Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Kat Chastain is fat and/or ugly, prove me wrong Roguey

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
On an unrelated note, I’ve kinda gotten gawked at and laughed at a lot lately and every time it’s like dude, I know. I totally already know. I get it. The way you’re imagining this situation is, like, a version where you somehow have secret knowledge and I somehow didn’t grow up in exactly the same culture as you and therefore have no clue how a dykey trans woman who’s at 0% Stealth Level reads to cis people in the context of a Lowe’s Home Improvement Store. I really, truly get where you’re coming from, dude.
Hot tranny mess as Christian Siriano used to say.

Menckenstein

hPnM43o.jpg

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
On an unrelated note, I’ve kinda gotten gawked at and laughed at a lot lately and every time it’s like dude, I know. I totally already know. I get it. The way you’re imagining this situation is, like, a version where you somehow have secret knowledge and I somehow didn’t grow up in exactly the same culture as you and therefore have no clue how a dykey trans woman who’s at 0% Stealth Level reads to cis people in the context of a Lowe’s Home Improvement Store. I really, truly get where you’re coming from, dude.
It really doesn't help those people's case when they're all a bunch of weirdos

Menckenstein

Does transitioning somehow involve irregular bathing?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game developers should be more sensitive to the abomination tranny culture. Henceforth all voice acting and dialogue for tranny characters should be done by real trannies.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Is the low intelligence character really a low IQ person? Or someone with poor communication skills?

Cause a low IQ person is just gonna sit at that vault door and howl if they were to be left in a dark cave with rats.

Dexter

Arcane
Being fucking stupid is a disability now?

How the hell do they come up with this shit

I don't even
I made the mistake of visiting RPS again since fucktarded CRPG companies seem to be giving them Exclusive interviews and whatnot. (at least I'm wearing protection in the form of Adblock for these sites)
I ended up here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/11/the-sunday-papers-276/
They linked to a place that calls itself "Social Justice League", the article contained the world "problematic" over two dozen times.
And How To Be A Fan Of Problematic Things: “Especially do not ever suggest that people not take media “so seriously”, or argue that it’s “just” a tv show. The narratives that we surround ourselves with can subtly, subconsciously influence how we think about ourselves and others. That’s why creating imaginary fantasy and sci fi worlds that have more equal societies can be a powerful thing for marginalised people, who mainstream media rarely acknowledges as heroes. But even if you don’t think that media matters, there is still no reason to focus exclusively on unequal or problematic fictional worlds and narratives. If it doesn’t matter, why don’t YOU stop taking your media so seriously and stop fighting us on this?”
I proceeded to read some of the replies out of some sense of morbid curiosity...

Last edited:

visions

Arcane
HdfPzAy.png

Fucking devoid of empathy ableist cow using derogatory terms like "nerd" and "gross" in order to aggressively dehumanize those not privileged with copious amounts of emotional intelligence. Bitch should check her privilege.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
HdfPzAy.png

Fucking devoid of empathy ableist cow using derogatory terms like "nerd" and "gross" in order to aggressively dehumanize those not privileged with copious amounts of emotional intelligence. Bitch should check her privilege.
It's "shit", not "bitch". Please avoid using genderist insults.

Also, using the word "gross" suggests that she's in fact an agent of the fashion-cosmetic industrial complex and thus by extension of patriarchy. I wouldn't be surprised if she shaves her legs so that she'd be more similar to slugs, worms and frogs. And she has nerves to call us, evolved mammals "gross" :obviously: .

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thought I wonder what kind of ableism drives her to push for erasure of mentally retarded and mentally ill people from games. Maybe she should check her privilege?
It's about depiction. In low-int runs of Fallout and Arcanum or Malk runs in Bloodlines you're supposed to laugh at the dialogue your stupid character is saying.
I thought you didn't really care about ableism? I know you think fat people can be shamed.

Here's Tim Cain's views on low intelligence dialog
I really want these dialogs too! I find it fun to replay the game with a low intelligence character, just to see how the NPC's react to my slow-witted attempts to help them.
He doesn't seem to think the important part is the dialogs themselves being funny or making fun of people with low native intelligence, but the interactions of with NPCs.

Also, isn't the fact that the Vault Dweller can have lot intelligence and still succeed at saving the world from super mutants a positive portrayal when most games just like to pretend low intelligence people don't exist?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
VtM:B always felt like satire to me. Like haha all the chicks are amazingly hot and have D-cups they can rest coffee mugs on, half the game takes place in night clubs, and every woman has 70% skin showing (if not more). Maybe I'm giving Troika too much credit? What do you say @Roguey?

Last edited:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
With VtM:B I got the impression that half the developers were in on the joke, and half of them were taking it seriously.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yet you posted it in a "laugh at idiots" thread. Also it's not really about games, but about social justcie, using games incidentally as an example.

Well, Roguey's smart enough to know we're all laughing at her, so she posts here.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

I had no idea what Roguey is. I suspected tranny, but I didn't want to call him/her 'it' because trannies apparently don't like that.

Well, at least I now know what he is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can you recognize this person, Codex?

969448_10151648053358579_154644377_n.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom