Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
^ Whalenought_Joe ? can you shed some light? because if it's indeed fake news, maybe it should be edited/patch out from the game

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
upload_2021-2-20_2-7-18.png

I've adopted one of the natives in my party, sent him to speak to his leader that just gave him permission to join, he cannot engage in dialogue because he has not enough points in linguistics. :)

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
What I'm looking at? Some glitched texture or something?
it's a blood rune.

you know the shape and you must recreate it by dragging the mouse.
and because the game is so good, it only takes 1 000 000 tries.

in the end I had to search the internet and the shape that worked is this
upload_2021-2-24_2-2-33.png
when the rune was like in the image first shown

was this game even beta tested?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
"finished" the game

this game is the epitome of dissonance and cuckholdness
becomes tiresome 3/4 the way

*******SPOILERS**********

in the final "showdown", the game literally shoves down your throat a big fat dick, its intended ending based on what actions you "chose" during the game

*********END OF SPOILERS********

my companions turned on me, I couldn't do nothing, move attack etc.

only two companions remained with one attacking the other but because high armor class, the attacker did no damage...

So while I was standing there with the developer's dick taste in my mouth and watching my character paralyzed due to bugginess and my 2 remaining companions duking it out in an eternal loop of retardation, with the rhythmic low budget sound of a sword hitting in the background, my vision's focal point slowly went beyond the screen of the monitor and after a minute or so of staring into nothingness, I thought to myself,

"Mechajammer? No thank you."

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
After a good night's sleep and after contemplating some more about the whole experience,
Staglands is a charming game but flawed ^2

I will try Mechajammer only because I am a graphic whore because I don't kid to myself that I will not be orally raped again via "good" game design where you helplessly press dialogue options in totally contradiction with what you think as a player.

faff3a1036ba04eebeac128dae742e37.jpg

BruceVC

Magister
It is on sale again. Hmmmm..

It's a great game sir. I think you'd really dig it. I didn't finish it (yet) but I played some 25+ hours and had a blast. A very mysterious and unique gem imo.
Please go into your normal details when you report on this game. I like how you updated BT4 and also I havent played this game and their are mixed reviews

But I prefer to hear the honest positive reviews which you normally are good at but if aren't enjoying it then that is also fine :cool:

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey BruceVC . Well I'm not currently playing this game so I don't have much to report. I did play a few years back and enjoyed it as i mentioned. It's got a lot of really unique elements like the magic system and quaint real time with pause combat. The exploration is a high point too, lots of little nooks and cranniest and a lot to see and do. The lore is unique too, u can really enjoy the setting how u want to and it's got a high level of freedom which is nice. If I were playing it now I'd report more details but this is just from memory. I didn't finish it because I started messing around with the .ini file or what have u, and accidentally deleted my saves by running the game as admin (if i recall correctly.) So be careful about doing that. I'll replay it someday because it's worth it. Cool underrated gem imo. :)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I saw the option to make more companions so unlike the video, I'll make as many as I can. When I heard about getting slaughtered by fox and chickens I had a double-take ... Really? Chickens? Curse of Link?

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
You'll also find good companions as u go and possibly replace those u start with. I don't recall getting slaughtered by a chicken? But foxes are early game enemies if i recall correctly and u should be fine. For some groups of later enemies you'll have to use the Gothic style "pull one at a time from the pack" strategy, and u will die here and there because it's a challenging game, but it's good fun. Hope that helps! :)

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Playing this game atm and Im having a decent time. Going to try to get the good ending I've heard about, what are the triggers for the bad end I should avoid? I made only 1 avatar, haven't done any bounties, haven't done any of the quests involving natives (other than the shroomer cave one). I have killed bandits in the wild and in random encounters, does that mean I doomed to get the bad end?

zer

Novice
I have killed bandits in the wild and in random encounters, does that mean I doomed to get the bad end?
Yes, your're doomed
for "normal" gameplay the only way to get satisfactory endings is maiking a pact with Bloodless

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
I have killed bandits in the wild and in random encounters, does that mean I doomed to get the bad end?
Yes, your're doomed
for "normal" gameplay the only way to get satisfactory endings is maiking a pact with Bloodless
Well shit, oh well. How do I do the bloodless thing? Haven’t done anything with bloodless yet, my Mc does have philosophy though, if that’s a requirement

zer

Novice
Well shit, oh well. How do I do the bloodless thing? Haven’t done anything with bloodless yet, my Mc does have philosophy though, if that’s a requirement

You must open a portal in Lumen Forten with two runes. that's all as far as I can remember.
maybe you need some skill like philosophy

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
GOG hasn’t been patched to that yet (I just checked).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom