Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Pathetic, Henry VIII would sort this shit out pretty fucking fast.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Played through most of doom 1 today but it is different than I remember. When I was a child I played a version without music with constant creepy sounds that resembled chewing. On higher difficulty levels there were marines helping you I think. Any idea what I played?

Angthoron

Arcane
Can't he just wait til they grow out of invincibility age and kill them? Does shit age in Fable 3?

"YOU ARE NO SON OF MINE, I HAVE SEEN BEYOND THE VEIL OF LIES OF YOUR FILTHY MOTHER"

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Played through most of doom 1 today but it is different than I remember. When I was a child I played a version without music with constant creepy sounds that resembled chewing. On higher difficulty levels there were marines helping you I think. Any idea what I played?
Probably some random wad being sold as the actual game. :thirdworld:

Kinda how I played Diablo 1 too, the one I played had extra classes and some weird biological area that you could go instead of the church

Angthoron

Arcane

Kinda how I played Diablo 1 too, the one I played had extra classes and some weird biological area that you could go instead of the church
Huh? That's Diablo: Hellfire, an "official"* addon released by Sierra, not a mod.

*In the sense that it wasn't first-party.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Wasn't it just the expansion?

EDIT: Goddamn ninjas

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I don't think anyone sold it:D A friend of mine had it and we used to play it a lot together. I remember it a lot harder, but that might be due to me being young. It had the three episodes, though. I am not sure about aiming or being able to look up and down with the mouse, though. And I don't think I ever jumped and I have a vague memory of some levels looking as if not being able to jump was a gameplay mechanic-you had to lower some things and stuff. There was nothing like this in the version I played today. There were a lo of things that seemed familiar, though.

What I remember most is the sound-it was really creepy and for some reason if we turned the speakers off the game freezed after a few minuts, so I was forced to listen to it. The main manu was animated (some gameplay played, the guy opens a door full of enemies and start shooting them. Really hardcore).

Yeah. But nobody in the pirate CD stand told me it was some shitty modded game expansion FFS

:lol:

Once we found Colosseum Road to Freedom on a pirate stand, pretty cool because they usually don't have more obscure games available. The blank CD had some horrid, incomprehensible handwriting on it, but it was really cheap so we assumed the person burning these by the dozens couldn't be bothered with making it look nice, so we bought it and went home (in another town) to play it. Surprise, it doesn't work, apparently being a video file. A bit frustrated, we throw it into the DVD player, and are confronted with this.

edit: I also once bought Tales of Destiny 1 because the seller swore it was actually ToD 2, and that the "1" was just a badly scribbled "2". Pirate stands taught me to deal with merchants as if they were scorpions riding on my batrachian back.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Man I have good memories about old ripped games. My favorite memories were playing Blood and Quake without the official music and trying to find a substitute to listen while playing, for Quake it was best of Iron Maiden and for Blood best ballads from Scorpions. It was quite interesting to listen songs like White Dove while intestines fly all over the screen.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I bought Monkey Island 1 CD version on a used-CD store (a.k.a. SEBO), guy sold it for R$5 because he thought it was a broken audio CD. :P

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Pirate stands taught me to deal with merchants as if they were scorpions riding on my batrachian back.
I've never had any negative experiences with pirates, more customer-firendly and fair than dipshit publishers or stores.

Brinko

Arcane
My only experience of receiving ripped games was with the original zoo tycoon. My sleazy uncle had given it to me because of how much time as a kid I would play sim park and sim safari. Only problem with the game was that if you ever quit the game all your research progress was gone so I had to play a fucking time trial version of zoo tycoon running my animals to the brink of starvation because I couldn't research fast enough the weird fucking fruits that the monkeys I bought ate. I once got to pandas but that was a bad idea because they eventually broke out and went on a hunger crazed rampage and I had to shoot them.

Delterius

Arcane
Pirate stands taught me to deal with merchants as if they were scorpions riding on my batrachian back.

:lol:

Back in the days I had two choices for pirate merchandise, a nearby store that could only be reached after 4 turns into an alleyway and the infinite stands of a man only known as The Bearded One. The store was awesome: the CDs were of a high quality and looked just like the original - no wonder my PS1 and 2 still work rather well, while my friends' broke a few years into the gen - but, OTOH, Bearded One's games were, like, 2 reais, ten less than the store's.

It was all so sad when the store closed its lan-tournament side business and Beardy declined into movie DvDs and Xbox piracy. That was like the end of an era. My earliest gaming memory is buying a memory card to play Chrono Trigger on that store, but then it was clear I had to finally migrate into more :obviously: pastures.

I bought Monkey Island 1 CD version on a used-CD store (a.k.a. SEBO), guy sold it for R$5 because he thought it was a broken audio CD. :P

What use would a broken audio CD be for any price?

Really, some SEBOS will buy anything. I've seen some pretty worthless stuff (think half-burned half-pissed old book) for sale on the Land of Drizzle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom