Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I can't see who it is because the picture is too small. Name is ellen something. Is that some american celebrity?
Nah, I used my photoshop majick on it and apparently her name is Ellen Boddeker.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
http://cheevos.com/

No matter if you guy/girl or whatever, Cheevos impress people. It's almost like saying 'Well, I got tons of Cheevos. There are tons of people online that are interested and respect me."

You might be thinking 'Oh that's complete BS, I personally don't care about Cheevos when dating'.
And yeah, you are probably telling the truth, but it's in your sub-concious. Sort of like how girls always like the bad guy, but never admit it.

Braggin about your Cheevos sometimes makes you look conceited, but that's a good thing. It like how celebraties look conceited because they're rolling VIP into clubs and you're stuck in line.

So many haters will tell you: 'Cheevos take no skill', 'I just changed my account so I have low Cheevos', 'I don't play video games, they're a waste of time', or 'Those points mean nothing'...

With Cheevos you have a number anyone can lookup like I have displayed on this site. It's a concrete number which Microsoft monitors to weed out cheaters.

It's evidence you have put time into gaming. I only talk to people with Cheevos over 10k. I won't waste my time having a converstaion with a noob who doesn't know where the A button is asking, 'So do you play Halo?'.

It shows dedication, and that you don't just give up on things. It would actually look good on a job resume.

holy shit.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Thank fucking god Steam doesn't assign you some kind of arbitrary score based on the achievements you're unlock. Though that's probably likely to change, seeing as there are tons of threads popping up in game forums going 'no cheevos no buy hur durr.'

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
c5SIpW3.jpg

Dexter

Arcane
Thank fucking god Steam doesn't assign you some kind of arbitrary score based on the achievements you're unlock. Though that's probably likely to change, seeing as there are tons of threads popping up in game forums going 'no cheevos no buy hur durr.'
You're just saying that cause you've got a lower Steam level than most of the Codex.

BEHOLD CODEX I AM BECOME SOMETHINGMAJIG YOU CANNOT CONTROL THROUGH USE OF MAGICAL ENERGIES OF INANIUM AND SMACK SOWING SOWS AND ROADS UP THE COAL AND WOAH JESUS CHRIST I NEED HELP PLEASE HELP ME YOU FINALLY BROKE MY SPIRIT FUCKERS GOD HATES YOU ALL ESPECIALL ME

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/481281587/cheevos-the-movie-bboy360-reaching-100k-gamerscore/
Playboy Bboy360 reaching 100k Cheevos and 55k MySpace friends. What happens when he meets a gamer chick with more gamerscore?
Documentary
Backers: 3
Average Pledge Per Backer: $77

Funded: $232 of $130,000
Dates: Nov 21st -> Jan 20th (60 days)
Project By: Bboy360
Well, this is disappointing. That could have been hilarious.

I'd like to think that this whole Cheevos thing is a parody, but it's not like there aren't real things that are just as dumb. I did a google search for "is Cheevos a parody?", but all the results were about Cheers: A XXX Parody. So, apparently that's a thing.

On the other hand...
And not all achievements are fun. Do you think I had fun getting 950/1000 Gamerscore on Hanna Montana? No, I do it to build my gamerscore. They has also cheevos for solitare and Kinect testing stuff. Visual Studio SHOULD have real cheevos, not these fake ones.
if this guy is a troll, he may be the most brilliant I've ever seen.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're just saying that cause you've got a lower Steam level than most of the Codex.
That only shows that he's clever enough not to grind pay2win games.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
'no cheevos no buy hur durr.'

It's like.. I don't even know how people could play games before they were invented. They're the best thing since technology allowed first person RPGs.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Naw, Dewritos is when you dissolve your Doritos in a glass of Mountain Dew so you don't get that orange shit on your controller.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Since I play games with Steam in offline mode my "cheevos" are massively screwy... I reached level 30, but never level 20. I finished the campaign, but did none of the quests in it. I like to think this fucks with developers spying on me to see how I played, but the truth of course is I am lost in a sea of statistics.

I hate to admit it, but it was interesting seeing how the percentages came out on how people completed New Vegas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom