Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ex-Biowhore Jen Helper...
Really? If that is true, I still don't have much hope for DA III but at least won't make me vomit.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Perhaps it was an attempt to portray the "Bhaal genes" as a kind of mental retardation? The child of the God of Murder is a dumb murderous oaf - makes sense.

Honestly it sounds like the author to decided the books would be an experiment in writing a story from the perspective of an INT 3 barbaric oaf character.

Except Bhaal became the god of murder by outsmarting the other two gods :roll:

Considering the Khalid being abusive to Jaheira and having her fall in love with the main character part, I think the author was just writing the story he LARPed in-game.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
And she's saying these things in an update on Kickstarter, a platform which is almost by definition aimed towards enthusiasts, people who like games so much they're willing to pay for them years in advance. Does she even see the irony in this? Probably not.
I guess they are desperate and are trolling to stir up a storm of nerdrage. Which they will then portray as an attack on Hepler for being a woman, and induce white knights to pledge for the game.

Pessimistic as I am about the state of the world, even I doubt there's $400k+ worth of whiteknight indignation out there.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Pessimistic as I am about the state of the world, even I doubt there's $400k+ worth of whiteknight indignation out there.
I'm sure the white knights would throw down that much if they had a moderately attractive woman to be their Dulcinea, but the Hamburglar? Not gonna happen.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Look at the distribution of backers, there's a few people that think its worth thousands of dollars. I wonder if BSN has gotten a hold of it yet.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
For some reason I thought PowerPC came out in the 80s rather than 1992, but 21 years ago is still pretty ancient in the computer world. In 1992, the pentium wouldn't come out until a year later and people were still using Windows 3.0.
Not when it comes to processor architectures, which last for a long time. PowerPC is one of the newer architectures, "pretty ancient" is something like MIPS from 1981 or x86 from 1978. We're talking about the base architures here, not individual processors.

Athelas

Arcane
It is ironic to me the backlash that this idea has gotten from hardcore gamers, many of whom are also hardcore anti-DRM protestors. Ultimately, we are making the same case: once you spend your hard-earned money to buy a game, you should be able to play it any way you want. Anti-DRM protestors don’t like being told they have to be always on-line and sometimes endure long queues to play the games they own; many other players and potential players don’t like knowing that they could spend $60 on a game only to be told they’re not allowed to play past the first boss fight.
She's seriously comparing the issue of ownership of your game to...not being able to get past the first boss fight? Even though current games are pretty much retard-proof with regenerating health, objective markers, false dialogue choices that have no effect, etc.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ultimately, we are making the same case: once you spend your hard-earned money to buy a game, you should be able to play it any way you want.
And that is why Lovers Lab exists. :smug:
hoho.png

Kitako

Arcane
People don't finish games because they are shit. It's due to the last years trend of huge advertising/hyping, pushing madly for that day 1 purchase, and the sheeple keeps falling for it.

Get excited and hyped - Buy game and cry oh joy on youtube - realize you don't really like th... OH SHIT LOOK! ANOTHER UBER GAME IS COMING! DAY 1 PURCHASE!

Or maybe, dear Hamburger Helper, people are dropping games because the story is shit.
I finished The Witcher 1 only for the story, totally hated the combat and gameplay. Still wouldn't skip combat. At the same time, ME3 had a pretty good gameplay (in its own category), but was totally worth dropping for the nauseating story and characters.

Can't talk about DA2, never went past the demo.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
better yet, drop ME3 story, and just head online for some decent co-op.
I spent more time on MP than SP for ME3.
The first Bioware game I ever did that.

zwanzig_zwoelf

The videogame industry has a serious problem with non-completion of games. Only between about twenty-five and fifty percent of people who buy a game actually play it to the end.
Because you make shitty videogames which I don't want to finish, not because of combat.
Dumb bitch logic is dumb and bitchy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom