Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
And I have an inherent hatred for overweight people... since i have seen starving men kill each other over a paltry $1. Fat fucks who gorge are scum in my books.

Maybe she had some babies through wide hips and didn't starve herself afterward? I spent a couple years in poverty-stricken Eastern Europe... most of the older ladies who survived the bread lines were still fat as fuck.

Insult her for the long list of legit reasons instead of looking like a simpleton.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I too feel harassed. And yet I keep coming back for more. Me and the Codex is like one of those abusive redneck relationships you see on cop TV. I CAN'T LEAVE HIM I LOOOORVE HIM.
:love:
(I think I'm paraphrasing someone but I can't remember who)

Hepler said:
It's important to listen to fans about what's important to them, but it's equally important to listen to people who are not currently gamers about why they aren't playing.
This doesn't make any sense to me. But I guess it does explain a lot. Cater to people who don't play games. Right. :popamole:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Reminds me of
Josh Sawyer said:
People look at something and go, “Ok, so we have this core of people that love the game and this other group that fundamentally hates it, so let’s make it a different game.” And it’s like, “Well… no. They hate the game. They didn’t like anything about it. You’re not going to win those people over. They don’t even like the idea of what you’re making.”
Some people think it’s a cliche phrase, but when I was at Interplay the model of Interplay was, “By gamers, for gamers.” And some people are like, “Well that’s every game.” But no, it really isn’t.

Del: Yeah, no, it really isn’t.

Josh: There are people that focus on making games for people that hate games. And… well, that’s ok, but I’m not not interested in doing that. I want to make games for people that love games. People that really enjoy them and playing them. I’m not not trying to make a game for people that do not enjoy the challenge of them of the idea of them. So it’s interesting when you get into these genres that are kind more enthusiast or ‘hard-core’ genres like RPGs and you’ve gotta be careful how much you’re appealing to people that don’t like RPGs. It’s like, “Well… they don’t like them. They don’t like any of them or anything about them.”

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well put Sawyer, well put :love:
As Infinitron indicated, I think that attitude sums up the Kickstarter mindset quite well, and runs counter to the mainstream AAA must-appeal-to-everyone.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I too feel harassed. And yet I keep coming back for more. Me and the Codex is like one of those abusive redneck relationships you see on cop TV. I CAN'T LEAVE HIM I LOOOORVE HIM.
:love:
(I think I'm paraphrasing someone but I can't remember who)

Hepler said:
It's important to listen to fans about what's important to them, but it's equally important to listen to people who are not currently gamers about why they aren't playing.
This doesn't make any sense to me. But I guess it does explain a lot. Cater to people who don't play games. Right. :popamole:

this one? approx 2:40

The problem has become so pronounced that International Game Developers Association executive director Kate Edwards tells Polygon that the organization is looking into starting support groups and that while the harassment isn't yet having a major impact on game development, "we're at the cusp of where it could.
Fucking pussies :obviously:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
According to @Brother None, nobody at inXile has received death threats since he's been there.

Solution to fan violence: Don't make games for retards.

Dexter

Arcane
/v/ is apparently in celebratory mood: http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/205238974/

MaJnJaN.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Everyone is so fucking offended these days. Feminists are offended that everyone doesn't think constantly about their feelings, anti-feminists are offended that feminists dare challenge the current worldview, introverts are offended that they are required to interact socially and extroverts are offended that introverts are so fucking narcisist. Angry nerds are offended that game developers don't cater to exactly them and only them and game developers are offended that they get e-mails from angry nerds. Everyone is offended and ask, NAY, DEMAND!, that everyone else consider their feelings above everyone else's. Nobody thinks for two seconds that maybe, just maybe, there is a shadow of legitimacy in the other party's feelings.

All of this offends me to no end.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyway I don't really see why they hate Bobby - in stark contrast to the other people in that picture he is actually startlingly competent at his job.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Plague of game dev harassment erodes industry, spurs support groups

Developers, both named and those who wish to remain anonymous, tell Polygon that harassment by gamers is becoming an alarmingly regular expected element of game development. Some developers say the problem was among the reasons they left the industry, others tell Polygon that the problem is so ubiquitous that it distracts them from making games or that they're considering leaving the industry.

The problem has become so pronounced that International Game Developers Association executive director Kate Edwards tells Polygon that the organization is looking into starting support groups and that while the harassment isn't yet having a major impact on game development, "we're at the cusp of where it could."

Guess what, people. It's harassment time again! With Helper given ample article space.

Hepler's heplering bad.

Though, I actually do have a problem with the threats itself and especially if they really went against her kids. Apart from personal feelings, just because it leads to stuff like this article and detracts from the initial issue with Hepler's comment.

I'd rather read a discussion about why what she said is dumb rather than read a million articles of people being dicks. The only thing this throws up are internet warriors of the other side.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom