil is?

I think I figured it out.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only thing that pisses me off about this game is that it asks for too much computer resources for the graphics and resolution it has. I tried to run it on my older laptop (dual core with crappy Ati card) but it runs very slow.
This computer can run BG1EE and BG2EE very well as well as Open Xcom and KotC. :(

polo

Magister
The Beta ran much smoother in my work PC, final release consumes a LOT more RAM.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Probably need to optimize their hit frame code. Pillars of Eternity had the same issue, actually with lag on hit frames.

Whalenought_Joe if you do intend to optimize stuff like that, I can decompile the relevant methods from the PE code for reference if you like

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Downloadable Manual now available!

page1.jpg

We finished up converting the online manual to pdf format you can download, and have that available on our site below its digital self:

http://serpentinthestaglands.com/manual

GOG users: you can also grab it from the game package when they put it up on there.

We'll update this with any relevant changes to UI if needed, but specifically update it again when the expansion is released, as that will have some additional mechanics and adventuring information.

Also, for those that missed it, the previous update 8 change log is here:

http://serpentinthestaglands.com/community/forums/topic/update-8/

Cheers!

agris

Arcane
Patron
I don't see the manual in my GOG library. Could someone host the pdf of it?

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Only thing that pisses me off about this game is that it asks for too much computer resources for the graphics and resolution it has. I tried to run it on my older laptop (dual core with crappy Ati card) but it runs very slow.
This computer can run BG1EE and BG2EE very well as well as Open Xcom and KotC. :(
Fucking this. What really gets my goat is how so many of these indie devs go for the "retro" style and feel of the graphics, and yet almost always utterly fail to optimize their game so it actually runs well on an older PC.
Also, the load times are atrocious, on par with PoE - and the worse (still) part is, like many others these days, the game doesn't load when it's minimized! :argh: You actually have to have look at the loading screen in order for it to load. What a load of crap. Reminds me of back when I played Arcanum back in the early 2000s and always went to get tea whenever the game was loading a save. I'm at the part where I'm dying to wolves constantly and it takes AGES to reload.
Shit like this seriously spoils what is otherwise a quite enjoyable game :negative:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Everything to do with loading is obscene at this point in time.

agris

Arcane
Patron
[...]and the worse (still) part is, like many others these days, the game doesn't load when it's minimized! :argh: You actually have to have look at the loading screen in order for it to load. What a load of crap. Reminds me of back when I played Arcanum back in the early 2000s and always went to get tea whenever the game was loading a save. I'm at the part where I'm dying to wolves constantly and it takes AGES to reload.
To be fair, blame people who still have < 4 gb of ram. Joe mentioned in some patch notes that they were going to enable the game running when out of focus. It never happened and when I asked him about it, he said they easily could implement it but it kept causing people to get out of memory errors.

There are still people playing on machines with 2 gb of ram for fucks sake!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The loading times about tripled for me between beta and release, not sure what happened there.

roshan

Arcane
To be fair, blame people who still have < 4 gb of ram. Joe mentioned in some patch notes that they were going to enable the game running when out of focus. It never happened and when I asked him about it, he said they easily could implement it but it kept causing people to get out of memory errors.

There are still people playing on machines with 2 gb of ram for fucks sake!

Hmmm. Well, why don't they just make it a toggleable option??? Whalenought_Joe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom