Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

That was obvious a long time ago. Torment begat Knights of the Old Republic begat Dragon Age.
Torment begat KotOR 1? Wat? :retarded: The game which included every Bioware cliche ever? The game with most irritating, inane companions? With retarded story, where Dark and Light sides of the Force were played completely straight, without any subversion or inversion whatsoever? In what way it could even be linked to PST?

If you are trolling - :5/5::1/5: Not bad, would :x again, but too obvious. If not --- :flamesaw:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good god, that Gromnir somehow managed to be both insane and insufferably smug. Kill it with fire.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Need bigger resolution for image bro.
bwcliches.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gromnir was a regular on the old BIS/Interplay boards. He pulled that schtick far enough that Bioware created a Bhaalspawn based on him.

Gromnir Il-Khan. What I wonder is whether the character Dorn Il-Khan in BG:EE has anything to do with him.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He's also an attorney. I would not want to use his services if I knew who he was.

Oh yeah and this is probably my favorite Gromnir exchange.

HA! Good fun!

Never understood was he larping an ork or a dwarf, or something else entirely. And why there apparently were two of him writing. Or was it a royal "we"? One of the odder posters, to be sure.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
"Why are we excited for GTA V after GTA IV turned out to be a boring turd of a game?"

GTA IV fans get all defensive as usual. "Fantastic game!", "Best of the series!"

Someone posts this in response.

1378071797602.jpg

Last edited:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Bioware has taken to name dropping Planescape:Torment now ?. To much water and bad blood under that bridge to win back the old crowd.

As for GTA V. I gave up on that game was the second I realized that I spent more time chaperoning idiots around the map then I did having fun.

Repressed Homosexual
"Why are we excited for GTA V after GTA IV turned out to be a boring turd of a game?"

GTA IV fans get all defensive as usual. "Fantastic game!", "Best of the series!"

1378071797602.jpg

It doesn't mean much. Most young gamers trade back nearly all their games after they've completed them because they have limited money. Especially if it's not multiplayer. It only means that GTA IV was spectacularly popular.

And it is overbashed. It's not an "Oscar-worthy game", but there are a lot of things it did right.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

1378071797602.jpg
Don't link directly to 4chan's images, save it and upload it to imgur instead.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Need bigger resolution for image bro.
I am annoyed by that chart.

Not because I am some BioWare apologist, especially since I haven't played a BioWare game for a long long time.

But because in some cases, it's trying to hard to find vague similarities.

Legitimate comparison: There is a drow character on Hordes of the Underdark with the exact same lines as Carth Onasi, down to "Don't trust anybody".

Illegitimate example: Darth Revan is the Bhaalspawn in space.

There's pretty much little resemblance between Revan and Bhaalspawn. Bhaalspawn was just one of many many Bhaalspawn as indicated in the very first Baldur's Gate and in the opening intro itself. And he was just a child with no prior experience. Revan was actually a former Sith Lord whose memory was wiped out. Same way, neither Revan nor Bhaalspawn resemble Commander Shephard, who actually commands a reputation before the story begins.

So it's stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom