Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Sega is Working on a “String of High Quality PC Ports”

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So...now it's New Year.

Barbarian

Arcane
I never understood how Sega managed to failso spectacularly. The Dreamcast had all the bells and whistles and was released more than a full year before the PS2, The xbox and the gamecube. They had very nice franchises.

Fucking failure of a company. And now all they do is publishing and developing furry sonic.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Nope,don't believe it.
It is probably a sonic game where sonic is wearing heels.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So, with the release of the real Bayonetta (in case you missed it despite it already linked in several threads: http://store.steampowered.com/app/460790/), SEGA is yet again teasing more PC ports:

“We are dedicated to bringing high-quality, best practice PC conversions of our back catalogue games to our fans, and Bayonetta was a great fit.” Said John Clark, Senior Vice President of Commercial Publishing for SEGA Europe. “Bayonetta is one of the most often requested PC conversions of our games, so finally being able to launch it on Steam is fantastic. There’s more to come!”

[...]

What other PC ports is SEGA planning?

SEGA continues to explore PC port options, and is looking forward to sharing more news soon.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I'm playing Resonance of fate right now, it's a pretty unique jrpg, I like it a lot. It has zero anti-aliasing in the ps3 though and it looks pretty bad, it could sure use a PC port.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
also, please, please very please skies of arcadia HD

that's easily my fave JRPG aside from trails series.
Why not just emulate it on dolphin?
You can run it in hd native resolution so it becomes the hd version.
i have played it in dolphin before. still a different feeling if i play it native on PC. it's maybe just a useless sentiment, but it just feel better for me if the game is actualyl on PC

deuxhero

Arcane
Yep. The improvements of the GCN release and uncompressed music of the Dreamcast release (or better) would be worth buying, especially if dual audio was included.

grudgebringer

With these news I'll gladly pay for Virtua Fighter 5 on Steam. What petition should I sign?

deuxhero

Arcane
Shining's current lead is a nutcase who thinks people campaigning for western release means they're trying to kill him (no, really), so I wouldn't count on anything from there being ported.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't get all the shit throwing at Sega, this was one of the best rereleases I've seen in a long fucking time. At the end of the countdown they just immediately released the game instead of just putting up a preorder for weeks (creating hype for a game released almost a decade ago lel), the price was amazing and judging from the reviews it runs perfectly. Hope they can keep it up.

Speaking for myself here, but just for how Sega has treated the Alien franchise they're gonna have to do a lot better in order to redeem themselves.

It looks like they did good with the Bayonetta release, but that's nothing more than a good start on a possible road to redemption. They've made a lot of screw-ups over the years that they've chosen to just ignore rather than try to fix in one way or another.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom