Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Also, Loverslab may have devoured all sanity from sgc_meltdown, but his essence lives on.

:salute:

*Edit: Particularly on RK47

:hero:
It's almost like the ending of Diablo 1.
*cue RK47 prying the loverslabstone from sgc_meltdown's forehead and sticking it into his own, knowing that it will eventually destroy him as well*

that forbidden power is not for mankind to have, sgc_meltdown was the most perverted of the champions of the Codex, and even he fell to it, it cannot be contained in a mere mortal, only someone that has laid their eyes on and entered beyond the dark gates of perversity, only one that has totally cast off even their basic layer of moral decency can handle that massive influx of pure depravity.

my guess is sgc_meltdown either simply melted or became a being of pure fetishism.

Any of sgc_meltdown LPs available. I know I will regret this morbid curiosity later...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Chris Avellone enjoys bad comics. People who enjoy bad fiction are usually bad writers themselves. :smug:
https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/382718056528498688
The Court of Owls storyline in the 1st new Batman collection was incredible. Thanks, Snyder and Capullo - such a good read!

The one-shots for Mr. Freeze, Riddler, and Penguin are pretty solid. Haven't poked around much else. :(

That Penguin story was particularly stupid. "Hey I know you run a criminal organization despite no concrete evidence and I publicly said I was going to run you out of town but let me just accept your private dinner invitation anyway, surely you won't do anything illegal-but-plausibly-deniable to me."

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
In the Shitaku article on the Steambox, someone mentioned they're worried a living room focus for PC gaming might remove mouse and keyboard controls from games. "VectorVictor99" posted this gem in response:

Many people are perfectly fine and happier using a controller for PC gaming, and that's great.

In fact, it's better for PC gaming in the long run, especially since the future of PC gaming is living room accessible machines (read: HTPCs) and smaller form factor hardware.

By the way...not everyone on PC games currently with a KB/M, and a growing number of PC gamers are ditching the KB/M for controllers when possible. Sorry your opinion isn't right...but frankly, the fewer of your ilk in PC gaming, the better PC gaming will be in the long run.

Read the whole comment thread here: http://kotaku.com/no-no-no-keep-gamepads-away-from-pc-games-i-swear-to-1387091216

:retarded: indeed. Abandoning KB&M is abandoning one of the fundamental advantages of PC gaming.

One of the fundamental advantages of PC is that (unlike console players, who are stuck with that single gamepad) you're able to choose whatever damn peripheric you want for the game you're currently playing - keyboard and mouse, gamepad, wheel, flightstick, dragon dildo. I think reducing "PC gaming" to "because keyboard > controller" is not how one should look at it.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:retarded: indeed. Abandoning KB&M is abandoning one of the fundamental advantages of PC gaming.

One of the fundamental advantages of PC is that (unlike console players, who are stuck with that single gamepad) you're able to choose whatever damn peripheric you want for the game you're currently playing - keyboard and mouse, gamepad, wheel, flightstick, dragon dildo. I think reducing "PC gaming" to "because keyboard > controller" is not how one should look at it.
Of course, reducing PC gaming to "controller is the only peripheral useful" is the opposite extreme.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron

That's true, but it doesn't make that guy's post any less retarded.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Fucking finally. The casual idiots have gone from Wii games, to Facebook games, to mobile games. I wonder what stupid thing they'll latch on to next.

Machocruz

Arcane
kotaku fuckstick said:
Many people are perfectly fine and happier using a controller for PC gaming, and that's great.

In fact, it's better for PC gaming in the long run, especially since the future of PC gaming is living room accessible machines (read: HTPCs) and smaller form factor hardware.

By the way...not everyone on PC games currently with a KB/M, and a growing number of PC gamers are ditching the KB/M for controllers when possible. Sorry your opinion isn't right...but frankly, the fewer of your ilk in PC gaming, the better PC gaming will be in the long run.

And not a single bit of evidence given to support any of these assertions. How is it better in the long run? How does he know what the future of PC gaming is? How does he know that PC gaming will be better off with fewer of someone's ilk? And how will it be "better off."

Arguments, how do they work?

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Fucking finally. The casual idiots have gone from Wii games, to Facebook games, to mobile games. I wonder what stupid thing they'll latch on to next.
Since we're unlucky it will probably be PC games again.
Fuck. That would make since, just about everyone has a PC of some sort and shovelware isn't known for having steep hardware requirements. I wish gaming would go back to being uncool so we could get good games at some point.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
MY3oceh.png

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
So Doritos and Mountain Dew have a deal with Xbox...but Taco Bell has a deal with Doritos and Mountain Dew...so no matter who loses, Mountain Dew and Doritos win.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
So Doritos and Mountain Dew have a deal with Xbox...but Taco Bell has a deal with Doritos and Mountain Dew...so no matter who loses, Mountain Dew and Doritos win.
Most of these products are not available in my country. I'm going to starve to death while gaming on my next-gen console :(

Ninjerk

Arcane
You can't get them in your country? You will be just fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom