Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Sega is Working on a “String of High Quality PC Ports”

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
They are gonna port VC2

Considering it's a PSP title I don't really see it. And SEGA probably won't throw all the mega bux at it like SE did for FF15 demo vessel Type-0 remake.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

GrainWetski

Arcane
Never heard of this site before, but it can't be worse than the gaming sites I do know about.

http://www.tssznews.com/2016/01/01/source-offers-insight-into-potential-sega-pc-releases/

Sega still maintains a very healthy PC business in the West. WhenSonic Lost Worldwas revealed for a PC release,Sega’s press releasestated it was “the latest in a string of high quality PC ports of past SEGA titles that we will be building on in the coming months and years.”

A source has told TSSZ how extensive that lineup could now be. The source believes PC releases will be a key component of Sega’s business strategy in 2016, with many of Sega’s library titles being considered for rollout beginning this year. That includes “heavily” considering bringing the Yakuza franchise to PC, in order, beginning withYakuza 0. Our source says nothing has been finalized there, in part because of the large undertaking required to port games of that size, and licensing issues not unlike thosepreventing the re-release of Shenmueto current systems.

But other titles are considered high priority for PC as well, according to our source. That includesVanquish,Resonance of Fate, titles in theHatsune Miku: Project DIVAfranchise, andVirtua Fighter 5. We notedearlier this weekthatSonic Colorsis also on that high-priority list.

Also considered a high-priority for PC is the recently announcedValkyria: Azure Revolution. To this point it has only been announced for Playstation 4 in Japan, and is set for release at the end of the year there. No talk has been made publicly about it coming West. A PC port may afford such an opportunity.

Our source also indicated Sega wants to being several titles in the Atlus library to PC, but is facing some resistance from the Japan side.

Certainly, one should not expect all of these titles to drop at once in 2016–if it happens, it will be a while. But judging from this information, it appears Sega remains very committed to supporting PC gamers.

They seem to have a lot of SEGA related stuff on it, at least.

Martius

Liturgist
Most of that sounds too good to be true, although I wouldn't be surprised if at least part about Atlus is true. Since they dont care much about proper releasing game in Europe it could be similar for even thinking about pc ports.

ZoddGuts

Augur
Can't believe they wasted time on porting Sonic Lost Worlds even Sonic are saying "why?". Game bombed hard on PC, hope it doesn't effect on any other ports that their thinking of brining over. Sonic Colors would've been a far better choice since it's well regarded unlike Lost Worlds. Anyways hope that rumor is true except the Atlus being dick heads part.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think TSSZ has a history of dodgey rumors from their "sources".

tormund

Arcane
Game bombed hard on PC, hope it doesn't effect on any other ports that their thinking of brining over.
I want to say that it won't affect their plans about future ports but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it did, and if this talk about string of PC ports just faded into silence, since that would fit with Sega's trademark alien logic...

flyingjohn

Arcane
Forget about any yakuza or other high priority sega ip ever coming to pc.
Valykria chronicles was a a very successful fluke that won't repeat itself.

flyingjohn

Arcane
And SEGA will find this out how exactly?
Sega would probably be projecting 500k+ sales to even consider porting yakuza.
That could be achieved if it wasn't for one major factor:Steam refund changed the game for japanese developers.
With the refunds system in place all those sales can be lowered by substantial amount considering sega wouldn't give a rats ass about the port.
So when any sega business person tries to estimate the profitability of a pc port they will probably abandon the idea immediately.(unless it is some mobile port).

GrainWetski

Arcane
And SEGA will find this out how exactly?
Sega would probably be projecting 500k+ sales to even consider porting yakuza.
That could be achieved if it wasn't for one major factor:Steam refund changed the game for japanese developers.
With the refunds system in place all those sales can be lowered by substantial amount considering sega wouldn't give a rats ass about the port.
So when any sega business person tries to estimate the profitability of a pc port they will probably abandon the idea immediately.(unless it is some mobile port).

Then they are absolutely fucking retarded. Now, I don't put anything past SEGA, but I don't think they're that dumb. A PC port doesn't take much effort or money.

Yakuza 4 sold horribly on consoles in the West. Maybe they should stop releasing the series in the West altogether?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Then they are absolutely fucking retarded. Now, I don't put anything past SEGA, but I don't think they're that dumb. A PC port doesn't take much effort or money.

Yakuza 4 sold horribly on consoles in the West. Maybe they should stop releasing the series in the West altogether?

Dont you fucking say that. We finally have 5 and Yakuza: Promised land is coming i most have these games.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And here's the first effort to quality PC port since VC: http://www.sega.co.uk/news/sega-mega-drive-classics-hub

GET READY TO LOAD THE SEGA MEGA DRIVE CLASSICS HUB

You may have been wondering why in recent weeks we have been quizzing you on SEGA Central about your favourite MEGA Drive/Genesis Characters, Games, Memories & giving away themed swag… That’s because we’re celebrating the launch of the new SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub releasing as a free update on Steam, get ready to load on April 28th.

The new-look system is based on a bedroom of an early nineties SEGA fan with dynamic time-of-day conditions, retro SEGA paraphernalia, a shelf full of MEGA Drive games (including the ones you own) and of course a CRT TV! That’s not all, every single MEGA Drive game will now feature Steam Workshop support allowing you to share modified versions of your favourite retro SEGA titles!

In addition to these new features, the new SEGA Mega Drive hub also includes;
  • spot-on emulation
  • local co-op for games that support it
  • optional graphic enhancement filters
  • the ability to save at any point in the gameplay
  • full controller / keyboard support
The following games will be accessible through the new hub on release - if you already own these games, just wait for the update & press start!

I think it's cool.

Barbarian

Arcane
These faggots better release shenmue ports soon. With a new game coming it would be incredibly stupid to wait too long to do it.

Then again Sega isn't known for making the best business decisions... or for being competent in general when it comes to running things.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's cool, but I'm really hoping for some Yakuza, Shenmue, and hell... maybe Panzer Dragoon.
:?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom