Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Who knew that Thief was about LARPing Garrett.

Also: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded:

Declinator

Arbiter
Some of the SJW crowd also recently started talking about "male video game character stereotypes hurting men" and they're apparently equally serious about it...

Holy hell, his ideas are even worse than Sarkeesian's.

At least from a certain perspective Sarkeesian's complaints make sense even if they are bullshit but complaining that "my gender is portrayed as strong" borders absurd. Even mentions Gordon Freeman and Isaac from Dead Space who are obviously not even supposed to have personality in the first place. (DS2 doesn't count.)

He should be thankful we don't have more whiny, angsty teenagers as main characters or shooter games where the character feels guilty all the time because of all the people he kills. What's wrong with being a healthy, balanced person who doesn't react emotionally to every last thing (including but not limited to killing masses of people in cold blood.) Funnily enough, Sarkeesian seems to celebrate these kinds of female characters.

Delterius

Arcane
Clockwork Knight

Pretty sure its a parody and not because of every single whole in the article's theory. The fact that there's a sexist rant about the Gerudo that fails to mention the whole 'first male born in hundreds of years is automatically Supreme Ruler' deal kind of points to that. The anthropomorphized cows bit makes me damn hope its a parody, too.

Borelli

Arcane
zWvvWOb.jpg
You tap the jump in the EXACT same way, with the exact same timing as if you had a free jump. In fact, if you weren't told that you couldn't free jump and only tried to jump when you needed to jump to, you would have NO idea that you couldn't bunny hop around like convulsing jack-in-the-box. It's only when you tap the jump button while standing in the middle of a room with nothing to jump on that you DON'T jump.

I sort of understand the point he is trying to make however:
1. Changing free jumping to contextual is still not needed
2. Oh but we were told that you couldn't free jump
3. Again with the bunny hopping, and again i say it is not really a problem in Thief

To conclude this feels like an attempt to justify what is clearly mainstreamlining the game mechanics.

So, i hear you asking, what happens when you DO press the jump button, but there is nothing to jump on?

You SWOOP!

It's AWESOME
Oh FFS:rpgcodex:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
This has to be ancient, but I haven't seen it before, so...

1381337119545.png

I can't remember what Fallout 3 was about to be honest. I played it for ages, but I was mainly driven by the thought that it had to start resembling Fallout 1 and 2 at some point during the game. It never happened.

Fawkes and Sgt. RL (the Mr Handy companion) refusing to help was bullshit, but the ghoul guy is acting in character. He outright tells you that he doesn't really care about the purifier, since it's all the same to him. If you want to kill yourself, your contract is void and he's free to go. In Broken Steel you can just whine about how you're his boss until he agrees to help. He'll also refuse to fetch the GECK from the irradiated-to-hell vault 87, for the same reason.

Both the Enclave and the BOS white knights want to activate the purifier, but the Enclave wants it for themselves and the BOS wants to share with everyone. It doesn't really explain why they're competing to see who pushes the button first, though. Just securing the area would be enough.

edit: Just remembered something, Princess Ruto forces Link to accept her hand in marriage for rescuing her. Is that sexist? I am confuse

Last edited:

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Cant wait for Warfarce NA edition, with 'appropriately proportioned' 'gender neutral/trans friendly' 'non slut shaming' 'empowered womyn' avatars. Hopefully the boob jiggle physics can be edited for the fat rolls and love handles that will abound.

And that Fallout 3 thing, I remember reading it on Shamus Youngs blog, there was a link here somewhere about it, google the children fghztblgr line to find it, twenty sided dice is the site.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Some of the SJW crowd also recently started talking about "male video game character stereotypes hurting men" and they're apparently equally serious about it...

Taking in account that we had a bitch cry about rape she encountered in a game about extreme lethal violence, maybe he's on to something.

Skunkpew

Augur
From the perspective of domesticated animals, agriculture of the past was a gentler prospect than the modern, factory-farm system. But for non-humans the pre-industrial farm, as symbolized by Lon Lon Ranch, was still a place of exploitation and violence, where their lives, in general, would be significantly shorter and more circumscribed than those of their nearest, wild cousins.

I like how the guy says “of the past” like some pompous holder of wisdom deigning to teach us unknowing scrubs his little version of the truth, when in fact people on medieval and pre-industrial farms didn’t even have access to cows and milk and meat, and at best they might have a goat or donkey that lived with them in their house to keep them warm during winter. Read a history textbook you moron.

God, I loathe the empty magniloquence of these idiots and their "Ocarina is a fantastic piece of art we can enjoy while being aware that, like so much other art, it has a lot of problems." What a zilch. How do I hate someone I've never met before? This is what the internet does to me. And I'm supposed to trust in the words of a guy who seriously quotes Karl Marx?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Ugh, seriously, who the fuck cares? You cannot win either way and there's always going to be some sperg raving about something he didn't like.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
How To Cope With Your Video Game Inspired Name by Sephiroth Hernandez

My parents gave birth to me the day after they beat Final Fantasy VII. My mother played the game while she was in the hospital and became obsessed with Sephiroth. To this day, she is still enthralled by him. My father dresses up as him on occasion and well, they do things. But honestly, what else could you expect from parents who named their child Sephiroth?

I'm from the country where its forbidden to give children ridiculous names but, still, some mothers travel to government agencies far away in the middle of the countryside just so they can give their children the name of painkillers. Or an americanized fusion of two archaic portuguese names. Like Godofreterson.

That said, I still think that the parents who gave their children the name of Turok and Dovahkin should be jailed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom