Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
9gNwlRx.png

She blocked me. :lol:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I thought you didn't really care about ableism? I know you think fat people can be shamed.
I'm explaining the reasoning, I don't really care. I've yet to see actual mentally challenged people complain about having an unfavorable depiction in media, of course I haven't been looking.

VtM:B always felt like satire to me. Like haha all the chicks are amazingly hot and have D-cups they can rest coffee mugs on, half the game takes place in night clubs, and every woman has 70% skin showing (if not more). Maybe I'm giving Troika too much credit? What do you say @Roguey?
I don't think they were that self-aware considering all the ~problematic~ characters and dialogue. Even Mitsoda wrote and voiced himself as a total sleaze a female PC can have sex with. Though this is an accurate depiction of Lesi:
zVtfl1b.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Everyone who thinks a game (or any other piece of media) is shit just because it portrays certain groups in certain ways is a pretty shitty person. Just saying.

VtM:B always felt like satire to me. Like haha all the chicks are amazingly hot and have D-cups they can rest coffee mugs on, half the game takes place in night clubs, and every woman has 70% skin showing (if not more). Maybe I'm giving Troika too much credit?

The whole seductive thing with vampires doesn't work with average-looking people, same reason that in horror films the main female character is a gorgeous blonde teenager. It's not supposed to be full retard but you can't take it very seriously either.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
And Annie saw this and decided to marry him despite being a feminist herself. People are funny.

Yeah, I was wondering if non-retarded people are funny for the retards the same way retards are funny for the non-retarded. It seems they are.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, I was wondering if non-retarded people are funny for the retards the same way retards are funny for the non-retarded. It seems they are.
Unlike Annie, I have never virgin-shamed any of the misogynerds on the Codex so your idea of who is and isn't a retard is strange to me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
All of the choices mean "No". What's offensive here to a feminist? You should be able to have sex with the sleazy guy because that would be empowering? This is confusing
The sex options come later.
55jWFiA.jpg

It's either that or get him a prostitute if you don't want to play an annoying zombie-shooting minigame.
E8tVM0z.jpg

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
You can always, like, not do the quest. I guess players absolutely must do EVERY quest in the game - no matter how shitty or boring they think it is.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
huh, so they made an anime about the development of Dragon Age?

those zany japs

That's actually several years old by now, It's the good end OVA for the first season of Ore no Imouto.
I've forgotten most of the names and context of the OVA, but I believe the pink-haired one was making a hardcore dungeon crawler (which was obviously filled with hardcore homo content).

It predates DA2, and with that said, the japs generally don't give a fuck about western games, I believe bioware's titles garner about 2000 sales per game over there?
Probably doesn't help that they were saying shit about Final Fantasy tiles not being proper RPGs but actually adventure games.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Virgin-shaming hurts men too. :P

virgin-shamed

what does that mean
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...the-mark-with-women.47396/page-5#post-1261824
"manchildren wailing about women whom they likely have only the minimum of contact with,"

I don't like it because it overlooks how a lot of men with the most regressive views about women are married and have children.

You can always, like, not do the quest. I guess players absolutely must do EVERY quest in the game - no matter how shitty or boring they think it is.
You can ignore it but the content still exists. Who is the sleep-with-him option for? Men who get their kicks from role playing as promiscuous women, presumably. Do women get a quest with a comparable amount of fan service? No. And if it existed, you better believe SWMs would be complaining about its inclusion, much like they do when it comes to Bioware games.

Oh right, this. I'm sure he agrees the art style is stupid, so who cares? People get offended by that "How to be a fan of problematic things" article even though it gives you a defense.

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
You can ignore it but the content still exists. Who is the sleep-with-him option for? Men who get their kicks from role playing as promiscuous women, presumably. Do women get a quest with a comparable amount of fan service? No. And if it existed, you better believe SWMs would be complaining about its inclusion, much like they do when it comes to Bioware games.

So a quest where you can fuck a woman is fanservice for man, and a quest where you can fuck a ugly guy is fanservice for... man larping woman?

DramaticPopcorn

help me im butthurt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom