Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I can spoil it for you, if you want to know:
You literally cast a spell at it. Reading spell descriptions, should become obvious which one.

Johannes

Arcane
Consult your journal. The physical one.

Erlein’s Handbook.

I kid you not.
Handbook that's exclusively available for only those who bought it from Whalenought site, it seems...
Call the 1-900 number :^)
No idea what that means

Would've bought it from their site originally, too, but went for GOG since that made it possible to download the version for whatever OS I may want in the future.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No idea what that means

Would've bought it from their site originally, too, but went for GOG since that made it possible to download the version for whatever OS I may want in the future.
In the old games companies would put nearly impossible to solve puzzles in their games and you'd have to call their support line for like $2/min or something to get the answer.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No idea what that means

In the old games companies would put nearly impossible to solve puzzles in their games and you'd have to call their support line for like $2/min or something to get the answer.
Sounds like something EA would have started.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They all did it, I think Sierra was probably most well known for it actually. Or maybe the text adventure companies (which were even harder) like Infocom.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Who wants a GOG key to SitS? I'll choose the most able-minded of you and PM it.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Any chance you'd play it within the month? I'd like to give it to someone who will provide Whalenought with feedback right now. This is a crucial time to help them balance and bug fix the game since they're patching it frequently.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any chance you'd play it within the month? I'd like to give it to someone who will provide Whalenought with feedback right now. This is a crucial time to help them balance and bug fix the game since they're patching it frequently.
I would play it tomorrow. What I have played this month: Dragon Age: Inquisition. I mean, not getting the game is fair punishment. Or you could look at it this way: You will save me.

I could give you a Torment key in return when it releases. I'll be getting a few of those.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I would play it tomorrow. What I have played this month: Dragon Age: Inquisition. I mean, not getting the game is fair punishment. Or you could look at it this way: You will save me.

I could give you a Torment key in return when it releases. I'll be getting a few of those.
Thanks, but I've got one. Out of curiosity.. why would you play DA:I with so many good games out?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Thanks, but I've got one. Out of curiosity.. why would you play DA:I with so many good games out?
I just want to beat it and it is one of few PS4 games I currently own and I am a moron for thinking that BioWare would do something good for a change. I'm almost done with it.

I haven't played much on PC after beating Eternity.

Edit. Gotta go to sleep now. Have fun to whomever gets the key!

da_rays

Augur
Is there any patch past version 5? The game updater doesnt seem to work when I launch the game, and its time for a new playthrough~ I feel like i've cheesed myself to lvl 7 and it doesnt feel right. And im sure i've missed a lot of stuff to do around the first part of the game.

and just to give RK47 a warm fuzzy feeling , I'm eating Dixie Lee while testing a few things on my old save. ( IF you didn't google it , Dixie Lee is basically KFC with a ''from Quebec'' tag. Scromptious , and im guessing you would love the poutine im eating too )

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
IF you didn't google it , Dixie Lee is basically KFC
hmm.jpg

:hmmm:

da_rays

Augur
Well you could have gone ''the extra mile'' by adding chicken after Dixie lee on google . Can't believe google 1st bunch of images are the 20ish year old Dixie lee sign. At least the girl look nice from a 70' perspective. And thoses chicken picture doesnt serve them justice , for whatever that sentence is worth.

/endchickenanalysis

On topic: Anyone know where i can recruit a ''decent''spellcaster? I've founded a few of the recruitables characters , but so far i've just stumbled upon warrior type. I know i can still tweak them to become spellcaster eventually , but was just curious if anyone finded someone interesting.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Well you could have gone ''the extra mile'' by adding chicken after Dixie lee on google . Can't believe google 1st bunch of images are the 20ish year old Dixie lee sign. At least the girl look nice from a 70' perspective. And thoses chicken picture doesnt serve them justice , for whatever that sentence is worth.

/endchickenanalysis

On topic: Anyone know where i can recruit a ''decent''spellcaster? I've founded a few of the recruitables characters , but so far i've just stumbled upon warrior type. I know i can still tweak them to become spellcaster eventually , but was just curious if anyone finded someone interesting.
I've used the linguist as a caster.

da_rays

Augur
Yeah same here , but looking for another caster type to join the party. But i think i've found my 2nd caster , no avatar included. might be a bit spoilerish:
You can recruit the gravedigger at night in Lumen Targ, she's named Viorica, and if you can convince her that her boring life as a gravedigger would be better adventuring with you , she join

and 2 more question: 1) Is Foul creep working for you guys? got it to lvl 2 and my god...it suck...maybe it need a bit more lvl...but its hard to proc , akways being evaded
and 2) anyone had trouble patching from 5 to version 6? Update totally crapped out on me and had to re install from version 5. Always did the same that I did with earlier patches...Anywhooo...GOG version 5 --- patch 6 , now all working well.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They all did it, I think Sierra was probably most well known for it actually. Or maybe the text adventure companies (which were even harder) like Infocom.
Hardcore gaming + DLC cheat.
Its time has come again

Only it's not something actually intellectual because puzzles can be looked up in the internet and actual anti-grind cheats require messy memory modification
:negative:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone knowing what wands are good for?
I found a few, but it is not written what they do, just some flavor text.

Another question:
What happens when you use an incantation and multiple enemies with the same name are present?
Are all affected, or just a random one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom