Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Weasel
To be fair, although I'm sure this game won't have a substantial peak, it's apparently too buggy to play at the moment and many people are waiting for patches - not sure the concurrent player figure means much right now.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yikes, even compared to other indie RPGs the day one concurrent players for this thing is bad. Looks like pixel art is a pretty big deterrent when it comes to wrpgs (Pierre Begue could have told them all about it).
Pixel art is a pretty big deterrent in every genre except special-unique-snowflake-indie-not-fun-games.
P9TgWV2.png

:nocountryforshitposters:

Dyskolos

Cipher
So, being too lazy to read through the last few pages in full, is the general consensus toward waiting for bug fixes before playing through?

I'll be vacationing through June and was hoping to burn through this over the weekend and early next week, but I'd rather just wait until July if they need more time for bug fixes.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It's impossible to leave the starter area right now, so yes, the consensus is to wait for a patch.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hard to people to care about pixel art when they don't even know the game exist right? Outside the codex, nobody knows about this game and I hardly believe they making it on shitty 3d would make things better.

Other indies are in the same boat yet check out their peaks

http://steamcharts.com/app/237430
http://steamcharts.com/app/296570
http://steamcharts.com/app/246760
http://steamcharts.com/app/233310
http://steamcharts.com/app/248860
http://steamcharts.com/app/250520

As of now even AoD's early access is better http://steamcharts.com/app/230070
While they aren't pixel art games, I think most clueless RPG gamers would classify all of them on the shitty graphix category no matter what. Well, if it is pixels or not, Serpents is more obscure than obscure codexian RPGs right now. Maybe when they fix the bugs and people see if the game is great maybe word of mouth will help it but right now even this thread is moving really slow for a new codexian appealing RPG and is mostly a bug report thread.

Modron

Arcane
While they aren't pixel art games, I think most clueless RPG gamers would classify all of them on the shitty graphix category no matter what. Well, if it is pixels or not, Serpents is more obscure than obscure codexian RPGs right now. Maybe when they fix the bugs and people see if the game is great maybe word of mouth will help it but right now even this thread is moving really slow for a new codexian appealing RPG and is mostly a bug report thread.

Eh steam isn't really helping it much either, had to turn off a lot of things to see the game in the main front page banner, at least it is among the popular new releases, I think Battle Brothers was relegated to page 2 there despite selling better than everything on page 1.

Gozma

Arcane
I think they shoulda advertised harder that it's a BG/IE clone, 'cause it looked so much like Darklands I assumed it was gonna be menus with a "battlescape"

GrainWetski

Arcane
I think they shoulda advertised harder that it's a BG/IE clone, 'cause it looked so much like Darklands I assumed it was gonna be menus with a "battlescape"
They always said it was BG/Darklands, not just Darklands.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I don't think they lost many sales to people going "Oh damn, looks like a Darklands clone!"

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Yikes, even compared to other indie RPGs the day one concurrent players for this thing is bad. Looks like pixel art is a pretty big deterrent when it comes to wrpgs (Pierre Begue could have told them all about it).

Oh look, the sunshine is out again.

Fry

Arcane
Why are they insisting on using their own patching system? Odd.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why are they insisting on using their own patching system? Odd.
I already complain on Steam that GoG version needs GoG updates not whatever system is (not) working from their site.

Mortmal

Arcane
They just released a patch so you can leave the starting area.

And I just found another similar bug in the rumin ruin. My game is probably already completely ruined, so i explored a bit , obviously there lot of testing to be done, lot...

erthia

Educated
This looks pretty cool. Does anyone know if this is kinda similar to Ultima VII. The combat seems a little similar.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
at a glance yes, it is like ultima 7 + anyother90isometrichere.
writing and reactivity is NOT reminiscent. for both better and worse. but you dont have to be an avatar sucking jesus cock all the time. i think Garriot was a Gideon.
Darklands-Cums on-Baldurs Gate- Cums on Ultima 6. best way to describe it with only one facial.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This looks pretty cool. Does anyone know if this is kinda similar to Ultima VII. The combat seems a little similar.

I too got a lot of Ultima VII(/VIII) vibes from it. :fap:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom