Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Luzur

Good Sir
And then the "recycled" stuff in Daggerfall is randomly generated each time

No, it was randomly created once but the game is the same every time you start it anew. It doesn't create its dungeons randomly for each playthrough, the world is the same for everyone.

well Privateers Hold (and the last dungeon) is "locked" so to say, but the other dungeons are generated at the first start.

Hm. So if I understand correctly, when you start a new game then it will create the dungeons for your install of the game and keep them that way for each subsequent characters you create? Is that right? So if you'd want to "reset" the game, you'd have to make a new installation?

from my experiences of the game, yes.

also, see Elwro's post.

Question, Elwro: how many times you've met the infamous "falling into the void" bug? If you believe people on the internet it happens every 30 seconds but I think it's an exaggeration. Confirm / deny

i had it happen to me only 2 times, and i played the games for years on different computers.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
This proceduraly generated stuff is overrated. It didn't impress me in Darklands either, with the same "fetch me artifact X in a cave north of city Y" and "go kill raubritter Z northwest of city X". It may have potential tough, maybe Dwarf Forest or something.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Question, Elwro: how many times you've met the infamous "falling into the void" bug? If you believe people on the internet it happens every 30 seconds but I think it's an exaggeration. Confirm / deny

It happened to me all the goddamn time, but only when spamming jump in wierd places (like extremely steep slopes and corners OR THOSE FUCKING SPIRAL STAIRCASES).

The way I understand it, Daggerfall's world was randomly generated at development, except for a few select locations which were designed by hand.

I will take all the recycled stuff in daggerfall over the radiant shit in Skyrim thank you.

"I'll take random over random, thank you"

16711.jpg

:lol:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Casual bingo
Fuck you, I bought Battlefield 1942 the year it was released, then played the shit out of it on LAN, and it was awesome.

I also never owned a console with a memory card. The Atari 2600 did not have a memory card :smug:

Question, Elwro: how many times you've met the infamous "falling into the void" bug? If you believe people on the internet
Never believe random morons on the Internet whose username is not Sceptic.

I've had it a few times over the years, like less than 10, over multiple playthroughs. It doesn't even happen once per dungeon. People are just exaggerating morons. And no it's not fixed by the unofficial patch - it's an engine problem that was there also in Battlespire. DaggerXL probably won't have it, being an engine remake, but unofficial patch never touched the engine in this way.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Angry Birds is far more challenging than Codex darling F:NV, even with P:N tweaks to make it significantly more difficult. Dead serious.

Seriously I tried it on my phone and I'm fucking terrible at it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Angry Birds is far more challenging than Codex darling F:NV, even with P:N tweaks to make it significantly more difficult. Dead serious.

Seriously I tried it on my phone and I'm fucking terrible at it.

It also has pretty shitty trial-and-error gameplay once you go past just fucking around.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Benefit of the doubt: some of them may have played in offline mode.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What's more likely is that they send a copy out to every two bit reviewer whether or not they would review an RTS game.

Luzur

Good Sir
I wonder if the latest unofficial patches fix it.

nope, as mentioned by Sceptic, its an engine bug, just dont jump around in wierd places like those 90 degree slopes, stairs, underneath shelves and stuff and you should be fine.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
To be honest, I don't understand why victims of abuse don't want other persons to become victims. It's in their best interest that other people are suffering from mental problems and can't achieve the 100% performance demanded by modern society. Then they'll have greater chances to prosper, not end up unemployed or on street.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
To be honest, I don't understand why victims of abuse don't want other persons to become victims. It's in their best interest that other people are suffering from mental problems and can't achieve the 100% performance demanded by modern society. Then they'll have greater chances to prosper, not end up unemployed or on street.

Because, if it wasn't yet obvious to you, many people enjoy to play the victim and do not know any other way to interact with society. Your scenario means that other people will take that spot.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
5502vn.png

The game about violently killing people mindlessly in an very brutal manner almost depicts sexual assault.
:retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom