Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well it was updated for me, says I have the right version now. But I might fucked it up, I don't know. Probably should have gone with the Steam version hehe

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Here's what I did: I extracted the files from the x64 folder in the .zip directly into my game's folder (where "serpent in the staglands.exe" is). I had to overwrite a few files. Then I ran "patcher.exe", and everything completed successfully. Game is version 3 (still checks for updates, but finds none), old savegames work. All is good under the Moon.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Anyone killed the possessed child in the first zone? Is it worth going back and killing him? Couldn't do it without Catalina when I was in the zone.

Feeling like an idiot here, but how do you leave the first outside area? I have been following the road, but not getting a transition icon anywhere?
I'm playing the gog version, updated to version 3.

I just followed the road to the south west.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Here's what I did: I extracted the files from the x64 folder in the .zip directly into my game's folder (where "serpent in the staglands.exe" is). I had to overwrite a few files. Then I ran "patcher.exe", and everything completed successfully. Game is version 3 (still checks for updates, but finds none), old savegames work. All is good under the Moon.
Did any of your change the name of install folder during original installation? I renamed it to SitS.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone killed the possessed child in the first zone? Is it worth going back and killing him? Couldn't do it without Catalina when I was in the zone.

Feeling like an idiot here, but how do you leave the first outside area? I have been following the road, but not getting a transition icon anywhere?
I'm playing the gog version, updated to version 3.

I just followed the road to the south west.

The child
You get an interesting diary

2PVHf4Z.jpg

You mean this road right? I'm not getting anything here... :(

GrainWetski

Arcane
Yeah, it's supposed to be there. I just patched and went back to the first zone and I couldn't exit any more, so either patch fucked it up or there's a bug when you backtrack.

Johannes

Arcane
That's where I got, but I figured that's where the demo ends (would make it very short demo but I still gives the gist of it, killed the bandits to the east too).

Either that but if full version ended there too, seems buggy.

Gonna wait for a bit until playing this, for the UI patch.

da_rays

Augur
Same here , cant seem to be able to leave the 1st zone after patching up to version 3. And the same thing on the demo? Damn...feel like going back to 2.0.0.1

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Ah I see. Really want to continue, but I guess the game won't be ready until a couple of patches.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I managed to finally update it. I reinstalled it again into a folder that I didn't rename this time. I immediatelly copied the contents of the 64 folder and overwrite all when asked. Then I ran patcher and this time it worked.

Now I am not sure if the problem was that I renamed the install folder when I originally installed it or that I would normally run patcher from inside the 64 folder (that is inside the game folder) and after it would not work try to overwrite files in original game folder.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did any of your change the name of install folder during original installation? I renamed it to SitS.

Didn't. In fact it's still installed in the dir I downloaded the original installer to.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
I have a question, for those of you further ahead in the game: is it soloable? Or are henchmen sort of mandatory?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
People on the Steam forums are asking for refunds because the game exe is recognized as a trojan. It's not exactly setting the charts on fire, either. Let's hope the devs still made enough dough to continue.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
I love the design and mechanics so far, but damn those fonts can be hard to read
i dont mind low rez or tile-y graphics (like underrail) or pixelfests like Primordia. but the graphics in this game actually mechanically inhibit the ability to enjoy. While it looks like darklands, even that game had some shitty ui and fonts.

but buying it anyway because the couple who made it are so damned sehxy i hope they make a pixellated sex/relationship simulator in the future.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
People on the Steam forums are asking for refunds because the game exe is recognized as a trojan. It's not exactly setting the charts on fire, either. Let's hope the devs still made enough dough to continue.

Retards Gonna Retard. Because setting the AV's exclusions is TEH hard.

BTW, mine worked fine, no conflicts/alerts whatsoever.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
I love the design and mechanics so far, but damn those fonts can be hard to read
i dont mind low rez or tile-y graphics (like underrail) or pixelfests like Primordia. but the graphics in this game actually mechanically inhibit the ability to enjoy. While it looks like darklands, even that game had some shitty ui and fonts.

but buying it anyway because the couple who made it are so damned sehxy i hope they make a pixellated sex/relationship simulator in the future.

Inb4 hot coffee mod for SITS.

Mustawd

This is quickly turning into a half SITS release thread and half beg thread...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just found another serious BUG. You can pause the game during the starting sequence before you are about to choose your race, class and the game bugs out and you can only force close it.

I would bet other sequences will suffer from same problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom