Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Thanks, I'll start putting "political activist" on my resume. Would anyone here care to be a reference?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I can see it now. Instead of college classes being filled with wannabe activists whose entire activism resume consists of spending an hour at Occupy Blank a day for a week, classes will be filled with wannabe activists who gloat about trolling their ideological opponents online.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can see it now. Instead of college classes being filled with wannabe activists whose entire activism resume consists of spending an hour at Occupy Blank a day for a week, classes will be filled with wannabe activists who gloat about trolling their ideological opponents online.
Hey, one of the examples of horrible political agenda trolling that I've seen mentioned is taking her dead father photo to create a fake FB account to harass her about being a disappointment. That's so tasteless it's almost art.

Delterius

Arcane
Hey, one of the examples of horrible political agenda trolling that I've seen mentioned is taking her dead father photo to create a fake FB account to harass her about being a disappointment. That's so tasteless it's almost art.
Links or it didn't happen.

The world can't be this putrid. Or stupid. Or maybe I should say pitiful.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Did They merge this thread with GD?:retarded:

Was there a time when this thread was not a GD enclave?
There's this beautiful moment when most every thread incarnates the evil spirit of GD. While I'm mostly against that, what evdk said picked my curiosity.

Did They merge this thread with GD?:retarded:

Was there a time when this thread was not a GD enclave?
During Part 1 when it was LOL Oblivion.
Again, everything is BioWare's fault.

Speaking of black gods in movies:

These ones are more like Daedric Princes than gods, though.

(5:35 for fight scene)

(and as a bonus from the same movie, a BR take on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon...or was it the other way around?)

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
people (and women) need to struggle for survival again, too much time on their hands.
When have women ever had to struggle for survival? Throughout history, those poor women had to stay home and raise the children while their husbands got to choose between dying in a war, dying in a mine or dying at sea.

Swedish underclass/middle classwomen where actually allowed (and mostly expected if she didnt have any son at the right age) to take over and run their husbands business if he died, so most underclass/middle class women never had time to sit around and idle.

people (and women) need to struggle for survival again, too much time on their hands.
When have women ever had to struggle for survival? Throughout history, those poor women had to stay home and raise the children while their husbands got to choose between dying in a war, dying in a mine or dying at sea.

They couldn't exactly just sit in place and hibernate until the men came back. And what happened when those husbands died? Money and food fell from the sky?

Multi-headed Cow

Eurogamer Spelunky PC review said:
I love this game, obviously, but I mentioned that there is one thing I would change. I don't like the damsel mechanic. There's a woman in a red dress in every level who you can transport to the exit to earn a kiss and an extra heart piece. You can also find her in seedy kissing booth shops, where you can buy another heart for a few thousand bucks. Spelunky lets you change the damsel to a guy or even a pug dog, but it still makes me uneasy. Innocently included, it feels out of place in a game that has so deeply understood and overcome many other mistakes that existed in the games from which it draws influence.

:rpgcodex:

Jashiin

Arcane
Eurogamer Spelunky PC review said:
I love this game, obviously, but I mentioned that there is one thing I would change. I don't like the damsel mechanic. There's a woman in a red dress in every level who you can transport to the exit to earn a kiss and an extra heart piece. You can also find her in seedy kissing booth shops, where you can buy another heart for a few thousand bucks. Spelunky lets you change the damsel to a guy or even a pug dog, but it still makes me uneasy. Innocently included, it feels out of place in a game that has so deeply understood and overcome many other mistakes that existed in the games from which it draws influence.

:rpgcodex:

Is this for real ?

Tehdagah

Arcane
" Innocently included, it feels out of place in a game that has so deeply understood and overcome many other mistakes that existed in the games from which it draws influence."

Are they implying (again) that Mario is oppressive? :lol:

a challenger appears

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239350/discussions/0/864975632386340351/

Mistress Rarity
iconGames.png

Thank you. It's a shame, really. I really wanted to play as the Damsel, but it won't make the game any less enjoyable. I just wanted to confirm this before I bought the game, because the Damsel in the first one was easily my favorite part of the game. The other female characters look interesting enough (Especially the Miner), and I think I will enjoy them all no matter what.

--

" Innocently included, it feels out of place in a game that has so deeply understood and overcome many other mistakes that existed in the games from which it draws influence."

Are they implying (again) that Mario is oppressive? :lol:

Mario doesn't want to let Bowser marry Peach because he's an overweight scalie. SMB teaches fat shaming AND fursecution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom