Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Sepulchre: A Gothic Train Ride

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
This feels like something which is planned to have a sequel.

You were right:

i738iZB1ggvpx.png

I'm intrigued, but I hope it's not just another 30 minute game that leaves more questions than answers.

Jester

Arbiter
Hmm not so sure, would prefer lots of questions you can find out answers for if you try.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmm not so sure, would prefer lots of questions you can find out answers for if you try.
I asked for info and they said "It'll be a bit longer [than the first]. It's mostly set outside. Calender-wise it's set a few decades before Sepulchre. Main character called John."

Ashton Raze, the writer, said this: "Ahh, some of the speculation in that thread is amazingly in-depth. One thing I will confirm is that Louis Cassell and 'The Charnel House Burial' is part of the plot. :D"

LP eventually incoming, I suppose. I'll keep it in this thread and ask Crooked Bee to change the thread title, whenever the follow-up hits.

Edit (9/15/2014): I'm no longer sure about keeping it in this thread if the LP does indeed happen. We'll see.

Last edited:

Crane

Arcane
Patron
'sup. So in July Owl Cave announced that a Sepulchre "prequel and sequel" is in the works. They announced their new voice-acting cast consisting of

New York Times bestselling author Madeleine Roux as Alex Davenport, The Escapist legend Jim Sterling as Robert Crowe, Jonathan Graeme Grier, freelance writer and YouTuber, as John Donald Rawlings, Peter Willington, voice actor and freelance writer, as Dr. Harold Lang, and Ben Chandler, artist for Wadjet Eye Games in addition to many other games, as Grub.

Some (all?) in-game characters will physically resemble their real-life counterparts. For example:

F5hltw3.jpg

XuMX9Vj.jpg

Ben Chandler will be voicing our old friend here:
iP5RSUKTDKsVb.png

bengrub2.jpg

See??

Despite the fact that the blog which announced the VA cast told us to "Look for an interview with writer/designer Ashton Raze on Nerdy but Flirty soon!", it never happened.

But Ashton Raze did announce that:

We're re-releasing Sepulchre later this year in fact, alongside two other games which massively flesh out the story, and provide another perspective in the form of Alex, the second protagonist.

It's apparently slated to release in november:

2JP2LAR.png

and here's a possible portrait of the second protagonist:

fXZx9jt.png

another portrait:

lfZzqhD.png

Crooked Bee this surely isn't enough for its own news announcement, but it might be something worth keeping an eye on. I suppose I could reach out to Ashton Raze (Nina White?) or Owl Cave in general for an interview.

Last edited:

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Source: http://owlcave.net/2014/10/31/shadow-of-the-comic/

So, Ivan Ulyanov and I have been working away to produce a Sepulchre comic for Halloween. And we did it! Art by Ivan, words by me. In it, you’ll be introduced to two of the new main characters from Inhale, Exhale and future games. Plus there’s a little bit of a reveal about where the overall plot might be going and where things stand.

Read on and enjoy!

lightbane

Arcane
:necro:
Greetings Codexers. I know most of you are playing PoE 7 times to determine how shit it is, but, for the few who are not, this probably will be of your interest:

http://owlcave.net/2015/03/18/the-charnel-house-trilogy-cast-reveal/
Hello! Today we’re proud to announce and reveal the full main cast of The Charnel House Trilogy. Check out the video below for a rundown, as well as a sneak preview of one of Gavin Harrison’s new pieces of music for the game...

Lastly, as an extra, here there's an adventure game that seems worth giving it a look, at the very least:
http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/all-the-way-down/43678/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom