Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
And technically, if we get a lot more women playing games, we might have an influx of gamers who are interested in complex RPGs.

That Anita girl might just be our Jewish savior.

If Anita is full jewish, i can definitely see a nose-job and a lip-job on her.
The name sounds Armenian or something like that.
Hmm i wouldn't know much about Caucasian names ... all sound same to me (yes including the jews)

Except, Anita is a pretty common Indian Hindu name, and quite a bit of hindu given names are used by jews and vice versa, so I assume she is jewish.

kenup

Scholar
Codex 2014
:eek:
Well, of course. It all makes sense. Anita pioneered... youtube videos without proper use of facts and references? Nothing to do with gameplay of course.

Now, that Carmack guy, what did he do? Created a gaming genre that is probably the most popular today? Pfft, in the gaming industry we don't care about that. Only equality, cut scenes and QTEs.

Dexter

Arcane
You guys should see some of the rest of that "list"...: http://m.oxm.co.uk/57106/features/the-100-most-important-people-in-games/

2. Eric Hirshberg, CEO, Activision Publishing
4. Don Mattrick, president, Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft
5. Phil Spencer, corporate vice president, Microsoft Studios
15. Tim Cook, CEO, Apple
19. Phil Harrison, corporate VP, Microsoft Studios EMEA
20. Robert Kotick, CEO, Activision Blizzard
21. Peter Moore, chief operating officer, EA
29. Steve Ballmer, CEO, Microsoft
32. Perry Chen, CEO, Kickstarter
34. Frank Gibeau, president, EA Labels
35. Marc Doyle, co-founder, Metacritic
57. J.J. Abrams, director
66. Emmett Shear, co-founder, Twitch
67. Leland Yee, California State senator
80. Meggan Scavio, general manager, Game Developers Conference
82. Casey Hudson, executive producer, BioWare
89. Christopher Nolan, director
94. Michael D. Gallagher, president and CEO, Entertainment Software Association

circ

Arcane
LULUL. SORRY MCA YOU SUCK.

50. Amy Hennig, game director, Naughty Dog
If there's a standard of writing and characterisation that modern games need to live up to, it's that of Amy Hennig and her work on the Uncharted games. Funny, touching and dramatic, her characters are people you want to play with.
image_35346_thumb_wide300.jpg

UN...CHARTED HAS WRITING? WUT?

WHAT NO HEPLER OR GAIDER?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If Anita is full jewish, i can definitely see a nose-job and a lip-job on her.
The name sounds Armenian or something like that.
Hmm i wouldn't know much about Caucasian names ... all sound same to me (yes including the jews)

Except, Anita is a pretty common Indian Hindu name, and quite a bit of hindu given names are used by jews and vice versa, so I assume she is jewish.
Might be some kind of Gypsy name, which could probably be traced back to India if you're arsed to.

Also, wasn't Amy Hennig writing for Legacy of Kain?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is no question that the guy who pioneered the FPS genre would have less influence than a nobody feminist. It is not like FPS games are a multi-billiion dollar genre that dominates the market.

:troll:

The bigger problem is how that list only mentions his work on Rage and doesn't even say a word about what id software did in the 90s.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is no question that the guy who pioneered the FPS genre would have less influence than a nobody feminist. It is not like FPS games are a multi-billiion dollar genre that dominates the market.

:troll:

The bigger problem is how that list only mentions his work on Rage and doesn't even say a word about what id software did in the 90s.
They seem to do it with everyone - Hennig is there for her "awesome" work on Uncharted, ignoring LoK completely.

Turjan

Arcane
Might be some kind of Gypsy name, which could probably be traced back to India if you're arsed to.
Anita is simply the diminutive of An(n)a in Spanish, Portuguese or Italian ("little Ana"). It's also popular in many other European countries.

thesoup

Arcane
You guys should see some of the rest of that "list"...: http://m.oxm.co.uk/57106/features/the-100-most-important-people-in-games/

2. Eric Hirshberg, CEO, Activision Publishing
4. Don Mattrick, president, Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft
5. Phil Spencer, corporate vice president, Microsoft Studios
15. Tim Cook, CEO, Apple
19. Phil Harrison, corporate VP, Microsoft Studios EMEA
20. Robert Kotick, CEO, Activision Blizzard
21. Peter Moore, chief operating officer, EA
29. Steve Ballmer, CEO, Microsoft
32. Perry Chen, CEO, Kickstarter
34. Frank Gibeau, president, EA Labels
35. Marc Doyle, co-founder, Metacritic
57. J.J. Abrams, director
66. Emmett Shear, co-founder, Twitch
67. Leland Yee, California State senator
80. Meggan Scavio, general manager, Game Developers Conference
82. Casey Hudson, executive producer, BioWare
89. Christopher Nolan, director
94. Michael D. Gallagher, president and CEO, Entertainment Software Association
Notch is #3.:thumbsup:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
What's the reason for Christopher Nolan and JJ Abrams on the list. Grimdark cinema culture?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom