Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Serbia Strong: A Victoria 2 HoD vanilla Let's Play

PdaFtw

Novice
Serbia Strong
The story of the Serbian Principality, 1836-1936

The people have spoken, and they want Serbia! And if there is demand for it I'l supply it, just like a proper capitalist would, you know which ones I'm talking about: the ones that don't flood my damn country with paper and explosive factories when no one wants that shit instead of taking advantage my coal and grain to make glass and mead and to fulfill the huge demand there is for them. Like, are you retarded? I mean, it's your damn money you can use it anyway you want but still. Do you enjoy watching every single useless factory you open close? Yeah, because I'm not subsidizing your mess.

Anyways, I digress. This is basicaly my first aar (I had to cancel the other one), so criticism is very welcome and appreciated. I'l try to put alot more effort to each update I make this time and expect them to come weekly. I'l also try to aim for a more narrative let's play and I'l try to roleplay what I do ingame according to my king/president/dictator's personality, aiming to keep things as realistic as Vicky2 will let me.

I have no notion whatsoever of the serbian language, but expect me to use a serbian word or two that I found, just don't expect it to be well written. Any serbian speakers are welcome to correct me! I also have very little to no knolowedge of the country's history, and what I researched about it for this LP I looked it up on wikipedia, so a few things may not be according to actual events.

Now, without further ado, let's get this started with an inspirational picture of the Serbian army.

v5Vzr.jpg

The Serbian Armed Forces in all it's glory

PdaFtw

Novice
Prologue
220px-Kara%C4%91or%C4%91e_Petrovi%C4%87%2C_by_Vladimir_Borovikovsky%2C_1816.jpg

Karađorđe Petrović, the elected leader of the serbian uprising and king of the serbs

June 29th, 1812

It was an unusualy hot day, but no one stood still. Karađorđe Petrović, the newly proclaimed serbian king, watched with dismay the russian soldiers packing and preparing to leave the camp. "Orders rom the General." seemed to him the only phrase that came out of the russians when asked why were they leaving. Did the russian generals decided their next move without him?

When he finaly arrived at the general's tent two soldiers barred his way in.

"I'm sorry, sir. No one is allowed in, orders from the general."

"To hell with your orders! Now you will let me in or I'l have you two executed! Do not doubt it!"

The soldiers looked nervously at each other for a moment and then stepped aside. When he entered the tent he noticed that the russian general was examining a map of the western russian border while a well dressed man was seating infront of him.

"What is the meaning of this? Where are your troops going, general?" asked the nervous king.

"Orders from the Tsar, sir."coldly replied the general.

Karađorđe's face turned red and he clenched his fist in anger. He was sick and tired of that answear, but before he could say anything the well dressed man intervened.

"I'l take it from here, Sidorov."

The general nodded "I'l go see to my men." and with that he left the tent.

"And who in blazes are you?" asked the monarch.

"My name is Egor Ozerov, and I'm an agent for the Tsar here to dicuss terms with the Ottoman sultan."

Karađorđe took a deep breath, calming himself. "Very well... But I'm not certain that he'l surrender just yet. The turks still hold many forts in the balkans."

"I'm not here to discuss their surrender, I'm here to propose a white peace. Napoleon has invaded Russia and the Tsar called for all able russians to defend the motherland. All troops in armenia and the balkans have been ordered to retreat and regroup at Kiev. That's where the troops arre going, your highness."

The king sat down after hearing these news. "He... He what...? That cannot be... Let me change words with him. If we just keep pushing for Istanbul-"

"Moscow will fall. We can't aid you any further. Apologies, but I'l try my best to defend your country's interests when I'm negotiating with the turks."

"After all these victories, all this blood... God has forsaken us..." Karađorđe finaly replied.

In the following weeks the terms of the Russian-Turkish war's white-peace were arranged, and the serbian objectives of fully fledged independence and expansion were all but ignored in the discussions. Serbia would mantain a big degree of autonomy, but half of its de jure territories would still be directly under Ottoman rule. In the treaty, it was also established that Karađorđe was to be exiled and in his place a noble of the House of Obrenović, another serbian royal house, would rule over serbia as a prince. Karađorđe left for Greece with his two sons and wife, and after a few months he suffered a suspicous accident which eventualy led to his death, but his dreams of an independent and whole Serbia didn't die with him.

SerbiaStrongflag_zpse6f712ca.png

Last edited:

HEAR US ISLAMIC (MACHETE RAPE) GANGS
OUR HAND WILL REACH YOU EVEN IN ANKARA BAGHDAD

Holy Serbia must restore eastern frontier of great kebab remover Trajan and throw all stink turk back into mongolia so hard that zoo will not even be required at all.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Will you try a roughly historical approach with Balkan wars and all the Slavic infighting or will you follow a more ahistorical route?

PdaFtw

Novice
Will you try a roughly historical approach with Balkan wars and all the Slavic infighting or will you follow a more ahistorical route?

Expect a relatively ahistorical route. Gonna try to form yugoslavia and to free the slavs from the shackles of Turkish and German oppression! Eventualy, that is.

Is this going to go on?
Yup, but at the moment exams are screwing with my pc time so can't play Vicky2 quite yet.

i hope not
Thank you for your support! : )

nah bro, just too fucking tired of "Sky people" and impaling a god damn kebab

I got you, but Serbia had the most votes so my hands are tied. But, altough quite overlplayed, Serbia's always a fun game.

Sunnmøring

Novice
Are you going to try to incorporate Bulgaria? And if so, what about Bulgaria's cores in Greece?

Sunnmøring

Novice
So it's probably best not to integrate Greece (at least, the non-slavic/non-Albanian areas)until they've managed to claim western Anatolia? Assuming one gets in a position to take the fight to Turkey, anyway.

PdaFtw

Novice
Author's Note: I'm going to change a few things in serbian history, mostly because what little I know of it is from wikipidea and because I'm too lazy to go do the research, so don't be surprised if I write something that is completely ahistorical, and partialy because I want to spice things up abit by changing some facts. If you so desire, feel free to correct me and I thank you for it since I am interested in Serbia's history. Also, this post is entirely pre-game.

SerbiaStrongflagchapter1title_zps4efd1545.png

The Serbians are now a shadow of theyr former selves ever since Karađorđe's rebelion ended. Janissaries can be seen partolling the streets of Belgrade, mistreating and abusing the serb peasentry for no good reason, and the local counts offer no resistance, on the contrary they're welcoming the Turks with open arms. For the crushing majority, the Ottomans seemed invincible, too strong and too many to be opposed, and that view stretched even to the Serbian Prince Miloš Obrenović, who always sought to act in favour of Turkish interests, and for that he was handsomely rewarded. Over the 2 decades that succeeded Karađorđe's fall he had become the richest man in the balkans, ruling over Serbia with an ironfist and counselled by a group of Serbian counts and Turkish representatives, but no one knew that the monarch secretely kept a letter with him at all times.

220px-MilosObrenovic_1848.jpg

Miloš Obrenović, Prince of Serbia

December 12, 1835

A bigger bump on the road caused the carriage to shake violently, awakening the Prince from his rest. Grumpily, he grabbed his cane and hit the floor thrice, shouting angry remarks at the driver. He tried for a while, but he couldn't go back to sleep again, and so he took a moment to look out of the window. This year's was a harsh winter, and the fields were covered in snow. Aside from the occasional sight of poverty and misery, the view was quite beautiful. He then found himself reaching for the letter and opening it.

Dear Prince Miloš,

I will not hide the contempt I feel for you as I write these words, nor will I ignore the chilly relations we had even before you turned your back to my cause. Honestly, you are the last person I tought I would turn to in my hour of need, but right now you are the only one who can fulfill my dying wish.

Know that I am perfectly healthy of body and mind, even though my wife fears for my sanity ever since I sent our children into hiding. Despite, I am still a dead man. The sultan has marked me, and now hashashins follow me wherever I go, for his influence stretches to Greece. I could run, but I would only delay the inevitable, and I have accepted the fact that by the time this letter reaches you, if it reaches you, I will be dead at Turkish hands. But I do not resent it. A wise man I met here in Athens told me that men may die, but theyr ideas go on, and that is all I ever sought.

Look around for a moment and think, what will you pass on when you perish aswell? Greed? Cowardice? Selfishness? Please realise that whatever they gave you, whatever they promised you, whatever they threatened to do to you is irrelevent, for life is but a fleeting moment in our existence. Before my rebellion, serbians were abused and mistreated under the Sultan's oppressive grasp, and all I ever wanted was to put an end to that, to carve our own place under the sun and to fnally rule over a free, happy and prosperous people. A goal that I was unable to achieve.

And so I beg of you, do not let my dream die. It is not too late, whenever you're reading this. The people may seem broken, the nobles corrupt, the Sultan may seem invincible and his armies infinite but under the right leadership the revolutionary fire can be rekindled, and from my ashes you can revive a pheonix that will outshine any other.

Yours sincerely,

Karađorđe Petrović

Miloš was not sure why he had kept this letter. Firstly he had tought of it has a trophy of sorts, commemorating the fall of his enemy and his rise to power. But as of late he started to question that. All of his power, mansions, palaces, parties and consorts had fulfilled his desires initialy, but nowadays he felt increasingly depressed, growing tired of these luxuries. He didn't understand why though, he had all anyone could ever want, but somehow he sometimes felt miserable, and right now, as he rode in his excessively luxurious carriage, was one of those times. Then, for the first time, the prince noticed a couple of smears on the bottom of the paper. Were these tears? Could Karađorđe have been right all along? Were these not the ramblings of a defeated man but a desperate call to reason?

The carriage then passed by three janissary soldiers who were severely beating a woman while one of them was already pulling down his pants, and then the prince knew the answear.

"Stop the carriage." He ordered the driver and as soon as it stopped he stepped out of it, cane in hand and shouting. "What is the meaning of this? What has she done? And by god pull your pants up, soldier, you're infront of a prince."

The janissaries stopped abruptely, looking at the prince and his bodyguards half in disbelief by Miloš' sudden appearence and half in anger that they were interrupted. The woman seized the oportunity and got away from the Turks, getting up and stepping away from them while trying to shrug herself off.

"...Hum, she looked at us defiantly, sir." One of the soldiers finaly replied. "She disrespected our authority."

The prince then noticed a dead man by the road lying in a pool of blood and shot in the head. The soldiers smelled of alcohol aswell, and the whole situation then became clear. "She looked at you defiantly, sir, because you shot her husband. And why did you do that? Do you even know who he was?" Asked Miloš, gripping the handle of his cane tightly.

"He was just some serbi-"

"I am a serbian. Do you have a problem with that aswell?" Quickly and coldly replied the prince.

Then another soldier, clearly drunk, stepped forward "Must I remind you that we represent the sultan? You better fall back into line if you know what's good for you."

Miloš looked at his entourage of bodyguards, and they were all very tense and extremely surprised by his sudden outburst, but they were all gripping they're pistols nevertheless. They were ready. He then quickly lifted his cane, grabbing it with both hands, and violently struck the defiant soldier in the head, knocking him out flat on the ground after a loud crunch was heard. The janissaries stood in paralysed by this unexpected reaction, but the bodyguards unstrapped their guns and were ready to fire.

The monarch took a moment to examine their faces and smirked with delight. "Kill them." He ordered, and a quick volley of shots was fired, killing all three of the Turks. A few moments passed and everyone was trying to assimilate what exactly had happened.

"My lord, if the Turks find out what happened here..." One of the bodyguards said.

"They won't. Get rid of the bodies." Said Miloš, feeling more satisfied than ever.

PdaFtw

Novice
Are you going to try to incorporate Bulgaria? And if so, what about Bulgaria's cores in Greece?

Probably not but it all depends. A free Bulgaria/Greece is what I am initialy aiming for at the moment, but if something major happens (ex: turning fascist) I'l consider conquering them.

Oh and by the way, sorry for the lack of updates, but has I said before I am very busy at the moment and incredibly lazy constantly :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom