Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
They actually abandoned CGI animation and quite literally went back to the drawing board. Somewhat. At one point. They may have gone full retard again since then.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, Disney did open up the traditional animation studio again back when they got back in bed with Pixar, since the guys on Pixar insisted on it. Though I don't remember them doing much with it after Lilo & Stitch tho.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I thought that Atlantis movie was when Disney realised that they couldn't make money off traditional animation.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The Princess and the Frog was fun. It did pretty well financially too. :cool:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
The Princess and the Frog was fun. It did pretty well financially too. :cool:
Would have been just as fun if the protagonist were a white female?
She didn't look proper black, only dark skinned, with good hair. You know, the kind of blacks who are more close to the beauty standards. Is this what progressives call "white washed"? Seems like it worked, since Roguey likes it.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
While I haven't seen many of the "big" Disney animated films (like Aladdin or Lion King) I've seen enough of them to know that they're watered-down, family-friendly, brainwashing flicks that have had a negative effect upon society for decades.

There's a reason parents are increasingly flat-out refusing to show their kids Disney films; the films brainwash the kids into thinking that the world is somehow different from what it really is. How many little girls start to base their lives upon what they've seen in a Disney film, and adopt a "sit and wait for Mr. Right to make their lives complete" stance that'll screw them over well into late adulthood?

In fact there is only one Disney film that I can stomach to watch and recommend to others, and that's the original Fantasia.

I'm not saying that the "other" animation studios are doing any better, mind you. This is just a problem with American animated cinematics in general. Disney leads, the others follow, to the point that to intentionally deviate from the "norm" established by Disney is called to adopt an "anti-Disney" stance instead of just being independent or doing your own thing. Akira had to go out of its way back when it was released to demonstrate in the first minutes of the film that it was NOT another Disney film.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
She didn't look proper black, only dark skinned, with good hair. You know, the kind of blacks who are more close to the beauty standards. Is this what progressives call "white washed"? Seems like it worked, since Roguey likes it.
Most black people in America have some sort of white ancestry. Some women go through a horrible process to straighten their hair.

I liked how the only black character with exaggerated "black" features was the stereotypical voodoo-man villain, v progressive
say what now
http://www.shadowandact.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/princessfrog_payoff_1sheet.jpg
The black people in this poster don't look like the white people. I'd say the white rednecks look the worst, as they should be. :smug:

Disney shits on the classics.

The original hunch back of norte dame was completely watered down and popamolized with a golden ending which was :retarded:

That is the only disney movie I saw. I am sure it shat on plenty of other wotks too.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Toads are underrepresented? THEN BUY MY BOOK NOW! IT HAS A TOAD IN THE TITLE!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom