Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Gaben Moon.
It's not a moon.
QoiWCsc.gif

Luzur

Good Sir
hey guys, going to PAX East? dont bother.

EDIT: SHHHEEEEEIIIIIIIITTT.

oh well, its here, it stays.

WW's EDIT: Not if I can help it...:troll:

EDIT2: dammit i cannot brofist my own post.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
http://www.funnyjunk.com/channel/thepiratebay-bay/A+pirates+life+for+me/rjtlGew

>Pay $700-1200 making a computer
>companies expect you to pay TWICE that on software
Also
>Game companies release game, $60
>Dlc costs $15 each
>paying customers spend up to $120 on new games
>average person can't afford over priced games
>companies sell less games
>blame piracy
What the hell is wrong with these people?

:lol:
Retard can't grasp the concept of high-quality professional software having a high value for for professionals that charge a lot of money for their work.
While I understand people pirating frivolous shit like games, people who pirate high-end professional software annoy me.

Retard can't grasp the concept of high-quality professional software having a high value for for professionals that charge a lot of money for their work.
While I understand people pirating frivolous shit like games, people who pirate high-end professional software annoy me.

Why? Keeping the tools required to be successful reserved for the mega-rich strikes me as something that should be illegal. Imagine how shitty art would be if the only way to get something other than crayons was to be become a slave underling of a major corporation.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Why? Keeping the tools required to be successful reserved for the mega-rich strikes me as something that should be illegal. Imagine how shitty art would be if the only way to get something other than crayons was to be become a slave underling of a major corporation.
Except that they aren't "tools required to be successful". Most of people using high-end professional tools use them for completely bullshit reasons and could use much cheaper/open source tools instead.
Actually what what is happening thanks to these retards is that these corporations are getting near-monopoly for professional tools.
Understand one thing:
Ability to use tools to full potential is almost exclusively dependent on community. If the community doesn't choose open source/freeware/less expensive programs, the full potential of these programs never gets used because of lack of tutorials, lack of community and lack of literature.
Meanwhile pirates are building community for the super-expensive programs that shouldn't be used outside the professional circles.

What should be illegal is teaching subjects like computer graphics and office programs in technical and high schools on expensive proprietary software whose price makes it impossible to legally practice their skills.
But thanks to retards, we have tons of people skilled in using these extremely expensive programs and very few people skilled in using less expensive programs and these very expensive programs are "default programs".

Personally, I'm working in CAD and when I saw that AutoCad is too expensive, I simply bought a 100x less expensive "alternative software" that does what I need.

Except that they aren't "tools required to be successful". Most of people using high-end professional tools use them for completely bullshit reasons and could use much cheaper/open source tools instead.
Actually what what is happening thanks to these retards is that these corporations are getting near-monopoly for professional tools.
Understand one thing:
Ability to use tools to full potential is almost exclusively dependent on community. If the community doesn't choose open source/freeware/less expensive programs, the full potential of these programs never gets used because of lack of tutorials, lack of community and lack of literature.
Meanwhile pirates are building community for the super-expensive programs that shouldn't be used outside the professional circles.

What should be illegal is teaching subjects like computer graphics and office programs in technical and high schools on expensive proprietary software whose price makes it impossible to legally practice their skills.
But thanks to retards, we have tons of people skilled in using these extremely expensive programs and very few people skilled in using less expensive programs and these very expensive programs are "default programs".

Personally, I'm working in CAD and when I saw that AutoCad is too expensive, I simply bought a 100x less expensive "alternative software" that does what I need.

Sounds like we're actually on pretty much the same page. Unfortunately there's no way you are going to get most schools to teach with something that doesn't have a multimillion marketing budget behind it. Company products are entangled with teaching to the point of incest, and it's not going to change any time soon. In the meantime I don't see anything more wrong with a person pirating photoshop to teach themselves graphic design than a person going to a library and "pirating" what used to be forbidden knowledge in chemistry or what have you.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sounds like we're actually on pretty much the same page. Unfortunately there's no way you are going to get most schools to teach with something that doesn't have a multimillion marketing budget behind it. Company products are entangled with teaching to the point of incest, and it's not going to change any time soon. In the meantime I don't see anything more wrong with a person pirating photoshop to teach themselves graphic design than a person going to a library and "pirating" what used to be forbidden knowledge in chemistry or what have you.
Sure, but starting a company a producing all your graphic design on pirated Adobe Suite soft is something a bit different.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I find it odd that Ocarina of Time turned me off from Nintendo due to it being piss easy, and yet it gained such a rabid fan base. Guess the decline started in the mid 90's.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Just something random that's been bugging me...

WGIlXBE.jpg

Vice City's "I Ran" trailer.
Muted last month by Sony Music Entertainment.

Also last year:

GTA: Vice City No Longer On Steam Due To RIAA Sony Music Copyright Claim
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-Vice-City-Longer-Steam-Due-RIAA-Copyright-Claim-49372.html

GTA: Vice City Back On Steam, Nearly 10 Songs Removed
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-Vice-City-Back-Steam-Nearly-10-Songs-Removed-50206.html

For some perspective...
List of best-selling PlayStation 2 video games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_2_video_games

:hmmm:

Truly there is NO honor among Popamole manufacturers...

Luzur

Good Sir
Just something random that's been bugging me...

WGIlXBE.jpg

Vice City's "I Ran" trailer.
Muted last month by Sony Music Entertainment.

Also last year:

GTA: Vice City No Longer On Steam Due To RIAA Sony Music Copyright Claim
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-Vice-City-Longer-Steam-Due-RIAA-Copyright-Claim-49372.html

GTA: Vice City Back On Steam, Nearly 10 Songs Removed
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-Vice-City-Back-Steam-Nearly-10-Songs-Removed-50206.html

For some perspective...
List of best-selling PlayStation 2 video games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_2_video_games

:hmmm:

Truly there is NO honor among Popamole manufacturers...

huh, wouldnt the music been payed for already if it was used in an official trailer for the game?

edit: missed this one.

Grim Monk

Arcane
huh, wouldnt the music been payed for already if it was used in an official trailer for the game?

They just created a "VEVO" page for the song, and people might hear it on another video that's not tagged to give them ad revenue...

Release the "Content ID" bots to indiscriminately Mute everything...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom