Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Please enlighten me you two hardcore gamers. xdx and aps equals dps. Its all there. You think yo get some coolness bonus if you insist less information is better? Yeah, dumbfuck indeed.

Wulfstand

Prophet
18267948205_e38fc0f3da_b.jpg

Anyone else get this while booting up the game? After patching it the first time this is all I get when I try to reopen the game.

da_rays

Augur
Anyone got themselve a few levels and wanna talk about how they are building their character/party members? I currently have 3 members party , Myself ( Ameythevian Unshaken )
Vilhem
and
Catalina
since i did'nt make any recruitable character and decided to go along with the followers that i will discover. Trying out some kind of fighter build with my main ; +1 dex , +2 str +1 Per , being lvl 2 , Rally lvl 2 , Crit slash lvl 2 , Reckless Off lvl 1 .
Catalina is my 2nd tank/fighter
+1 Per +3 Str , went with shield mastery +2 and War cry +1 and slayer +1. And Finally
Vilhem
is my main ''mage'' , +1 Dex , Per , Int +2 Occ , +1 Blood Cocoon +1 Feverish Haze . Now armed with new/better weapon and armor , tackling bigger beast/number of beast is a lot easier. Using my 2 crossbow before going toes-to-toes , spellcaster is always channeling blood coocon or Fev. haze. Radiant staves and fearful light are nice too . I find myself using them more and more.

Heh, you need to watch out where you save , just jumped back in to find myself surrounded by 5 wolves when i saved in a empty spot , loaded the savegame again and now its all fine ( no ennemies around ) .
Random respawn when reloading area? After loading the game 5 times ; 1 time with 5 wolves , 1 times with 3 crop goblins and 3 times nada. random alright

Mortmal

Arcane
Really how close to darklands is it?

Because this isn't the first time a moron from the administration overhypes a game for us by comparing it to something it isn't.

It takes a lot of things from darklands, the aesthetic, some of the atmosphere a clear 90's rpg feeling . There's no classes and you can build your character the way you want. You travel the same way on the world map and triggers events . Its not monty haul, you don't get good loot often if any at all ,but when you find something good at least its very good.Way better system than the generic poe loot system.

Athelas

Arcane
i did'nt make any recruitable character and decided to go along with the followers that i will discover.
You could do both. The game offers the option to dismiss any avatars you created at the start when you invite a companion in the party (and there's insufficient room).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Any way to make select drag have to click+hold but default action be single click? Its triggering how all of my intended movement commands turn into drag select.

Someone was complaining a while ago that it was impossible to select party members with anything else than mouse click and drag.

In fact, you can shift+click (but only with left shift) portraits to select multiple, or you can click the select all button in the row of buttons that's above portraits. This button's shortcut is "V".
Doesn't really help. The main thing is how the most common action (move) needs double click, while the most uncommon (select multiple) needs click+move (not even click+hold+drag)

Ninjerk

Arcane
Only takes one click to move for me. I feel like I must be misunderstanding the complaint.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Any way to make select drag have to click+hold but default action be single click? Its triggering how all of my intended movement commands turn into drag select.

Someone was complaining a while ago that it was impossible to select party members with anything else than mouse click and drag.

In fact, you can shift+click (but only with left shift) portraits to select multiple, or you can click the select all button in the row of buttons that's above portraits. This button's shortcut is "V".
Doesn't really help. The main thing is how the most common action (move) needs double click, while the most uncommon (select multiple) needs click+move (not even click+hold+drag)
Yep, move is just a left click for me too. How are you running the game, do you have any stuff like slowdowns, are you running in a window, what OS do you use, any anti-virus running?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh it's possibly my computer being pure shit. Or even wine acting up (though i doubt it). Will try the linux version next (i usually download window version even if i'm on linux because i don't trust libraries not to games them on upgrades as i do wine).

edit: and with good reason it seems, since the current patcher doesn't seem to work with linux.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Heh, you need to watch out where you save , just jumped back in to find myself surrounded by 5 wolves when i saved in a empty spot , loaded the savegame again and now its all fine ( no ennemies around ) .
Random respawn when reloading area? After loading the game 5 times ; 1 time with 5 wolves , 1 times with 3 crop goblins and 3 times nada. random alright

Yeah, that might not be the best feature.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have to say the combat is... a pain. I really want to enjoy it, since overall I like it. But the combat. It's confusing and the AI do whatever they want it seems like. Feels alot of extra busy work because of that. And for some reason my potion-throwing guy have stopped attacking, does not matter what weapon I equip him with. The game seems to run well enough, around 90 fps or something, but I'm getting weird stuttering in combat.

da_rays

Augur

da_rays

Augur
i did'nt make any recruitable character and decided to go along with the followers that i will discover.
You could do both. The game offers the option to dismiss any avatars you created at the start when you invite a companion in the party (and there's insufficient room).

Indeed I could , but i guess i'll have to start a new character or i can acces this after starting my main?

Yeah, that might not be the best feature.

Clearly...potentially i could farm goblins/wolves/Fox till im confortable with my money/gear.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Philosophy offers potential exploit to "temporary" party member NPCs, though it requires a relatively rare consumable. And not sure how well/if the late game NPCs scale to your level.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Philosophy offers potential exploit to "temporary" party member NPCs, though it requires a relatively rare consumable. And not sure how well/if the late game NPCs scale to your level.
Just noticed this myself.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Stats don't give huge befits in small numbers. The "exploit" depends on how much stats you get. And nothing prevents you from taking their stats, let them die in next encounter and take another companion.

All Aptitudes give big benefits in the game, I don't see this as much more beneficial than what others give.

EDIT: Also.. Fuck banalce!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Stats don't give huge befits in small numbers. The "exploit" depends on how much stats you get. And nothing prevents you from taking their stats, let them die in next encounter and take another companion.

You can get at least four NPCs in the 'big city', the only problem is that Thieving Imps cost 800... and selling your NPCs to slavery doesn't cover the cost :(

Anyways, has anyone found a peaceful way to get in the Shipping Guild?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm getting used to the combat now, and it's becoming a really enjoyable game. I've found 3 companions, so it's a party of four now, and we are all level two with leather armour.

My main character has harbinger 2 which let's me summon two crop goblins every battle; that means four people in the front line, two people casting blood cocoon in the back. I smash wolves with ease.

Traps are good, too; use the nerd guy who throws the bottles to set bear traps and stuff when you know combat is coming. I also have 2 in philosophy so I am going to try to steal Catalina's intelligence by using the evil thing in the jar.

Game owns, just spend all your money on equipment any prepare well for combat until you reach a higher level/more companions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom