Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

ChristofferC

Magister
Lol Randy Pitchford, what an imbicile. His premises are wrong AND his chain of logic is fucked up.

Repressed Homosexual
From Future Shop:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/pre-order-games.aspx

True hardcore gamers know that the best time to play a hot, new video game is the first day it hits the store shelves. It’s a fresh experience, unsullied by spoilers on the web or buddies who like to brag, "Oh yeah, I’ve already played that one."

Pre-order those hot titles and you’ll guarantee your copy, especially if it’s one of those rare, special limited editions. It’s the best way to make sure you’re one of the first people on the planet to play that video game, with all the inherent bragging rights included.

When you pre-order your next favourite game, you don’t have to worry about over-paying. If the price drops before it’s released or on the day it’s launched, you’ll only be charged the lower price. Worry-free gaming FTW!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From Future Shop:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/pre-order-games.aspx

True hardcore gamers know that the best time to play a hot, new video game is the first day it hits the store shelves. It’s a fresh experience, unsullied by spoilers on the web or buddies who like to brag, "Oh yeah, I’ve already played that one."

Pre-order those hot titles and you’ll guarantee your copy, especially if it’s one of those rare, special limited editions. It’s the best way to make sure you’re one of the first people on the planet to play that video game, with all the inherent bragging rights included.

When you pre-order your next favourite game, you don’t have to worry about over-paying. If the price drops before it’s released or on the day it’s launched, you’ll only be charged the lower price. Worry-free gaming FTW!
The Morgoth Creed (TM)

Repressed Homosexual
I buy gift cards from gas stations to pay for console games now, because my Amex card gives me 4% cashback for any transaction made in a gas station.

I'm getting the PS4 and XBOne at launch, and I'm getting a game for each. I'll probably get Forza for the XBOne. PS4 I don't know which one yet.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The best time to play a game is a month or longer after release, when it's properly patched, has some DLC/expansion content available, maybe some good mods if it's moddable, and there are enough informed opinions of other players around so you know whether it's worth playing or not.

dieu

Learned

David Gaider said:
Yes, I get it. It’s funnier to repeat that, how a writer for a major franchise known for its romances might have a burning love for the Twilight series. Especially to those who think the romances I write are juvenile, and how anyone who likes our romances is clearly either a fourteen-year old girl with moonpies for eyes or an emotionally-stunted guy who’s never had a relationship in his life.

David Gaider said:
Don’t tell me I should be more interested in figuring out what appeals to you than in figuring out what appeals to a young woman, not unless you’re dishing out way more money for the stuff we make than she is.

Make up your mind dave

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The best time to play a game is a month or longer after release, when it's properly patched, has some DLC/expansion content available, maybe some good mods if it's moddable, and there are enough informed opinions of other players around so you know whether it's worth playing or not.

I'd argue it's around a year after for singleplayer games.
If only because it gives you time to completely forget all the spoilers you'll read in the interim so they won't mar the experience.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Gaider, butthurt as ever. Waah, waah, haters think I'm writing stuff for kids, but they're just haters.

not unless you’re dishing out way more money for the stuff we make than she is.

At least he's finally admitting it.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Meh I think it's more likely that skinny people eat less than they think and fat people eat more than they think.
Or they simply move more. I used to eat ridiculous amounts of food as a kid but started gaining weight only in the end of primary school when I started to go spend less time running around outside and causing trouble. Then also, at some point I started to drink cola/fanta/sprite every day and eat lots of confectionery at school every day because it became impossible to buy dinners every day but one had to buy a pre-paid subscription for a whole month.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So wait... Gaider is saying those 14 year old girls are giving Bioware more money than traditional RPG fans? And if this could ever be true; bragging about it?

Heh.

So wait... Gaider is saying those 14 year old girls are giving Bioware more money than traditional RPG fans? And if this could ever be true; bragging about it?

Heh.
Eh. If Twilight's target audience consisted sorely of 14-year old girls, it wouldn't be such successful novel. Sadly, there are also these people:
2sRUWqw.jpg

I imagine that some of Bioware's audience are soccer moms, and this part would only be growing,

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom