Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SELF-EJECT ME. NOW.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I tried to warn people that Deadfire would at the very least be banal shit boring, if not actively repugnant, but as usual they ignored my perfect track record and refused to listen.

Well, at least I tried.

f348a0a880.png

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Uh-huh. I was half-expecting that.

Aside from perhaps being the one exception that proves the rule, as is typical you've committed a lie of omission. I sold off my pledge ships years ago and quite literally washed my hands of the game, citing the numerous times CIG had been caught in lies and deception, their insistence on continuing to sell pledge ships (and ever-larger capital ships) after the initial crowdfunding period, and numerous questionable design features, such as the cancerous holographic UI, mouse-centric control scheme, and a few other tidbits.

So uh, anyone going to pick up that $2500 destroyer?

Nope. I'm cashing out the rest of my pledge ships, because I'm through with this game.

099cd97c93.png
58f709f9e5.png
It was the final straw.

It's not just the incredibly high price of the Javelin—it's that this is the latest in a long list of CIG reneges. They've "changed their minds" far too many times. In this particular case, it was stated way back when that the Idris Corvette (now upgraded to a Frigate) would be the largest ship pledgers could buy with real money. CIG also stated that the Idris would never again be sold after the original pledge campaign ended, but they went ahead and did it anyway... twice. They've reneged so many times that I can't remember each instance. Perhaps I posted a list earlier in the thread.

My trust level in CIG is close to zero. What's next? Will they decide that user-hosted, moddable private multiplayer servers are too much work to implement? Will they ignore the very serious issue of controller agnosticity now that the furor over gimbaling mouse-aim has died down? Will grinding for credits be Korean-tier obnoxious, despite assurances to the contrary?

Frankly, the out-of-control sales have finally become an issue for me, too. I'm forced to agree with Mortmal et al.: Each sale is more lavish and expensive than the last, and CIG constantly unveil and sell brand-new ships rather than properly implementing existing ones. They spend more time publishing fan fiction and stupid videos no one in their right mind would want to watch than they do unveiling and elaborating upon substantial aspects of the non-ship portions of the game.

At that point, any Codexer who'd bought into Star Citizen due to my enthusiasm for what it might potentially become could have followed my lead and cashed out as well. Even the most basic pledge that included the full game could have been resold at-cost at that juncture.

Only more than a year after this, when the shit really started to hit the fan, did bandwagon-hopping faggots start tagging me and accusing me of being the Codex's pro-Star Citizen cult leader, when in reality I'd long since unhitched my caboose.

Last edited:

Percy

Cipher
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Self-Ejecting Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Well, that makes at least two intellectually dishonest fact-ignorers ITT for me to obliterate any day now.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
So scam citizen was an investment? Nice.

Scam citizen, get in on the scam on the ground floor!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom