Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Luzur

Good Sir
Just play this video, and listen...

Keep in mind that this is from the Official Channel of Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo.

well, if the song is fit to play on radio, its fit to use in this too.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

Don Peste

Arcane
1238372_10151702492729398_1044362735_n.jpg

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's originally from /v/ on 4chan. There was a guy who did a pretty hilarious reading of it on youtube, but I can't find it now.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Maybe I'll change the eggs to potato next time. The eggs are too valuable.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
0% of the staff had journalism degrees

I've heard some complain that turning journalism from a trade to a profession that requires a degree was part of its decline.
nobody wants a newspaper/-agency staffed with 100% journalism degree holders... those people have the technical know-how of journalism, but not much else... they need people with expertise in different fields to supplement that and offer a different perspective... but those people in turn need the journalism degree holders to keep it all together and form a coherent whole

this is also why actual journalism requires more than one editor to look at (and double check) an article before it gets published

Journalism isn't about conflicts of interest or good investigative practices, it's about being open about how you feel and stuff. After all, all perspectives are biased, so no number of precautions can really address the bias problem.

I guess the prestigious Codex just got prestigiouser.

After all, if solid research, investigative skills, ethical standards and institutional transparency aren't what matters to journalism, just 'being open about how you feel and stuff', surely nobody would deny that the Codex is far more 'open' and expressive about how it feels than any professional gaming site:)

There is something about the last sentence that nags at the back of my mind....something about strawmen and an excluding-the-middle fallacy. Oh well nevermind, I'm sure it logically follows from the premise that bias can't be completely eliminated that we shouldn't worry ourselves about bias at all. After all, everyone knows how we all stopped eating once we realised that we couldn't completely eliminate famine. Obviously it also follows all forms of bias are equally unproblematic, and we'd just be silly if we were to think it problematic for, say, poiticians to take bribes - i mean, all political viewpoints are perspectival, so why should we make distinctions based on whether the source of a particular perspective comes from solid investigative research or whether it comes from a conflict of interest?

Pseudowoman is a cannibal! :eek:

uh, i read that she is vegetarian?

Plants eating Plants, Good Sir. Dunno if that qualifies for cannibalism... although in theory pseudowoman could eat each other.

Only if the plants belong to the same species...otherwise you'd be a cannibal for eating other mammals.

Pseudowomen eat soup right? No reason you couldn't chop up another pseudowoman (same secies) , make soup out of that and feed it to another pseudowoman. There. Cannibalism.

Dunno if that qualifies for cannibalism... although in theory pseudowoman could eat each other out.

Enhanced. :smug:
:lol:

I have to find the time to read all this sci-fi stuff written before I was born... Fuck man my generation is really shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom