Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Probably going all out to piss off his detractors - and rally his fans around him.
A valid strategy, since he doesn't really want to piss off his remaining fanbase after DA2.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:lol:

The old "haters gonna hate" Gaider. It never gets old the amount of butthurt in this man. Those were obviously not problems with his writing, it's just that people don't understand his genius.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1377564711153mrb3u.png

gaider6is9l.png

Butthurt: (n.) When you cannot take criticism and try to make all your valid critics look like idiots instead of listening to their complaints.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gaider's body of work is proof that writers without an editor produce shit.
But he does have editors for both his Bioware work and his novels.
That's the most depressing thing I've read in a while. And cry he did.
I really, honestly, don't want to know how his writing looks before editing.
My guess is the editor took one look at the draft he turned in and decided that it would be too much work to actually fix, so he just corrected some grammar and punctuation figuring nobody who knows any better would actually read the book anyway.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Now that he's come out gay, he can say whatever the hell he wants. And if anyone criticizes him, it's because they're homophobic.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
My guess is the editor took one look at the draft he turned in and decided that it would be too much work to actually fix, so he just corrected some grammar and punctuation figuring nobody who knows any better would actually read the book anyway.
Also reprimanded him for using passive voice too much. :M

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I wonder if it was anything specific that made Gaider so butthurt, or if he's like this permanently. Was someone mean to him on BSN again?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I wonder if it was anything specific that made Gaider so butthurt, or if he's like this permanently. Was someone mean to him on BSN again?
He's giving up fags i.e. cancer sticks and dealing with withdrawal from kicking his addiction.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

I dunno, something must have gotten his spirits up. He hasn't been this obnoxious since the build-up to Dragon Age 2.

And of course, we're currently in the build-up to Dragon Age 3...shit. I think we're going to be seeing a lot of Gaider posts in this topic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom