Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
pixels give, but they also take.
wielder be wary, for they are sharp and edged with light.

Ninjerk

Arcane
One of the earliest interactions with a potential party member is to "bind them to your will."

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Anyone else thinks the pixelated fonts are hard to read? Been playing the torrented version a little, while waiting for the key... my reading speed drops down 2-3 times with this font.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I think it's pretty funny that Codexers complain about a game not being hard enough or hardcore enough, and then when a real game comes out, posts start coming out about there not being in-game quest markers.

Do you guys want this to be Skyrim?!

How can people complain about a game not being hard enough or oldschool enough and then when a decent, good game comes out, immediately start complaining about it not being mainstream enough?

SITS is the kind of RPG we should be supporting. It's creative, it's difficult, it has an intriguing story.

Most Codexers today are... retarded. This isn't the forym it used to be. Every popamole game that has been released has brought a wave of "settlers" to these foryms, at this point the Codex is just about as casual as any other site out there. For fuck's sake, there's a forym specifically dedicated to Twitcher discussion. Even Darth Roxor's POE review seemed to have received a better reception in the Obsidian forums than over here. Every inclined game recently has met with Codexers whining about what to a hardcore RPGer should be a highlight of the game. In LOX, Codexers were complaining about multiple options for dealing with traps and locks. In Banner Saga, they were complaining that your choices could have actual consequences (rather than "all choices lead to positive outcomes" like in most other RPGs). Not only that, popamole Codexers didn't even realize that the combat system was meant to simulate board game play, and were stupidly wasting time trying to exploit the turn order rather than killing off their enemies.

To be honest, I was really surprised that no one here even complained about the quest handholding in PoE - even the most absolutely minor thing you do leads to those small quest update things popping up. It was really annoying, and very obvious how casual-oriented the quest grinding system was.

Blame the popamolers within the administration that catered to them by creating additional forums and merged popamole rpg with true rpg.

Athelas

Arcane
Anyone else thinks the pixelated fonts are hard to read? Been playing the torrented version a little, while waiting for the key... my reading speed drops down 2-3 times with this font.
The menu text being contained in those tiny boxes doesn't help either. I don't think you should have to mouse scroll several times to read a two-sentence description of a racial trait.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Really how close to darklands is it?

Because this isn't the first time a moron from the administration overhypes a game for us by comparing it to something it isn't.

catfood

AGAIN
It's a Darklands inspired game. Of course the font is going to be a pain in the ass to read.

potatojohn

Arcane
I get 5 fps in this game on my laptop.

I'm guessing this is made in Unity based on the 'mono' subdirectory?

Raapys

Arcane
I have lots of fps on my 4 year old laptopz.

Loading times are a bit long though.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Any way to make select drag have to click+hold but default action be single click? Its triggering how all of my intended movement commands turn into drag select.

Someone was complaining a while ago that it was impossible to select party members with anything else than mouse click and drag.

In fact, you can shift+click (but only with left shift) portraits to select multiple, or you can click the select all button in the row of buttons that's above portraits. This button's shortcut is "V".

zero29

Arbiter
8 trolls out of 10.

10 out of ten if you make all 3 word blink 1 or 2 times before looping.
here you go

r80fRls.gif

bonus seizure editions
!!!epilepsy warning!!!
2t7bVIf.gif
yhHSxWf.gif

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Whalenought_Joe

A bug with the game forgetting a savegame's name when overwriting. This wasn't mentioned in the official forum.
Normal behavior:
1. Make a savegame and type in a name.
2. Try to overwrite that savegame by saving another on in the same slot.
3. The game suggests a name for the new savegame equal to the previously chosen name.

To reproduce the bug:
1. Make a savegame and type in a name.
2. Move between areas, for example between the temple and courtyard.
3. Try to overwrite that last savegame by saving another on in the same slot.
4. The game offers an empty field for the savegame's name.

Edit: I think this happened once without me having transitioned to another area, so I'm not sure if that's really connected.

Last edited:

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Yikes, even compared to other indie RPGs the day one concurrent players for this thing is bad. Looks like pixel art is a pretty big deterrent when it comes to wrpgs (Pierre Begue could have told them all about it).
I'm sure you also notified people about how much more players Witcher 3 had compared to Pillars, in the name of fairness. 'Tis cause for great concern, how could Sawyer be bested by a group of Polish muhsoggykneists?

Raapys

Arcane
Don't the keybinding stuff work? I tried changing my quicksave key to z and f5, neither worked.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Killed the Possessed Child. Kinda disappointing that it gives less XP than a Wolf. In fact, wolves killed the entire second location...

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This game is a mess. Loading times, even on a SSD, are way to long. Witcher 3 loads faster than this. The UI is really badly designed, taking away a quarter of your screen. Especially on the left side, that combat log could have been integrated better. Item stats are on the bottom of long flavor texts, forcing you to scroll down each time you want to compare items. Mechanics are badly represented as well. 4d4? Why? Are we using dice here? It would have been better to show the DPS of a weapon instead of being oldschool and let the user calculate it. 4d3 AS 4 vs 1d8 AS 2,5. Sure I can calculate. But why have a PC when you don't use it. Armor is even worse. If you attack with 1d24+x, what does an armor of 2 and a DC of -3 do? As far as I can see there is no explanation in the manual. Combat log isn't helping either.

Book of war talents seem to be really boring. A 1d1 damage bonus with an 1d1 to hit penalty. Okay. This stuff is passive to, and you can only ever "equip" 3 at a time. Not sure about spells yet, but it seems they aren't exciting as well. Combat is a big clusterfuck with braindead AI (the AI toggle doesn't even work, so prepare to pause a lot and give new orders to prevent your caster run into melee) and, at least on the first two maps, repetitive and boring.

I could add more, but really, don't buy this. Get Underrail instead. It is a much better game and way more polished.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It would have been better to show the DPS of a weapon instead

:killit:

Dumbfucks aside, I'm encountering quite a few suspicious fellows that seem to be loose ends. Unless there is a hidden stat/skill check that'd give more options.

Jarla & Karl for example, if you kill them you'll find out who they are but I was expecting something more.

treborSux

Arcane
I could add more, but really, don't buy this. Get Underrail instead. It is a much better game and way more polished.
A completely different game that hasn't even been released and can only play on Windows. Thanks for the awesome advice bro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom