Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
what3d.gif

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Fallout 3 probably outranks NV or its predecessors, Dragon Age: Origins is a better game than Baldur's Gate and that Diablo 3 is somehow on the list and much further up than it has any right to be.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe in some ways, but all this gender politicking crap tends to annoy me. I think if someone said that stuff to me about my baby, I'd feel the urge to hit them or at least tell them where to go.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Iceland is very forward and open when it comes to homosexuality and transgenderism. I don't mind it that much, and I actually know way more transgender people than I should know, considering things such as ratios, actual population numbers and so on and so forth.

But at the same time, every transgender (and many homosexuals) that I know is aware of the fact that their existance, as who they desire to be, is a gift. It is not a right, and most certainly not a birthright in any way. Our society allows them to be as they wish, and medical science steps in and fills the gaps where biology (and other things such as clothes and make-up) fails them. It is against nature in many ways, but it is what makes them happy, and they are grateful. When given the opportunity, they only speak their case and perspective, they do not impose them upon others.

But these fucktards that are voicing their opinons on Twitter like this over the new royal heir... completely missing the point. Currently transgenders are only tolerated, in reality they have no real rights when it comes to gender. If they get the chance to switch genders, good for them. But they should be made aware that their choice, and any modifications they do to their body as a result, it is not a right, merely an option. An option simply not available in many parts of the world. For these people to merely voice their opinions and desires of the topic will get them killed in 2/3ds of the world. For these people to show such entitlement and arrogance, to think that they can say these things about a recently born child, especially when it has been a defining part of childbirth since people started scribing history to point out the gender of a child... these people can just fuck off for all I care.

There are so many aspects of life that are merely a gift, and not a right. I think this case should be a stern reminder of that fact.

If you can understand my words, be grateful.
If you feel you have to reply, be grateful that you can.
If you are able to reply to me, be grateful.
If you are able to reply to me without leaving your own home, be grateful.
If you are able to debate the subject without being killed by opponents of your opinion, be damn grateful.
If you can voice your innermost thoughts and desires on Twitter, for the world to know - be grateful. At least until you prove yourself to be a total ass.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Maybe in some ways, but all this gender politicking crap tends to annoy me. I think if someone said that stuff to me about my baby, I'd feel the urge to hit them or at least tell them where to go.
Sure will be awesome when dinosaurs like you die out. Gonna campaign for an androgynous future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom