Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Mortmal

Arcane
Found several bugs too, a npc disappearing in the shroomer caverns, and more annoying the npc supposed to initiate dialogue in the native camp vanish too. Hope its not main quest , putting it on hold now , it requires a lot more serious testing .

Sothpaw

Learned
It seems getting a (mostly) bug free game in 2014/2015 is not possible..

Bloodborne fits the bill. Which is why I played that first and am still waiting on 1.06 to even start Pillars. This game was made by two people so it seems pretty crazy to me to expect it would be mostly bug free upon release.

Palikka

Arcane
The boots and wand slots in the eq screen seems to have swapped places.

Also if you try to merge bolts/arrows/elixirs when you have them equipped the merge wont happen and a small amount of them will just disappear. I had 45 bolts equipped and tried to put 38 bolts in to the stack, the stack of 38 bolts went back to the inventory and I had only 40 bolts equipped. Merging in inventory works just fine.

Also the combat AI is completely messed up. If it's on instead of attacking my chars will do just this weird two step dance.. and if you make your chars attack an enemy who's moving the chars will walk to the spot the enemy was at and then walk to where the enemy actually is. And of course your chars wanting to point blank with ranged weapons..

Fun game though, just needs a lot of bug fixing.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Fun little game so far.

I especially liked how the optional road encounter can be resolved.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Goint to wait for the first patch(es), the last few pages here are not very encouraging.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The lastest patch broke a plot critical area transition:

So a lot of folks are probably confused and can't figure out how to get beyond the starting forest area. You might think you're doing something wrong, or you haven't found the right exit.

Unfortunately, today's patch broke the game for many of us. Before, you could transition to the next zone by following the road beyond Fane.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Any way to make select drag have to click+hold but default action be single click? Its triggering how all of my intended movement commands turn into drag select.

Last edited:

Trip

Learned
To be fair, good systems design doesn't depend on numbers of people or budget. (Haven't played enough yet to decide for myself if it is good or not though.) It's the more developer-y stuff that stumps indies usually (interface, polish, etc.), as well as structure and pacing (which are difficult, because they depend on overcoming technical obstacles).

polo

Magister
Ok, so or im too newfag to roll a dice, or i am completly stupid, both options suck for me so i used a random picker website or whatever this shit is.
Congrats Wintermute ! PM incoming.
4UCK7a6.jpg

TheGreatOne

Arcane
It seems getting a (mostly) bug free game in 2014/2015 is not possible..

Bloodborne fits the bill. Which is why I played that first and am still waiting on 1.06 to even start Pillars. This game was made by two people so it seems pretty crazy to me to expect it would be mostly bug free upon release.
PC gaming has always been more buggy than console gaming. And Bloodborne had a slightly bigger QA staff

ArchAngel

Arcane
Now I had problems installing the patch using same method on my home computer :(

The patch broke the game anyways. I think I will just wait until they can fix the biggest problems and provide proper GoG patches.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
These bugs, arrr, i was aiming to start playing tomorrow. But don't panic, Whalenought, calmly sort it out.

This antivirus alert and early bugs are unfortunate though, hope it won't hurt the sales.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yikes, even compared to other indie RPGs the day one concurrent players for this thing is bad. Looks like pixel art is a pretty big deterrent when it comes to wrpgs (Pierre Begue could have told them all about it).

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yikes, even compared to other indie RPGs the day one concurrent players for this thing is bad. Looks like pixel art is a pretty big deterrent when it comes to wrpgs (Pierre Begue could have told them all about it).
Hard to people to care about pixel art when they don't even know the game exist right? Outside the codex, nobody knows about this game and I hardly believe they making it on shitty 3d would make things better.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hard to people to care about pixel art when they don't even know the game exist right? Outside the codex, nobody knows about this game and I hardly believe they making it on shitty 3d would make things better.

Other indies are in the same boat yet check out their peaks

http://steamcharts.com/app/237430
http://steamcharts.com/app/296570
http://steamcharts.com/app/246760
http://steamcharts.com/app/233310
http://steamcharts.com/app/248860
http://steamcharts.com/app/250520

As of now even AoD's early access is better http://steamcharts.com/app/230070

Whiran

Magister
Pixel art is a pretty big deterrent in every genre except special-unique-snowflake-indie-not-fun-games.

Staglands' pixel art is an exception to that but there's been so much really bad "pixel art" broadcasted everywhere for the past couple of years that the mere mention of it is a huge turn-off.

I hope Staglands gets some buzz for being a cool game. So long as it isn't too buggy for too many people and people say good things about it then it will get some attention. If it is too buggy to play or has serious issues during its release week then, alas, it'll be dead on arrival :(

I hope not but we'll see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom